Notices

Yakkity's Holidays Come celebrate all the holidays with us here!

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
Sheldon
YakTV Executive Producer

My Mood: Inspired
Thanked 4,096 Times in 2,189 Posts
Groans: 132
Groaned at 138 Times in 123 Posts
Amusing Wacky Holiday of the Day

So, I figured I'd try something new around these parts. You know, to prove I'm more then just a pretty YBB Houseguest!

Let's start a thread about the crazy "holidays" that some people celebrate. I use "holidays" in quotes, since I'm not sure how often they're celebrated or even how you would celebrate some of these days, but if it helps to share a story or two, then my work here will not have been in vain...

TODAY'S "HOLIDAY" - AUGUST 15th
National Failures Day

Everyone has had that one dream or goal in mind that they just fell short on. Obviously, we're not complete failures (after all, we ARE members of the best site on the Interwebs), but what moment in your life that you missed the mark on makes you wonder, "What if..."?

For me, it was not telling my first crush how I really felt about him. We went to High School together and I often wondered during that time what life would be like if we dated. I was too afraid of rejection and worried about everyone finding out that I was gay, so I never said anything to him. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like today if I had just told him the truth. So, I feel like I failed my then-future self for not exploring the possibilities of what could have been.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Apply NOW for Yak Big Brother: Back to Basics
Click on the banner above to apply!
Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

My Mood: Amused
Thanked 7,028 Times in 5,373 Posts
Groans: 608
Groaned at 1,013 Times in 930 Posts

I won't go into too much detail because I still don't like admitting it, but along the way of medical school I did HORRIBLY on one of our boards that we need to take.

I am reassured that it will not affect my application for residency but there is always that doubt in my mind. Until the season is over, I will have that doubt. So far, so good, but I will hold all celebrations until then.

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next

M.D.
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
TheKdd
Your mama what?

My Mood: Cynical
Thanked 5,917 Times in 3,981 Posts
Groans: 212
Groaned at 161 Times in 152 Posts

Ugh. I have had plenty of these.

My Karma ran over your dogma.
~

BIG BROTHER LIVE FEEDS!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Early Bird Special)

TheKdd is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

My Mood: Devilish
Thanked 5,607 Times in 4,031 Posts
Groans: 258
Groaned at 136 Times in 127 Posts

too many to pick one

Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
Sphinx
YakBB2 WINNER & #EvilQueen!

My Mood: Balanced
Thanked 3,957 Times in 2,680 Posts
Groans: 375
Groaned at 132 Times in 125 Posts

Took me awhile, because I really don't consider it failing. Just wasn't meant to be in my eyes, or I learned something from the situation.

The big failure was the time I flat out gave up on a class in my undergrad. The professor was a bitch to me, and I was an asshole straight back at her. Had to retake the class and she and I got along great, and she loved me by the end of it

The only other time I can think of was this past semester in International Economics. God help anyone that has to take that class with that Grecian midget. I took the midterm, after getting endless help from him, and felt like a complete failure during it. I failed that midterm pretty resoundingly bad. Didn't give up, still attended every single one of his office hours, and somehow managed a B+. Thank god for curves.

Other than that, I wouldn't say I've failed. I just have a rough go, sail through choppy waters, and then somehow make it out to another storm to sail through.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #6
Sheldon
YakTV Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
.... semester in International Economics. God help anyone that has to take that class with that Grecian midget. I took the ....
That one literally made me laugh, and I wasn't expecting that from our topic today.

Quote:
Other than that, I wouldn't say I've failed. I just have a rough go, sail through choppy waters, and then somehow make it out to another storm to sail through.
Congrats! Sounds like you've got the attitude that most people need to have!

Old 08-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
Sphinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod View Post
That one literally made me laugh, and I wasn't expecting that from our topic today.
4'9 with enough muscles to make Ronnie from the Jersey shore quiver. And then he would always let his chest hair be exposed just a bit. After that GD midterm my friend and I went to the bar where we proceeded to chug chocolate Martinis. That next day I wanted to honestly die.

Quote:
Congrats! Sounds like you've got the attitude that most people need to have!
It was actually weird when I realized I couldn't think of a time. But no, my attitude is shitty during the bad event. It's a work in progress. LOL
Old 08-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
Sheldon
YakTV Executive Producer

Quote:
4'9 with enough muscles to make Ronnie from the Jersey shore quiver. And then he would always let his chest hair be exposed just a bit. After that GD midterm my friend and I went to the bar where we proceeded to chug chocolate Martinis. That next day I wanted to honestly die.
That's a lot of muscles. Plus, the chest hair would be the step too far for me. Muscles is one thing, but the chest hair has got to go! At least keep it covered. There wouldn't be enough Chocolate Martinis in the world to get that image out of my mind!!!

Old 08-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #9
Sphinx

Quote:
That's a lot of muscles. Plus, the chest hair would be the step too far for me. Muscles is one thing, but the chest hair has got to go! At least keep it covered. There wouldn't be enough Chocolate Martinis in the world to get that image out of my mind!!!
He's actually ridiculously gorgeous...although, the day his biceps were bulging out of his polo and his chest-hair was Jack-In-the-bean-stalking, I admit it was overkill.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #10
Sheldon
YakTV Executive Producer

Quote:
He's actually ridiculously gorgeous...although, the day his biceps were bulging out of his polo and his chest-hair was Jack-In-the-bean-stalking, I admit it was overkill.
I think my concern would be that there is back hair to rival the chest hair.