View Full Version : BREAKING: BIG BROTHER LIVE Feed Shake up

Mikey
04-03-2013, 06:46 PM
A vicious internet rumor is claiming that the Big Brother 15 LIVE feeds will air online through CBS and not Real Superpass. The rumor has been picked up by several Big Brother fan sites on twitter. For now, this is still a rumor. There has been no confirmation by the folks over at Real or CBS. If this is true, this will be the first time since Big Brother 2 aired that the feeds were not broadcast through Real.

19wingz
04-03-2013, 07:53 PM
It seems this is actually going to be true. I was going to post this when I saw it. I wouldn't be surprised. I always wondered why CBS didn't take care of it - they could make lots of money

Mikey
04-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Do you think they will go the free route? As we saw with Canada, it does work. However, without that subscription based service that Real offers you run the risk of pirating. Which has been a major problem with the streaming being done in Canada. Not that I'm against that in any way, it's just fact. The other thing I would worry about, is quality. In my opinion, the Canadian feeds suck. I would hope that CBS could do something similar to what we're use to. This could also be a move to make money off of what Real was doing. If CBS can make extra cash by doing those same things, and having Jeff and Jordan or Brendan and Rachel sit in front of a camera and yak a few times a week, why wouldn't they?

Also, maybe they are going to try some of the interactive features that we saw with TGH. Something like that will probably be easier for them to control, if they are working with the feeds in house. Regardless, I think a lot of people will be upset. Especially if they have to pay and don't know what they're getting into with a new system. A free trial will definitely need to be offered if there is a cost attached!

19wingz
04-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Oh they will not do it for free. There is no way CBS will take on more work and not get financial compensation from us fools. What I wonder is will sites like ours be able to post a banner to promote sales through?

And I don't know if they're going to do interactive things with it. That's actually an interesting thought - maybe they will. But it definitely won't be free.

Mikey
04-03-2013, 08:30 PM
I do think free is a long shot, but it could happen. They'll get more site traffic, which will turn into advertising opportunities, which will turn into dollars when people decide to watch Under the Dome or that baking show this summer. What I am more curious about, is why the sudden switch? They've been with Real for 13 seasons, they were obviously doing something right.

I'd almost put money on TGH and BB Canada interactive element rip offs popping up in some form or another with this. They clearly see some kind of opportunity!

19wingz
04-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Oh ya, without a doubt. If TGH gave us anything, it's hope for a better BB15 season. I think they were starting BB earlier because they didn't know if TGh will be back this summer. I also think there will be interactive aspects now with TGH and whatever BB Canada is doing. Free is without a doubt a long shot. Free + traffic = piss poor feed quality.

Mikey
04-03-2013, 08:40 PM
That's another thing also. Servers! That's why Real worked so well. It was designed to handle so much traffic. If CBS goes with a browser based feed like Canada or TGH, consider it dead on an endurance night. It will be hell trying to watch! It will be like rush hour in LA.

19wingz
04-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Exactly. It's too popular to just do it the way those two shows do. I'm sure they have a plan. We'll just have to wait and see.

Mikey
04-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Should be interesting to watch play out! It seems like there is some hostility surrounding the whole thing. I've been following a few twitter conversations all night lol.

19wingz
04-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Ya, it seems like there is too, but who knows.

People will bitch yet no one knows what it'll entail. I just hope they have an affiliate program.

Mikey
04-04-2013, 03:18 PM
CONFIRMED: @BigBrotherLiveFeeds has confirmed that Superpass will not host the BB15 LIVE Feeds, and that CBS has taken over. They will keep their twitter account active. No word on if the site as a whole will shut down. But, It is assumed that that is the case. No word from CBS on the change as of yet. I doubt we will hear anything from them in regards to the situation until next month at the earliest.

19wingz
04-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Yep. I was coming to post that! Thanks Mikey sir!

Mikey
04-04-2013, 04:34 PM
You're welcome sir! I see that we are the only two who care about this issue. Lol

19wingz
04-04-2013, 04:40 PM
LMAO I know right. Whatever. No one else matters.

Mikey
04-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Yeah, we're the best! There's no denying that. Haha. This format change really makes me miss TGH though. Why can't it come back??? :(

19wingz
04-04-2013, 04:50 PM
I know. I kinda liked that damn show. I see why it isn't, but I'll miss it in a way. It was unique and awesome in its own way.

I do hope that CBS doesn't eff this up too much, but think about it ... they always controlled content. So...

Mikey
04-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Yeah, the only change will be the extra content. You got so much with a real subscription! That's what will be missed the most I think.

19wingz
04-04-2013, 04:56 PM
You mean extra content. The feeds content was always CBS.

Mikey
04-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Yeah! The feeds content was always them, just all their extra features and shows. Things like that.

Mikey
Oh, and all the extra downloads and things you got with the subscription.

19wingz
Personally I didn't watch them. I never had the time. I wonder if CBS will do away with flashback.

Mikey
04-04-2013, 05:08 PM
The shows and flashback are what I saw being tweeted around the most. I'm sure they will have some equivalent of it though.

TheKdd
04-04-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm sure the referral rates are about to take a dive too :(

19wingz
04-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Well if the damn cast was entertaining, the shows wouldn't be what people Tweet about.

And I hope not, TK.

Mikey
04-04-2013, 05:47 PM
:(

SassyGal
04-04-2013, 06:12 PM
sorry to hear that about Superpass!!

Mikey as for the BBCA feeds they really aren't that bad if you watch thru the viewer...you can pick i of 4 camera views....They are better than the TGH feed where you had no control!!

Mikey
04-04-2013, 06:16 PM
I only watched them on a link, and they were extremely choppy. But, it was a link, so that's probably why! :)

SassyGal
05-01-2013, 04:26 PM
So yesterday on The Talk Julie talked about BB needing more Hgs & not too late to apply since it is bigger than ever & will need more Hgs also she reminded that BB will be starting 2 weeks earlier this year!!

June 26th.............makes me wonder if Kristin moved up her vacation...LOL

19wingz
05-01-2013, 04:40 PM
And everyone has misconstrued that into meaning that we FOR SURE have more HGs than ever. LOL The BB rumor mill.

Sheldon
05-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Maybe they're doing a crossover with NBC and having "The Big(gest) Brother Loser" this season. They're taking LARGEST HOUSEGUESTS and BIGGEST SEASON to a new meaning. :D

TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs
05-28-2013, 05:20 PM
If the feeds on CBS are anything like The Glass House I am gonna be pissed. I could never get them to play

19wingz
05-28-2013, 06:47 PM
They better announce things soon!! We're less than a month away

PinkFreak
05-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Can't believer there's not more BB chatter yet?

19wingz
05-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Ya, it's a little weird. I haven't been hearing rumors or anything other than the all-new cast and the possibility that they're doing the "come in with a significant other" twist.

TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs
05-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Well After Dark is getting a new home too

CBS Tweet‏@CBSTweet43m
#BigBrother After Dark comes to @TVGN! Watch 2 hours of late-night footage from the house 7Days a week—Premieres Wed 6/26 Midnight/11c

Link to story on tvguide.com

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Big-Brother-After-Dark-1066125.aspx

So I wonder if they will be like Canada's After dark (meaning taped) I cant imagine Tvguide Network showing unscensored content.

PinkFreak
05-29-2013, 12:48 PM
Not that AD was all that exciting in the past few years??

TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs
05-29-2013, 12:53 PM
The reason I would be concerned about it being taped is because BBCA would often block feeds during the day so they could air the content on AD

PureEvel
05-29-2013, 01:07 PM
Not happy AT ALL about BBAD moving to TVGN. I just freaking got Showtime and was looking forward to BBAD...now I'm sure they will censor the hell out of the feeds or, like TAFKA just stated, block the feeds during the day to air the content on BBAD.

BTW...great to be back talking about BB again!! Can't wait for my summer obsession to begin. And to think, just a few weeks ago I was contemplating not getting the feeds, but as time draws nearer I think to myself "WTF was I thinking not getting the feeds???".

SassyGal
05-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Guess that on't be available to all since not all the cable/sat providers even off that channel!! now I can cancel the showtime channel!!

SassyGal
05-29-2013, 01:10 PM
Not happy AT ALL about BBAD moving to TVGN. I just freaking got Showtime and was looking forward to BBAD...now I'm sure they will censor the hell out of the feeds or, like TAFKA just stated, block the feeds during the day to air the content on BBAD.

BTW...great to be back talking about BB again!! Can't wait for my summer obsession to begin. And to think, just a few weeks ago I was contemplating not getting the feeds, but as time draws nearer I think to myself "WTF was I thinking not getting the feeds???".

did you get to see BBCA it was a good season!!

PureEvel
05-29-2013, 01:11 PM
did you get to see BBCA it was a good season!!

Yeah, I saw some of it, but working 2 jobs kinda got in the way, lol. I am changing my availability during the summer though...no way am I missing an episode this year like I did last year.

TheKdd
05-29-2013, 01:18 PM
What the hey is TVGN? I don't even think I get that channel. Is that the game show network?

SassyGal
05-29-2013, 01:37 PM
What the hey is TVGN? I don't even think I get that channel. Is that the game show network?

TV Guide Network..... I just checked I have it & I have just gotten rid of Showtime!!

Bigbrotherfan1977
05-29-2013, 01:53 PM
I checked and I have it too. Feel bad for the people that don't get the channel.

TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs
05-29-2013, 02:41 PM
TVGN tweeted this

TVGN‏@TVGN1h
@BBfanJB Just a reminder, since #BBAD will air in late night on @TVGN, the basic cable standards are more lenient. Hope you tune-in.

Wont matter much to me after july since I wont have any cable.

19wingz
05-29-2013, 03:01 PM
I didn't really watch BBAD but this is probably bad news. Oddly Showtime is run by CBS so I don't know why they prompted the move. But this means probably more censor?

SassyGal
05-29-2013, 03:57 PM
I didn't really watch BBAD but this is probably bad news. Oddly Showtime is run by CBS so I don't know why they prompted the move. But this means probably more censor?

Clearly the show is going for more control & they are putting out the same disclaimers that BBCA was using I think the big difference between them is that the BBCA cast was usually in bed by midnight EST but they were out of bed by 8 am!!

PureEvel
05-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Very cool!!! TVGN responded to me, lol...I feel so very special now...NOT

19wingz
05-29-2013, 07:23 PM
LMFAO What did they say to you?

PureEvel
05-29-2013, 07:28 PM
LMFAO What did they say to you?

TVGN ‏@TVGN 6h
@BBfanJB Just a reminder, since #BBAD will air in late night on @TVGN, the basic cable standards are more lenient. Hope you tune-in.

HAHAHA...we shall see...

19wingz
05-29-2013, 07:32 PM
Ohhhhh that one. I didn't put two and two together. LOLOL

TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs
05-29-2013, 07:53 PM
TVGN ‏@TVGN 6h

HAHAHA...we shall see...

Hey I posted that above! Saw that response to a few people

TheKdd
05-30-2013, 10:15 AM
I wonder if there is a TVGN Roku channel. I doubt it though since it's owned by CBS. We don't even have a Showtime to go channel (like HBO Go) yet.

19wingz
05-30-2013, 05:41 PM
CBS is a MAJOR pain in the ass.