View Full Version : CBS Big Brother "MVP", 3 HGs Nominated, New House Pics, America Votes and more!

Yak Nicholson
06-19-2013, 11:20 AM
CBS Big Brother, premiering June 26th, released a press release today detailing their new Summer twists, including America “Pre-Voting” for an MVP Houseguest and more information/pictures of the redesigned house. Keep reading to find out more.
“BIG BROTHER” INTRODUCES TWO NEW TWISTS FOR THIS SUMMER’S EDITION WHICH PREMIERES JUNE 26 ON CBS

For the First Time, Three Houseguests will Find Themselves

Nominated for Eviction

Viewers to Play an Influential Role in the Game of BIG BROTHER This Summer by Voting for the “Big Brother MVP”

BIG BROTHER Returns with a Stylish Mid-Century

Modern Chic Design and a New “Live Show” Set

CLICK HERE TO SEE JULIE'S CBS HOUSE TOUR AND PICTURES. (http://www.yakkityyaks.com/cbs-big-brother-mvp-3-hgs-nominated-new-house-pics-america-votes-and-more/)

BIG BROTHER will unleash two new twists into the stylish, redesigned house this summer that will influence the strategic landscape of the game when it premieres on Wednesday, June 26 (8:00-9:00PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Julie Chen is the host.

The first twist is a series’ first: instead of two Houseguests being nominated each week for eviction, as in past seasons, contestants will nominate three in this summer’s edition. This process will be further explained during the season premiere.

The second twist will allow BIG BROTHER viewers to play a crucial role in the game by casting votes for the Houseguest they feel is playing the best game. The Houseguest who receives the most votes will be anointed that week’s, “Big Brother MVP.” The full scope of the MVP’s secret power will be revealed during the season premiere.

America will start casting their votes for this season’s first “Big Brother MVP” before the Houseguests even enter the game, beginning with a pre-premiere vote starting Thursday, June 20, following CBS’ cast announcement of the new Houseguests. Fans can visit cbs.com/bbmvp to cast their vote.

“The Big Brother MVP will force the houseguests to rethink their strategies. With America rewarding good game play, it doesn’t pay to be a floater this summer,” said Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan, Executive Producers of BIG BROTHER.

This season, the Houseguests will enjoy a stylish BIG BROTHER house with mid-century modern chic décor. The living room features a stacked stone fireplace filled with concrete balls and LED lighting and an eight foot brass starburst; the redesigned kitchen sits below a giant gold world map; the plush, spa-like bathroom is lined with cedar wood; and the bedrooms include an architect’s studio vibe and a crayon-colored room featuring Los Angeles landmarks.

The Head of Household suite is entirely black and white, including an aquarium of Koi flown in from Asia to bring good fortune.

The mid-century style of the BIG BROTHER house continues on host Julie Chen’s newly remodeled set. The multi-story front of the house features a new high-gloss stage, a lighted runway and a massive 103 inch plasma screen, as well as several other screens, for Julie to monitor and communicate with the Houseguests.

Following the premiere on Wednesday, June 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), BIG BROTHER will be broadcast three nights weekly – Sundays (8:00 – 9:00 PM, ET/PT, beginning June 30), Tuesdays (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT, beginning July 2) and the LIVE eviction show hosted by Julie Chen will be broadcast on Wednesdays (8:00-9:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT, beginning July 3).

So what do you think? Do you like the idea of an “MVP”? How about 3 houseguests nominated? Let us know your thoughts below and don’t forget to come play along with the Houseguests in the Yak’s own Big Brother game starting soon! Applications are still open for a very limited time, so get yours in today! Come to the forum HERE (http://www.forum.yakkityyaks.com) to learn more.

Yellowdog
06-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Let's be honest, the only thing good about this show are the vicious arguments. i don't even care about the rules. They will be broken anyway.

CappieSux
06-19-2013, 12:23 PM
I love that "America rewards good gameplay..."

Right, America does that all the time and not the most likable HGs. As long as a floater is likable, it's very easy for them to become an MVP. Or if Allison has the hots for them.

Cast reveal tomorrow! I can't wait to get all my first impressions wrong.

This time last year I was thinking about what a sweet girl Danielle was and happy that she was nurse and not some "attention getter wannabe celebrity..."

MY BAD!

Sphinx
06-19-2013, 12:28 PM
3 HGs nominated? I'm guessing MVP can't be evicted.

CappieSux
06-19-2013, 12:30 PM
So safety for MVP and HoH?

I wonder what power the MvP will have?

TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs
06-19-2013, 12:49 PM
They better not be safe from eviction. Good lord the next Jeff would be immune all summer :(

Sphinx
06-19-2013, 12:55 PM
I mean, honestly, what power could it really be? A coup every week?

I don't foresee MVP lasting all season, seems like one of their gimmick twists.

Gabym82
06-19-2013, 01:06 PM
I don't like this MVP twist at all...it's too easy for the non live feed viewers to choose their favorite based on how Grodner chooses to edit him or her

Karadise
06-19-2013, 01:08 PM
As an American I like to "reward" the most backstabbing asshole playing the game! I predict the "powers" the MVP gets will be lame.

SassyGal
06-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Lol maybe get to name the 3rd up for eviction or are exempt from being a have not! Only other good thing for them would be if they are allowed to play POV & kept safe from block

CappieSux
06-19-2013, 02:30 PM
So at 3PM it seems the press embargo on the contestants are lifted...so in less then 24 hours we'll have our cast.

I guess they'll also be revealed on The Talk at 2pm.

Gabym82
06-19-2013, 02:55 PM
As an American I like to "reward" the most backstabbing asshole playing the game! I predict the "powers" the MVP gets will be lame.
Unless AG has the hots for that person...then the MVP will get a power similar to what Jeff got in BB11

CappieSux
06-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Unless AG has the hots for that person...then the MVP will get a power similar to what Jeff got in BB11

I doubt that...that would ruin the game if that's EVERY week.

Gabym82
06-19-2013, 03:14 PM
I doubt that...that would ruin the game if that's EVERY week.
That's why I'm betting it'll be a gimmick that won't last the whole season...similar to the duos twist and the coaches twist

Ldbright
06-19-2013, 03:28 PM
I don't mind this MVP thing as long as the power isn't too big. Also if it is every week, I hope America doesn't vote for the same person EVERY week! I don't think America should be saving or nominating someone every week. Maybe, a definit play in the veto, immunity from being a have-not and possibly some other "luxuries" that don't effect the game too much just make living there easier.

19wingz
06-19-2013, 03:44 PM
I think it will be lame powers for the MVP, as well. I wonder if they will have to choose a nominee that America votes for? I wonder if they will be told about the MVP but not know who it is? So many questions ... and yes, the problem with this is the casual viewer will get good edits of potentially bad/annoying people. I don't see this lasting more than 3-4 weeks like most of the twists they try.

I do, however, like them changing things like nominations up. The formula was too predictable with the types of people they always tend to cast.

CappieSux
06-19-2013, 04:27 PM
That's why I'm betting it'll be a gimmick that won't last the whole season...similar to the duos twist and the coaches twist

It doesn't work for anything but one week, so I definitely see the poor being more minor...I'm not even sure if it's safety from eviction...

Either way, I don't think it will be good...

PureEvel
06-19-2013, 04:31 PM
My thoughts on the "MVP" are simple...they can't be evicted. And I, for one, am happy to see it if that is the case. I have seen WAY TOO MANY of my early favorites evicted very early on and it sucks. Think back to the sock puppet gang...picked off one-by-one and we were stuck with shitty people after that. Those people were popular with the feed watchers and would have stayed.

19wingz
06-19-2013, 05:03 PM
OMG I loved the sock puppet crew.

CappieSux
06-19-2013, 05:25 PM
The sock puppet crew was so amazing and entertaining. It was a good diverse group, really funny...even had a bit of a little romantic plot(Brian and Angie...who was SOOOO HOT...Seriously, I want Angie to return back to All Stars even though she wasn't good at the game at all)..

Of course now I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Steven's sock puppet(considering where that hand has been..and maybe even been in...), but back then they were a great group.

19wingz
06-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Oh geez. Steven. Steer clear.

TheKdd
06-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Oh yeah, they were great. I would love to see Brian back on as well. He was funny!

therocprince
06-19-2013, 08:19 PM
I think the MVP will be nominating one person next to the HOH's 2 nominees. I think that's their power, as well as them being safe of course. I also hope that along with the HOH the MVP is not eligible to win the following week.

TheKdd
06-19-2013, 08:20 PM
YES! I was going to say that. Make it so the MVP can't just continually be the MVP.

19wingz
06-19-2013, 08:21 PM
If the MVP does nominate, then it has to be known who the MVP is. If they do stuff like America's Player, maybe the MVP will stay secret?

therocprince
06-19-2013, 08:30 PM
If the MVP does nominate, then it has to be known who the MVP is. If they do stuff like America's Player, maybe the MVP will stay secret?

I think the MVP will be known from the start. I see them announcing it to the Houseguest since that's the main twist they are promoting. I don't see how a secret MVP would work out each week, because the previous weeks winner would know about it.

19wingz
06-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Ya, true. I guess if it is changing, that makes sense. I didn't think about that. I'm sure they'll keep the 3 noms thing until noms actually happen.

therocprince
06-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Ya, true. I guess if it is changing, that makes sense. I didn't think about that. I'm sure they'll keep the 3 noms thing until noms actually happen.

but you know that "twists" usually last for like the first four weeks, and then they throw in another twist half way into the game when they don't like how the outcome is looking. LOL

19wingz
06-19-2013, 08:41 PM
Ya. I don't see the MVP lasting more than 3-4 weeks.

19wingz
06-19-2013, 09:52 PM
do you know what makes no sense to me? The media day videos are not released until Friday, but we get a cast tomorrow? I think that is stupid. I don't care about some journalist who has never heard of Big Brother playing after the cast is revealed....

TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs
06-21-2013, 09:26 AM
Julie tweeted a photo of her script telling the HG about the three nominees. Everything is blacked out with a marker except "floaters you better grab a life vest" If you lighten it you can see some of the words blacked out and it seems the HOH will nominate two people. Then in her script she says she wont tell them now who noms the third. But I think it is safe to say the MVP will make the 3rd nominee. At least they arent automaticly safe. But it could screw over a small alliance if the MVP isnt in their alliance

http://i.imgur.com/FmRl2SK.gif?1

CappieSux
06-21-2013, 09:43 AM
I'm sure they're safe if they are MVP, though it would be interesting if a nominee can choose who they want on the block against them, much more interesting then being safe IMO. So obviously AG will go the opposite, least interesting root to make sure Elissa stays in.

TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs
06-21-2013, 09:47 AM
I dont see them being safe but let's say the MVP is nomed by someone in a small alliance they can name a 3rd nom that the majority wants out. Someone who is aligned with the HOH

CappieSux
06-21-2013, 09:49 AM
I do think it will change the way things are played though...but my fear is it will change the behavior of people in the house...That they'll always try and be on their best behavior...

Gabym82
06-21-2013, 09:59 AM
I do think it will change the way things are played though...but my fear is it will change the behavior of people in the house...That they'll always try and be on their best behavior...
I hope not...the high drama is what makes the show fun to watch

Sheldon
06-21-2013, 10:15 AM
I doubt it will change that much. CBS will still edit the TV show to paint people in whatever light they feel. Everyone in that house will look like an angel and a devil at some point, so CBS will have the footage they need to sway the public however they need.

Only those of us who watch the Live Feeds and see how the HGs really act will know how their true feelings in the game. Are the people who vote on the CBS site more Live Feed viewers or just the TV show viewers? That will determine how that will play out this season.

