Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

My Mood: Devilish
Thanked 6,012 Times in 4,297 Posts
Groans: 260
Groaned at 139 Times in 130 Posts
Default FANTASIA In Hospital for Overdose!

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=12958186

Posted: Aug 10, 2010 4:58 PM CDT
NEW YORK (AP) - Fantasia's manager says the singer has been hospitalized in stable condition after taking an overdose of "aspirin and a sleep aid."

Brian Dickens said in a statement Tuesday the former "American Idol" winner was heartbroken and "overwhelmed" after being named in a legal filing by a woman who accused her of breaking up her marriage.

Dickens says the 26-year-old Fantasia is "a fighter and a survivor" and will be released from a North Carolina hospital soon. His statement didn't specify where Fantasia was taken.

___

Online:

http://www.fantasiaofficial.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #2
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

My Mood: Amused
Thanked 7,494 Times in 5,700 Posts
Groans: 620
Groaned at 1,020 Times in 936 Posts

Whoa! I had no idea she was even named in court...man, hope she's ok!

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next

M.D.
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #3
Yak Nicholson
The One and Only

Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Fantasia Stable in Hospital after Drug Overdose

Fantasia Barrino, American Idol Season 3 Champ, is stable in the hospital after an overdose of aspirin and a sleeping aid. This just days after the artist was named in court documents for allegedly having an affair with a married man. A statement released says that Fantasia’s condition is not life-threatening but that she was dehydrated and*exhausted. Fantasia did have a relationship with the man in question, but only after he stated to her that he was separated from his wife in a marriage his heart no longer was in. Fantasia’s third album since her Idol victory, “Back to Me,” is due for release on August 24. Join us here as we discuss the news!

Source
Yak Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

me too wingz.
hell, i didnt even know about the lawsuit!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #5
TheKdd
Your mama what?

My Mood: Volatile
Thanked 7,046 Times in 4,657 Posts
Groans: 216
Groaned at 174 Times in 164 Posts

Well, supposedly it was deemed a suicide attempt, and from what I understand, there was a sex tape released last week of her and this affair guy.

My Karma ran over your dogma.
~

BIG BROTHER LIVE FEEDS!

(Early Bird Special)

TheKdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #6
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

ohhhhhhhhhhhh so she's busted and now trying to find a way out!
wow...

i have never really liked her.... EVER!

Last edited by Mystycl; 08-11-2010 at 05:35 AM.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #7
Kristin
Senior Yakster

My Mood: Nerdy
Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,008 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 34 Times in 31 Posts

Well if the stress of having a sex tape out there isn't enough to give her an ulcer, ODing on aspirin should do it.

I have a really hard time feeling sorry for anyone who has a sex tape out there. My god, how many times does it have to happen before someone will finally realize that it's not worth it?
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:23 PM   #8
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

WOW!! i had no clue!
here is her statement

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/10/fantas...and-sleep-aid/

Fantasia Barrino's overdose last night was caused by a combination of aspirin and a sleep aid ... this according to the "American Idol" champ's manager.

The rep just released a statement saying Fantasia ingested the medication after feeling "overwhelmed by the lawsuit and the media attention" surrounding her relationship with her on-again, off-again boyfriend Antwaun Cook ... who happens to be married.

The statement continues, "Last night, Fantasia was hospitalized. She took an overdose of aspirin and a sleep aid. Her injuries are not life threatening. She was dehydrated and exhausted at the time. Fantasia is stable now. She will be released from the hospital soon."

The rep also explains that Fantasia "believed" Antwaun Cook when he told her "he was not happy in his marriage [to Paula Cook] and his heart was not in it."

Here's the statement in its entirety:

Fantasia has always been an open book. Honesty, self-respect, and personal responsibility are values she wears proudly.

Fantasia believed Mr. Cook when he told her he was not happy in his marriage and his heart was not in it. She believed him when he told her he and Mrs. Cook separated in the late summer of 2009. She believed Mr. Cook when he told her he lived elsewhere.

He even took her there. One of Mr. Cook’s most redeeming qualities was his complete devotion to his children. Fantasia fell in love with Mr. Cook and believed that he loved her.

Fantasia and Mr. Cook dated on and off for about eleven months. The pressure of the constant media attention was hard on their relationship. Fantasia gave inconsistent interviews about the status of her relationship with Mr. Cook because sometimes they were on and sometimes they were off.

When they were on, they spent most of their time together when she was not traveling with work.
Fantasia read Mrs. Cook’s Complaint against Mr. Cook for the first time yesterday. She knows some of the allegations in Mrs. Cook's complaint are totally false. There are others she strongly doubts. There is plenty she does not know.

Fantasia is heartbroken and is sorry for any pain she may have caused.

Yesterday, she was totally overwhelmed by the lawsuit and the media attention. Last night, Fantasia was hospitalized. She took an overdose of aspirin and a sleep aid.

Her injuries are not life threatening. She was dehydrated and exhausted at the time. Fantasia is stable now. She will be released from the hospital soon. Fantasia is a fighter and a survivor. This is not the hardest thing Fantasia has endured.

Fantasia will be stronger, smarter, and better for it. Her work has always inspired her and served as a source of strength. Her new album, “Back To Me,” will be released on August 24th.

The lyrics to “I’m Here” say it best:
“I Believe I Have Inside Of Me
Everything That I Need To Live A Bountiful Life
With All The Love Inside Of Me
I’ll Stand As Tall As The Tallest Tree
And I’m Thankful For Each Day That I’m Given
Both The Easy And The Hard Ones I’m Livin’
But Most Of All
Yes, I’m Thankful For Lovin’ Who I Really Am”

Fantasia sends her praise to God and her eternal gratitude to her fans, friends, and family.

God is good.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #9
TheKdd
Your mama what?

My Mood: Volatile
Thanked 7,046 Times in 4,657 Posts
Groans: 216
Groaned at 174 Times in 164 Posts

OMG... seriously. EVERY guy who is married, and wants to screw someone else, uses that fucking line "I'm unhappy in my marriage"... whether they are or not. How about work on your marriage you douche... and how about women stop buying it hook line and sinker and screwing up other people's marriages. Karma is a bitch... and it WILL come back to get the douche, and the bitch who bought it.

What the hell ever. That shit pisses me off... can you tell?

I do like Fantasia's voice, hope she gets well... and stops screwing married men.

My Karma ran over your dogma.
~

BIG BROTHER LIVE FEEDS!

(Early Bird Special)

TheKdd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #10
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

My Mood: Amused
Thanked 7,494 Times in 5,700 Posts
Groans: 620
Groaned at 1,020 Times in 936 Posts

It's the SAME OLD story over and over again in Hollywood. You said it best, TK...And like Kristin said, how many times is a sex tape going to ruin people before SOMEONE gets the picture to JUST NOT mess around!

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next

M.D.
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote