Notices

Yakkity's Archives This is where outdated or discontinued forums will go. Feel free to still read & post. You just might revive a topic!

Big Brother

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
Yak Nicholson
The One and Only

Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Fall TV 2010, Fox: Gleeful Teens, a Double Life, and a Doorstep Baby

As we mentioned yesterday, all this week, we’ll be previewing what the networks have to offer you this upcoming fall TV season. Today, we’ll start with Fox. With only 3 new shows slated to hit the mini-screen for Fox this fall (click here for the fall schedule), is Fox showing over-confidence in returning shows or are they that good? And what exactly about these three new shows made them special to make the cut? *With the return of favorites like House, Glee, Lie to Me and Bones, Fox promises to make for an interesting fall. Continue reading below for previews and to check out what you don’t want to miss this season! Don’t forget to let your voice be heard HERE … registration is quick, easy and free!

Need to CLICK HERE to watch the previews...

New Shows:

Lonestar, Mondays @ 9EST: One man living two lives all for one giant con.Has Fox found the perfect con or are they just showing what every man does? Ok, maybe that’s only true for some (sorry guys). *What happens when you live life playing any character but yourself? Easy, you learn to juggle two different identities, two different jobs, and two different loves. And what if you can’t? Well…let’t not hope it gets there. Just when things hit the fan, we do everything in our power to make sure it all stays stable; and that’s exactly what our Lonestar, Robert (or Bob) Allen, tries to do, too. This Yakkster’s prediction: HIT

Raising Hope, Tuesdays @ 9EST: What looks to be My Name is Earl reincarnated might actually be worth giving a shot (funny, they do share the same creator). When a one-night stand with a future felon goes bad, Jimmy’s life takes a dramatic turn. 9 months later, a special surprise pops onto his doorstep. That’s right, *a baby. Not only does Jimmy take the project on, he includes his whole family – who want nothing to do with this. How will it all turn out? Will we feel bad for the little innocent one stuck in a crazy world? And of course, would this be a show without the potential for a new female companion to help him along this ride? Nope – that’s why there just may be one… This Yakkster’s prediction: could go EITHER WAY

Running Wilde, Tuesdays @9:30EST: All guys have a childhood sweetheart they try to win over, right? No? Crap, I need to find a new hobby then. Anyways…back to the show. Steve’s love for Emmy, the daughter of his family’s old housekeeper, might just make him perform his first selfless act – all in an effort to win her over. But Steve’s oil company will be expanding in on indigenous land Emmy is currently living on. As an environmental activist with a daughter who stopped speaking 6 months ago, she won’t have it and will try to convince Steve to change his mind and maybe win him over. Steve brilliantly decides if he can’t help her, find others who can. With the help of Emmy’s daughter will these two entirely different people be able to set everything aside for a relationship bound to happen? TV welcomes back Will Arnett and Keri Russell to the screen as the dynamic duo. This Yakkster’s prediction: leaning a little more towards HIT
Yak Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

My Mood: Amused
Thanked 7,319 Times in 5,572 Posts
Groans: 618
Groaned at 1,018 Times in 935 Posts

I for one think Lonestar has really good potential. I'll be watching that, I think. The previews look interesting and the premise sounds good.

The other two comedies...not so sure on those. Maybe I'll give them a shot later if they are picking up steam and acclaim.

And besides Cops & America's Most Wanted, only one reality show on Fox's fall schedule - Hell's Kitchen. Interesting ... I know they haven't been the biggest proponent of reality TV, especially in the fall, but nice to see original scripted programming take focus.

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next

M.D.

Last edited by 19wingz; 09-07-2010 at 02:23 PM.
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
TheKdd
Your mama what?

My Mood: Volatile
Thanked 6,911 Times in 4,594 Posts
Groans: 215
Groaned at 171 Times in 161 Posts

Running Wild and Lonestar look like something I may tune in for to see if I like them.

Running Wild has an interesting premise, and I like the actress in it. Lonestar as well has an interesting "Movie-like" premise... which may hurt it being a series, but we will see.

Raising Hope already bugs me. Way too slapstick, cheap dumb downed comedy for me.

American Idol, well, I may watch a couple shows to see how it's going... but I am very pessimistic on the outcome of it. I don't watch really anything else on Fox. House is good, but I never watched it regularly, and I don't like Glee.

My Karma ran over your dogma.
~

BIG BROTHER LIVE FEEDS!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Early Bird Special)

TheKdd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #4
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

How do you not like Glee?? Blasphemy! LOL

I used to watch House, then dropped it with all the cast changes. Too bad because I liked that show, but apparently House and Cuddy are doing the deed this season (or did they already do that?).

Ya, I'm with you on Running Hope. I think Earl fans will love it, but I didn't like how that was cheap dumb down comedy either, so I don't think I'll like this one. I'm definitely gonna give Lonestar a shot - I think it has real good potential. Wonder how it starts off...

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

We close our eyes

M.D.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:03 AM   #5
grandmamichelf
Bodyguard

My Mood: Cynical
Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,441 Posts
Groans: 184
Groaned at 24 Times in 22 Posts

I might have to start watching Glee again since Cherise is now going to be on the show. She's the young Filipina that was discovered on Oprah, sang with Celine and has an amazing voice. We really like her a lot. And her voice is bigger than the girl that plays the lead. Just love it.

Lonestar-not interested.

I rarely watch sitcoms so I doubt I'll watch anything else. I'll give American Idol a shot but after Adam Lambert, I just don't see the talent anymore.
Do not walk in front of me, I will step on you. Do not walk beside me, I will bitch slap you. Do not walk behind me, I will turn around and kick you. I did not come through time and space to bandy words with a witless worm.

Grandma's looking for a grill. If you don't know what that means, you don't know Grandma.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
grandmamichelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:58 AM   #6
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Ya, Grandma, Charice or Cherise (however you spell it) is supposed to be joining the cast. She does have a GREAT voice.

We close our eyes

M.D.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:39 PM   #7
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Adding another preview

We close our eyes

M.D.