Also, it goes back to us never knowing the outcome of the vote, so 25,000 people could vote for Jeremy to be MVP, but CBS gives it to Elissa because they want her to be safe/cause more drama. Either way, this is all under CBS' control.

19wingz
06-21-2013, 02:24 PM
I hate how I don't trust America's voting on this show but I feel like I don't think it is rigged on singing competitions. LOL Damn CBS.

That said, awesome find, Artist! Thank you for posting that. Now ... not only do we have the sister in the house, but we got her quote in the script on opening night. LOL Damn Rachel.

I do think this makes it interesting in the sense that the MVP likely makes his/her decision AFTER the HOH nominates people. So things could change depending on who gets nominated initially.

CappieSux
06-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Not sure I like that...it sort of makes the HoH a little less special...So I would say that MVP better not be safe...

I would really love to see what happens when an MvP is nominated. That would be REALLY interesting.

19wingz
06-21-2013, 03:46 PM
I also hope the MVP can use their power and stay anonymous. I don't like it if people know who it is each week because they are easily targets. Unless it's someone I don't like.

Word is they are moving in the house around 5pm BBT!!!

TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs
06-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Julie said in an interview the HG would not know who the MVP is

19wingz
06-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Good.

Knucklehead
06-21-2013, 10:37 PM
I wonder if this three nominee thing will change the Power of Veto at all. Maybe instead of there being a replacement nominee, the POV will just take one of the three nominees off and leave it at two.

CappieSux
06-21-2013, 11:29 PM
Seems likely but it makes the HoH so pointless....Leave it to Allison to ruin HoH too...

Knucklehead
06-22-2013, 12:37 AM
On the bright side, this might help stop people from thinking that winning HoH means they get to dictate everything that happens that week (like whether or not the veto gets to be used and who people vote for). I feel like every season, some of the houseguests feel like they need the HoH's permission to do anything.

19wingz
06-22-2013, 08:33 AM
hmmm, that's a good point, Knucklehead. I always hated that people always felt they needed HOH's permission. I do wonder if this will change it. But I have little hope since Allison always seems to take a possible idea to shit.

Gabym82
06-22-2013, 10:10 AM
hmmm, that's a good point, Knucklehead. I always hated that people always felt they needed HOH's permission. I do wonder if this will change it. But I have little hope since Allison always seems to take a possible idea to shit.
Or rig it for her pet contestants

aztekpm
06-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Perhaps the MVP gets a different power each week? Vote for the MVP, who this week gets an auto POV to be used if nominated and at the Veto ceremony (this could really throw an interesting wrench in noms); gets to name a replacement nominee should the POV get used ... or even if not!

Perhaps something not quite so game changing but gives a slight advantage; they can save themselves or another from being a HN, get a bye into the final round of a comp, etc.

With 3 nominees, it does give many options and while they could still have game changing implications, still not necessarily take away the full power of the HOH.

Hell, I dunno, the powers to be and I don't think alike at all, but if the MVP 'power' was the same each week, they can start to anticipate who might win and ways to circumvent whatever the 'power' might be. Mix it up and they're always guessing.

19wingz
06-22-2013, 10:57 AM
I agree with you. They need to change the power up week to week ... but then somehow we'd have to know. And I don't know if AG wants us to know. I have a sneaking suspicion that if the power changes week to week, it'll change BASED on who gets it.

requiem
06-22-2013, 11:18 AM
So positive. Why watch a show you think is rigged or set up...You can bitch about Allison, but it keeps you watching and keeps you talking.

Ill save judgement till I actually see everything and know what's going on.

aztekpm
06-22-2013, 11:22 AM
I agree with you. They need to change the power up week to week ... but then somehow we'd have to know. And I don't know if AG wants us to know. I have a sneaking suspicion that if the power changes week to week, it'll change BASED on who gets it.

