Navigation » YakkityYaks - Big Brother 16 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! > Yakkity's Reality > All Other Reality TV » The 'Bachelor,' Juan Pablo: Gay Bachelor Not Good "For Kids" Because They're "More Pervert"

Notices

All Other Reality TV Reality shows not currently in season and all other reality shows not listed above

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
Yak Nicholson
The One and Only

Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Yakabclogo The 'Bachelor,' Juan Pablo: Gay Bachelor Not Good "For Kids" Because They're "More Pervert"

ABC’s “The Bachelor” may take the heat away from A&E’s “Duck Dynasty” with Juan Pablo’s latest interview. At the ABC network party at the Television Critics Association tour Friday night, current Bachelor mentioned that a gay candidate for the reality TV show wouldn’t be a good idea and that he doesn’t support the notion.

He told TV Page, ““I don’t think it is a good example for kids to watch that on TV. Obviously people have their husband and wife and kids and that is how we are brought up. Now there [are] fathers having kids and all that, and it is hard for me to understand that too in the sense of a household having two parents sleeping in the same bed and the kid going into bed. It is confusing in a sense. But I respect them because they want to have kids. They want to be parents. So it is a scale … Where do you put it on the scale? Where is the thin line to cross or not? You have to respect everybody’s desires and way of living. But it would be too hard for TV.

There's this thing about gay people -- it seems to me, I don't know if I'm mistaken or not -- I have a lot of friends like that, but they're more pervert in a sense. To me, the show would be too strong, too hard to watch on TV”

Listen to the whole exchange below. ABC has yet to make a comment. “The Bachelor” is currently airing Mondays at 8/7c on ABC.
Yak Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

My Mood: Amused
Thanked 7,458 Times in 5,670 Posts
Groans: 618
Groaned at 1,018 Times in 935 Posts

I'm glad he reminded me how wholesome it is for people to watch a man whore with 30 skanks vying for his "love" with their vaginas.

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next

M.D.
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #3
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

ABC has released the following bull shit generic comment

Quote:
“Juan Pablo’s comments were careless, thoughtless and insensitive, and in no way reflect the views of the network, the show’s producers or studio.”

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

We close our eyes

M.D.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #4
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

And his "apology"

I'm pretty sure "pervert" is the same in English, Spanish and Spanglish. LOL

Quote:
"I want to apologize to all the people I may have offended because of my comments on having a Gay or Bisexual Bachelor. The comment was taken out of context. If you listen to the entire interview, there's nothing but respect for Gay people and their families. I have many gay friends and one of my closest friends who's like a brother has been a constant in my life especially during the past 5 months. The word pervert was not what I meant to say and I am very sorry about it. Everyone knows English is my second language and my vocabulary is not as broad as it is in Spanish and, because of this, sometimes I use the wrong words to express myself. What I meant to say was that gay people are more affectionate and intense and for a segment of the TV audience this would be too racy to accept. The show is very racy as it is and I don't let my 5 year old daughter watch it. Once again, I'm sorry for how my words were taken. I would never disrespect anyone."

We close our eyes

M.D.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:45 PM   #5
Isaac
Senior Yakster

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm kinda starting to see a pattern here. People get themselves on VERY popular television shows and use that to spread their "anti-gay" agenda, thinking that since they're on a popular television show, there's no way they'll be pulled (or much less "suspended"). I'm hoping the television networks will start seeing this and start putting some sort of ethics clause in the contract language to hopefully prevent this in the future.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #6
Tina
Bronze Yakkster/Admin Asst.

Thanked 1,983 Times in 1,341 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 16 Times in 12 Posts

seriously if you watched the show you would see that he has difficulty speaking.
Art of conversation and the english language are NOT his strong suit.
People need to chill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ELVIS has left the building!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tina For This Useful Post:
terpkings (01-20-2014)

Old 01-19-2014, 06:17 AM   #7
Isaac
Senior Yakster

I'm not so sure much was lost in translation. If you translate "pervert" to Spanish, it's "pervertido". And if you turn the translation around (Spanish -> English), the common meanings are "perverted" and "deviant".

I do agree, however, that some tend to overreact, but why not quell the negative and discriminative language thus giving them no reason to overreact in the first place?
Old 01-19-2014, 06:41 AM   #8
Tina
Bronze Yakkster/Admin Asst.

Thanked 1,983 Times in 1,341 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 16 Times in 12 Posts

He's there for his body. Not his brains. He's just a wannabe model/actor. Who cares what he thinks. I think it's hilarious they even bother to interview him.
The world is full of all kinds of people. No one has to agree on everything. What ever happened to freedom of speech. I get so sick of people thinking everyone has to watch every word they say. Big effin deal. In his opinion primetime TV is not ready for that.
Why should anyone "quell" someone else's thoughts and speech?
Find it hilarious that they've hyped him as the second coming and now he's embarrassed the network. He's a meat head. People should consider the source.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ELVIS has left the building!

Last edited by Tina; 01-19-2014 at 07:07 AM.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:47 AM   #9
Isaac
Senior Yakster

I do kinda agree with you about the freedom of speech thing. But if people shouldn't have to worry abouy "quelling" what they say, then nobody should need to "chill" as you put it. I guess what I was getting at is that yes, we do have freedom of speech (and I would have it no other way), but sometimes we need to practice a little "social appropriateness" about what we say. And if we don't want to, then we shouldn't get upset about any sort of response.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:03 AM   #10
requiem
Ruby Chen

My Mood: Doubtful
Thanked 4,323 Times in 2,996 Posts
Groans: 1,037
Groaned at 813 Times in 569 Posts

Perhaps next season can have a member of Duck Dynasty as a Bachelor :-) hahaha

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

"Everybody knows I'm a mother fucking monster!" - Kanye West

"You can take away my car and you can take away my keys...But you can't take away my dreams because I'm like sleeping when I have them." - NATR
requiem is offline   Reply With Quote