View Full Version : Helen Kim

PinkFreak
06-20-2013, 12:17 PM
http://wwwimage.cbsstatic.com/base/files/styles/136x170/public/cast/helencastphoto.jpg

Name: Helen Kim

Hometown: Falls Church, Va.

Living: Chicago, Ill.

Marital Status: Married Mom

Three adjectives that describe you: Stubborn, loyal and energetic.

Favorite Activities: I love taking my kids to do anything: zoo, museums, swimming, soccer lessons, etc. Because I’m an only child and my parents are older than the parents of my friends, I always wanted to have a family so I would not feel alone. Activities without my kids include running, knitting and reading.

What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the “Big Brother” house? Being away from my family. While I love my husband dearly, I have never been away from my kids longer than one week.

Strategy for winning “Big Brother”: My strategy is to throw HOH in the beginning and have the strongest players vote each other out. However, I would try to win POV. It is always good to gain favors from people. As the strong players start to vote each other off, I would then do my best to win the HOHs.

Which past “Big Brother” cast member did you like most or least? I like Jeff the most because he is down to earth and always was the least annoying. I like drama queen Rachel the least. I had a hard time watching her whine week to week. She has serious issues.

What are you afraid of? I’m afraid of blood, which is why I could never have been a doctor. I’m also afraid of bugs.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Leaving my family and moving to Chicago was a huge accomplishment for me. I am from the East Coast and the Midwest is very different. I felt guilty leaving my parents since I was an only child. I remember the day I drove away, my father started crying (the first time I ever saw him cry). I left all my family, friends and job for my husband. It was scary, but I am so glad I did it. I am so happy.

Finish this sentence: My life’s motto is… You can live without it. It seems all good things and lost loves, you never really give them up, you just learn to live without it/them.

What would you take into the house and why? My ipad – it has pictures and videos of my kids, my kindle for reading and knitting yarn & needles.

What would you do if “Big Brother” made you famous? I would love to bring attention to infectious diseases like MRSA. There is not enough media coverage and public awareness about hospital infections, and we all should be educated and warned.

Helen Kim - Big Brother 15 Houseguest - YouTube

Ldbright
06-20-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm TORN! I kind of like her attitude and she seems she could play the strategic game VERY well, but I don't know if she is going to be aggressive enough. I am definitely on the fence with her at the moment!

CappieSux
06-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Well she knows the game!

She's 37 though and a mom, she's going to get Jodied...This cast is too young and they won't want her around. I think her and Elissa will bond and I can see her getting along with the girls but the meatheads will want her out first because guys like Jeremy aren't in the house to just play the game.

I like her though...Another fan of the game, she's smart by deciding to not go for HoHs but PoVs...so she has a good strategy. And I think it's okay if she isn't aggressive. That's the one thing you don't want to be in the beginning.

obxkali
06-20-2013, 01:00 PM
She flips her hair around too much and the political hand movements send me through the roof. Other than that I like her. She seems very smart.

One thumb and a pinkie up.

PinkFreak
06-20-2013, 02:05 PM
I like her... she seems spunky enough to make moves, but could have a quiet side where she could blend in if needed??

Cathy
06-20-2013, 02:08 PM
I like her...she does have a good strategy and obviously is a fan

Gabym82
06-20-2013, 03:24 PM
I'm torn as to how well she's going to do. She'll definitely have one of the best mental games in the house, but I don't see her as someone who is going to be flexible enough to jump ship when it's clear that her alliance is in trouble, and that could be her downfall

19wingz
06-20-2013, 06:19 PM
I don't like that she's the oldest at 37. I agree - she'll get Jodi'd, sadly.

PinkFreak
06-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Just watched the above vid, and my 1st thought was she might be in jeopardy of be Jodi'd (love that we now have a new BB term, Jodi'd), but I would like to see her stick around... She got some strategy & she'd almost be willing to shave her head (she says that now anyway) so that's commitment!!

19wingz
06-20-2013, 08:28 PM
I really like her a lot. I don't agree that anyone can get on the show because she's on. There are ulterior motives to casting, unfortunately.

But I like her. I wanna see how she plays this.

CappieSux
06-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Isn't it a little sad that the oldest person in the house is 37 now haha....

19wingz
06-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Yes, very.

TheKdd
06-21-2013, 10:41 PM
I think her and Elissa will bond

I can't see that happening, considering her least favorite houseguest was Rachel.

She could be interesting if she doesn't get booted quick, but yeah, she does flip her hair a lot.

Mystycl
06-22-2013, 08:11 PM
:love:

sirbailes
07-21-2013, 08:22 PM
I am shocked with how wrong I was about this lady. I assumed floater from the start, but wow, what a sleeper. Helen is playing the best game I've seen in a long while.

Mystycl
07-21-2013, 09:51 PM
welcome.....

and she is just a little too cocky for my taste... but she is playing very well.