Yep, which is my fear even if we know the 'power' ahead of time. Like many have mentioned, we truly don't know the outcome of the votes, so can they chose who they like at the end of the day? If not, the way they edit isn't always a true representative of the person or their 'group' which could sways the TV audience into voting the way the producers want.

CappieSux
06-22-2013, 11:24 AM
So positive. Why watch a show you think is rigged or set up...You can bitch about Allison, but it keeps you watching and keeps you talking.

Why do you care how we react? This is all part of the BB forum experiences...the bitching, the rush to judge, the pessimism...And we all have good reason. It isn't like we haven't been bitten before.

But we love the show either way, because no matter how frustrating it is, we're still unable to stop watching(more often than not because it's like a train wreck).

requiem
06-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Why do you care how we react? This is all part of the BB forum experiences...the bitching, the rush to judge, the pessimism...And we all have good reason. It isn't like we haven't been bitten before.

But we love the show either way, because no matter how frustrating it is, we're still unable to stop watching(more often than not because it's like a train wreck).

it was a question...not a starting point for you to throw attitude and groan posts. Heaven forbid someone asks a question. Ill stay out of here Cappie. Thanks for being a bitch about it.

requiem
06-22-2013, 12:14 PM
And thanks for the heads up on how Big Brother works Cappie. I had no clue.

CappieSux
06-22-2013, 12:37 PM
it was a question...not a starting point for you to throw attitude and groan posts. Heaven forbid someone asks a question. Ill stay out of here Cappie. Thanks for being a bitch about it.

You're welcome on both counts! :D

PS: Telling people they're bitching and asking them why they're watching a show they complain about, can be misconstrued as "attitude" too.

requiem
06-22-2013, 12:40 PM
You must originally be from the BBQ? Doesn't like other opinions and gets ignorant quick...Perhaps this is Ternia?

Seriously though, everyone has an opinion, sorry if not everyone is on board with yours. And seriously, lighten up. Being a bitch can't be fun everyday.

Gabym82
06-22-2013, 12:43 PM
You must originally be from the BBQ? Doesn't like other opinions and gets ignorant quick...Perhaps this is Ternia?

Seriously though, everyone has an opinion, sorry if not everyone is on board with yours. And seriously, lighten up. Being a bitch can't be fun everyday.
You need to lighten up and realize that coming on a BB board and bashing the show is just asking for someone to come after you.

requiem
06-22-2013, 12:47 PM
You need to lighten up and realize that coming on a BB board and bashing the show is just asking for someone to come after you.

I wasn't bashing the show which you would have realized had you perhaps read what I wrote instead of getting all bent out of shape about it! I was asking a question about why hate on something then watch it. It wasn't to start a fight or to get Cappie's panties all twisted. It was a question, from a fan, to other fans...I am pretty easy to get along with, but when you and Cappie get all ignorant the second someone asks a question it I'm sure scares off people like me that don't use the site for big brother.

I was light...you two just seemed to suck the fun out of it and got me worked up.

CappieSux
06-22-2013, 01:25 PM
Reqiuim you are losing all ground in your arguments with your constant personal attacks. First of, I am from BBQ...just like most other people on here. And no, I'm not Ternia...I'm CappieSux in both places :). Why change what works?

You might be acting like the victim(even though all I did was ask why you cared how we reacted...and then gave reasons for why we do what we do with BB...while you
1) Called me a Bitch, 2) Accused me of getting my "panties in a twist" 3) Called me ignorant.

I never once called out your opinion. I'm glad you're staying positive. That's good approach. What I called out what was a post, that if you read it, comes across as you attacking OUR opinions.

Saying "so positive" comes off as a snide remark.

Questioning why we even watch the show comes across as not only snide but rude and dismissive.

Using the word "bitch" sounds hostile.

Again, maybe you didn't mean for it too, but hey, this is the internet. Infliction is lost, and all you have is your words(which, in all the posts that have followed, have also be offensive! Woo!)

Never once did I say "You are wrong!", I asked why you cared about what we thought, because you came across as incredibly rude in your post. Even if you didn't intend it, the words you used and the way you used made it sound so.

