View Full Version : Big Brother 15 Fantasy game... with a twist!

PinkFreak
06-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Big Brother 15 Fantasy Game with a twist!!

We'd like to introduce you to a new game brought to you exclusively from Yakkity Yaks! It's never been played before, at least with a twist!! You won't find it anywhere else, and if you do... we've got a snake among us!!!

Please read carefully, and make sure you understand the rules & how this game is going to be played. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here BEFORE you make your picks, because once you make your picks, it's final. There will be no take backs! You can also PM me any questions :) So here we go....

There is a lot of information here to follow, so I will first summarize a little. I wanted to be detailed since this will be the 1st time playing this game. If anyone played the Fantasy Big Brother game on CBS.com years ago, some of this might be more familiar... except for the twist part.

Summary:

Each week you will post 3 HG names to make up your Fantasy Team.
Along with the 3 names, you will include a number of your choosing, between 1 and however many HG's are left in the house.

I should see a post from you like: Aaryn, Jessie, Spencer - #9.

Your Fantasy Team will only last 1 week, and will be used to score the week for the 1st part of the game. You will score points for certain events that normally happen in a BB week, like HOH, POV, MVP, and lose points for things like being nominated, being a have not, being evicted. See below for the full list & point values. In addition to the normal house events, if they are shown in a TV episode doing certain events, you will be able to earn or lose bonus points. See below for this list & point values. Your Fantasy Team will only receive these points once per episode per event.

Here is the "with a twist" part: I will use the number you choose to find your bonus player. I will generate a new random list of all HG's each week, which will assign each HG a random number. Your bonus player will earn you bonus points for random events, but unlike your Fantasy Team, they can not lose you points, even for something that normally would be a deduction. The events worth bonus points will also be random, see below for the list & point values.

Add the 2 together for his weekly score, and then we do it all over again the following week, with a new Fantasy team & new bonus player.

DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS:

Each member will pick 3 current HGs to be their Fantasy Team for the week that they feel will score the most points in that week according to the following criteria: (This list is subject to change, according to twists or things we are not aware of at this time. If the list does change, you will be notified before picking the next weeks Fantasy Team HGs)

Weekly scheduled events:

Wins HOH........................................+50
Gets evicted......................................-40
Gets MVP.........................................+30
Is Nomd (original nomination only)....-25
Wins POV.........................................+25
Nom'd by MPV................................-20
Removed from block......................+20
Is Nomd as a replacement nominee....-15
Gets picked to play POV....................+15
Is a "Have Not".................................-10
Is a "Have".....................................+10

EDIT: I added 2 more categories, I totally forgot about the 3rd nominee so I added that as "Nom'd by MPV" with a -20 deduction, and since I've tried to keep it as even as possible, I added "Removed from block" as a +20 addition, to keep it balanced.

In addition, the following events seen on the TV episodes only will get scored on these items below, each item is worth either 5 points added or deducted from your weekly totals. These points will only be awarded once per episode (3 episode per week, normally). It doesnt matter how many times the HGs do these activities; they can only be awarded/deducted for the activity once per episode. All your HGs on your Fantasy Team for that week will be judged separately, so all 3 of your HGs could take a penalty if all 3 get bleeped in a single episode. The following episode starts new with these events, so they can again take a penalty for the same event as the prior episode.

Drinks alcohol..............................+5
Talks to the camera privately........+5
Dances........................................+5
Is censored (bleeped or blurred).....-5
Cooks or cleans.............................-5
Cries on camera............................-5

At the end of the week, points will be added to your score & then members can then pick new HG(s) for the next week (not required). If you dont specify new HGs for your Fantasy Team for the new week by that Tuesday, 11PM PST (2AM EST) the day prior to the live show, your previous weeks HGs will carry forward. I made it 11PM PST so that the west coast members will have time to watch the Tuesday show & have an hour to think about who they want for their Fantasy Team. I will try to post reminders in the chat box on the front page of the forum, but it is ultimately your responsibility to update your Fantasy Team. If one of your Fantasy Team HG was evicted & you didnt update your team, you will only get scored on the 2 remaining HGs on your team for that week.

In addition to picking your weekly Fantasy Team HGs, you will include a random # of your choosing, between 1 & how many HGs are left (if its down to final 8, you will pick a number between 1 thru 8), this will be your bonus player for the week, for a chance to get bonus points. Each week, I will put the remaining HGs names into random.org giving them a # that corresponds with their name. (see example below, this list will change each week and I will post it in the thread for you to see, after your numbers have been chosen)

http://i40.tinypic.com/x6g4x.png

For example, if you picked #5 as your random #, your bonus player would be GinaMarie. You cannot change your number at any time during the week, even if you dont like that particular HG or end up with someone who is already on your Fantasy Team. Each week you can choose to keep the same #, or choose a new #... keep in mind that keeping your old number will not ensure you will get the same random HG for your bonus player for the next week, because the list of remaining HG will be randomized again.

The bonus points will be determined again by random.org. I will enter the weekly scheduled events into random.org and the 1st 3 events will be what your bonus points are based from. From the example list below (not all of the events are in this example, but they will be once the game starts), the bonus events & points will be as follows:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2j2chlf.png

Bonus Point List:

Is on Have Not team................+15 (#1 on random.org list will always be +15)
Gets MVP................................+10 (#2 on random.org list will always be +10)
Gets picked to play POV............+5 (#3 on random.org list will always be +5)

Only your bonus player will be eligible to receive these bonus points. This list will also change each week and as you can see, even normally bad things like being a have not will still get bonus points, not deductions.

At the end of each week, your bonus points, if any, will be added to your Fantasy Team point total giving you a grand total of the week. I will keep an accumulative spreadsheet of all your points each week & post them at the end of each thread before closing it, and also list it at the beginning of the new thread for the new week.

IMPORTANT: Your Fantasy Team will consist of 3 players until the final 12, at that time you will only pick 2 Fantasy Team members. At Final 6, you will then only pick 1 Fantasy Team member until the finale, and on the last week, you will pick who you think will win the game, and we will have a special point system to be announced at a later date. You will keep choosing a random # for bonus points each week until final 3. Its still to be determined if there will be bonus points at final 3.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind, this all looks good on paper & in my head... so if there are any issues you see or have a suggestion, please feel free to speak freely.

Your picks for this week are due by Tues. 9pm PST (12am EST). If you don't join now, you can always join in the game at anytime!! I hope I can make this fun... and not confuse you or scare you all off with so many details.

SassyGal
06-23-2013, 09:48 PM
Are you going to use this thread for questions and post a weekly pick thread?

PinkFreak
06-23-2013, 09:55 PM
Yes, I'll post a copy of this in a separate thread where I'll also update high scores each week, kinda like the prediction game.

You can ask any question & post your weekly picks in this thread. :)

SassyGal
06-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Week 1

Spencer, Helen, Amanda

Knucklehead
06-23-2013, 10:23 PM
This looks like fun! :Yay:

Week 1

Elissa, Jeremy, Nick, #11

TheKdd
06-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Week 1

Judd, Amanda, Elissa

Darth Sethius
06-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Week 1

HG#1 Nick
HG#2 Andy
HG#3 Kaitlin

Bonus# 4

BigBrotherFly
06-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Week 1:

Candice, Judd, Amanda

Bonus, #7

PinkFreak
06-24-2013, 11:23 AM
Thanks everyone!! Just for future reference, I will like your post once I've recorded your picks, that way you know I've got you down :)

Gabym82
06-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Candice, McCrae, Andy #14

requiem
06-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Andy, Spencer, Helen.

Sphinx
06-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Elissa, Nick, Jeremy.

Bonus: 5

TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs
06-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Howard, Alissa, Judd #11

PinkFreak
06-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Suppose I should get my picks in too!!! lol...

Amanda, Judd, Elissa - #8

19wingz
06-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Cannot wait!!!

Alright, my pics

Amanda, Nick, Elissa.

#1 - Bonus

Mikey
06-24-2013, 04:20 PM
Week 1 - Andy, Kaitlin, McCrae #1

Bigbrotherfan1977
06-24-2013, 04:46 PM
Andy, Amanda, Elissa # 1

Ldbright
06-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Elissa, Andy, Nick - #6

Week 1! :)

therocprince
06-25-2013, 07:12 AM
Week 1
Elissa, Nick, Kaitlin #2

jennyb
06-25-2013, 09:11 AM
Week #1

Amanda, Howard and McCrae

Cathy
06-25-2013, 09:30 AM
Helen, Judd, McRae #4

PinkFreak
06-26-2013, 12:09 AM
Week one picks are now closed...

I've attached a spreadsheet of your Week 1 pick, so take a look & verify I got you down right if you want...
I'll be posting the random player list tomorrow, along with the random event list before tomorrows show :) Good luck!!

http://i43.tinypic.com/wu2c6b.png

Goldie
06-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Spencer, Helen, Nick - #5

PinkFreak
06-26-2013, 11:02 AM
In honor of our new member Goldie & his late submission... I will leave this open until 3pm PST (6pm EST) for any other latecomers!!

See, we at The Yak are nice like that!! :)

requiem
06-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Any late entrees involving a bearded ginger should always be givin the love they deserve!

PinkFreak
06-28-2013, 12:29 AM
FYI - I edited the points as follows:

Nom'd by MPV................................-20
Removed from block......................+20

EDIT: I added 2 more categories, I totally forgot about the 3rd nominee so I added that as "Nom'd by MPV" with a -20 deduction, and since I've tried to keep it as even as possible, I added "Removed from block" as a +20 addition, to keep it balanced.

I wasn't thinking about the 3rd nominee & when I was updating my spreadsheet, I realized it should be added.