The rudest thing I did to you was groan your post. Yet you've been incredibly immature and defensive with a "poor me" attitude, when all I did was ask YOU a question(while also answering yours by explaining WHY we watch when we bitch).

Sheldon
06-22-2013, 02:29 PM
So.....

How about that MVP, eh?

requiem
06-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Reqiuim you are losing all ground in your arguments with your constant personal attacks. First of, I am from BBQ...just like most other people on here. And no, I'm not Ternia...I'm CappieSux in both places :). Why change what works?

You might be acting like the victim(even though all I did was ask why you cared how we reacted...and then gave reasons for why we do what we do with BB...while you
1) Called me a Bitch, 2) Accused me of getting my "panties in a twist" 3) Called me ignorant.

I never once called out your opinion. I'm glad you're staying positive. That's good approach. What I called out what was a post, that if you read it, comes across as you attacking OUR opinions.

Saying "so positive" comes off as a snide remark.

Questioning why we even watch the show comes across as not only snide but rude and dismissive.

Using the word "bitch" sounds hostile.

Again, maybe you didn't mean for it too, but hey, this is the internet. Infliction is lost, and all you have is your words(which, in all the posts that have followed, have also be offensive! Woo!)

Never once did I say "You are wrong!", I asked why you cared about what we thought, because you came across as incredibly rude in your post. Even if you didn't intend it, the words you used and the way you used made it sound so.

The rudest thing I did to you was groan your post. Yet you've been incredibly immature and defensive with a "poor me" attitude, when all I did was ask YOU a question(while also answering yours by explaining WHY we watch when we bitch).

Yeah...you seem great at twisting words. Not going to play that game. I didn't come here to fight and when I explain my shit, you groan more and twist more. Enjoy.

Enjoy the season folks. Looks like it will be fun.

19wingz
06-22-2013, 03:25 PM

No, you have a point. I agree. I love to bitch but I love to watch. HOWEVER, I have grown more and more frustrated with the show in recent seasons and mostly keep watching to stay here, talk with you fools and have something other than life to bitch about. LOL

I just have to realize this game is no longer a social experiment. It's a TV show.

19wingz
06-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Also, Big Brother Forum Style is definitely in the air. It's officially summer! LOLOL

PS - sometimes groans are good. #NoMoJoe

requiem
06-22-2013, 03:37 PM
You are so right Joe! Some groans are awesome :) haha. #SOMOJOE

I just kinda wanted to get into the pre game fun on Big Brother which is new for me. I love to get in Survivor's grill and pick it apart...That said, Big Brother fans are obviously way more hardcore! Love it! Love the passion!

Looking forward to a fun season with you all...even you Cappie! I love me some reality passion!

CappieSux
06-22-2013, 04:57 PM
No, you have a point. I agree. I love to bitch but I love to watch. HOWEVER, I have grown more and more frustrated with the show in recent seasons and mostly keep watching to stay here, talk with you fools and have something other than life to bitch about. LOL

I just have to realize this game is no longer a social experiment. It's a TV show.

Too true. I brought that up in another thread...saying it would be interesting if this and this was in the house because isn't it supposed to be a social experiment. TK(or was it you...I just remember red font name :p) pointed out it was not a social experiment anymore.

Which is okay...I'm ready for some gameplay :)

Ldbright
06-22-2013, 04:57 PM
Don't be afraid of us! COME JOIN IN THE PRESEASON FUN!!! :D

Goldie
06-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Wondering if that Vote for the Worst website that kept Sanjiya on Idol many years ago still exists? If so they could have a lot of fun with this MVP vote.

Sheldon
06-24-2013, 11:38 AM
That would be a great way for them to get some post-season use of that Idol site. It's not like they're doing much with it anyway. :)

aztekpm
06-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Pretty sure I read somewhere that Vote for the Worst shut down.

Wonder if they might pull the audience in for a 'save" for a nominee, like Canadian BB???