View Full Version : What the H*ll is with these BB Women?

TheKdd
06-30-2013, 11:35 AM
I mean... OMG seriously? When we first turn on the feeds, we see this possessive crap going on with these girls (namely Jessie, Aaryn and Kaitlin) like they have been boyfriend/girlfriend for years... yelling at their perspective dudes they have known for a whopping 6 whole days for looking or talking to another woman?

Then of course there is the racist crap coming out of their mouths. I know Spencer was caught with a racist remark as well but I don't have that with me... but I do have this crap:

Kait: "Howard/Candice are going to be on the same team." Gina: "Well yeah because Blacks stick together. They're tokens." Kait: "They're like black Barbie & Ken." Aaryn: "Yeah, except they're not."

Gina/Kait/Aaryn thinks Candice has a huge ego now that she's off the block. Gina says her blackness is coming out.

Aaryn about Helen: "Dude, shut up. Go make some rice."

GinaMarie tells Nick she doesn’t like the way Jess looks at him. She then says that Jess told her that she saw Nick’s d*ck through his shorts and it was 7 inches long. She doesn’t get why Jess would say that to her. GM" I just think she’s going to stir up trouble”. GinaMarie tells Nick that she isn’t jealous but she doesn’t want anyone coming between them.Most if not all of these people were recruits for the show (which any BB fan just LOVES oh so much already)... We can't get better than this? All the people that love this show and tried out, and we can't get better than THIS?

How disappointing. We wait all year for this show to come on and they give us not just regular folk like we want, but recruited immature racists. Thanks BB.

Now I know we usually have one in the bunch, but this is ridiculous.

Shiny Beige
06-30-2013, 11:41 AM
I noticed the same thing. Then I checked the guide to see if this was "Punk'd" or "Big Brother - Junior High." These little girls (I can't call them women with a straight face) are AG's choice for our entertainment. And, as you said, the thousands of dedicated fans who would play their hearts out for a chance to be on the show and we get this?

I'm usually disappointed in AG and her choices, but this is a new low.

Ldbright
06-30-2013, 11:49 AM
I think I may have to support a guy this season... this shall be a first.

PinkFreak
06-30-2013, 11:50 AM
AMEN SISTA!!

I'm quite surprised myself... I mean literally surprised!! They are all so self-centered... and the one I expected to be the worse is the exact opposite! GM has a mouth worse than a sailor, and think she's the worst when it comes to racist stereotyping/profiling... but the rest aren't far behind her :/

19wingz
06-30-2013, 11:58 AM
I don't mind the swearing. I think that comes with the territory. But the other things that these girls have said are unbelievable.

And people gave Shelly hell for what she did with Jeff & Jordan. At least she wasn't making racist comments up the wazoo and thinking nothing of it.

Here is an open letter from Ragan that I think is interesting.

I just read Andrea Reiher’s Zap2It article in which she documents racism, misogyny, and homophobia that’s already emerged in the Big Brother 15 house. Feed watchers have watched Spencer call women “c#nts” and spit the word “fag” in Andy’s face. Similarly, Aaryn complained that Andy would most likely get next week’s MVP because “people love the queers.” Aaryn’s also demanded Candice, an African American woman, say “asked, not axed” and suggested Helen, the season’s sole Asian American houseguest, should “go make some rice.” GinaMarie also wondered if they could make Helen’s eyes straight. And this is only WEEK 1! Imagine what will happen when they forget about the cameras.

Houseguests GinaMarie, Aaryn, and Kaitlin refereed to historically marginalized players as “tokens.” Sadly, they aren’t too far off in their assessment. Characters like Andy, Candice, Howard, and Helen are reduced to mere tokens when production fails to include micro-aggressions that they have to endure on a day-to-day basis. What’s the point of casting racial, ethnic, and sexual minorities if production’s going to edit out the racism, ethnic discrimination, and homophobia that these people encounter inside the house? Moreover, why do historically marginalized players have the exclusive burden of narrating past acts of racial, ethnic, and sexual brutalization when we see this sort of discrimination enacted INSIDE THE HOUSE?

Big Brother, I LOVE you, but, if you really want to provide a groundbreaking twist, SHOW CBS VIEWERS HOW SOME STRAIGHT, WHITE PEOPLE talk about gays, Asian Americans, and African Americans. Capitalize on the Paula Deen controversy! Hate speech is currently a hot topic in the United States. It would be irresponsible to punt on this issue. What makes Aaryn’s homophobia and racism especially insidious is that it comes packaged in a bright-eyed, pageant-like exterior. I mean, how can somebody so sweet looking spew so much venom? Viewers would have to SEE it to BELIEVE it.

Let’s hope the series’ “expect the unexpected” refrain holds true.

Sincerely,

Ragan

SOURCE (http://raganfox.wordpress.com/2013/06/30/an-open-letter-to-big-brothers-production-team/)

TheKdd
06-30-2013, 12:16 PM
I agree with him, it should be showed. I mean, they did show when Erika made her racist comment, and I think they showed when Amber said something about jews? I don't see why they can't show this stuff? If it's said in the house, then it should be aired.

I don't mind the foul language, and quite frankly, Spencers use of "C*nt" falls under that category to me. Now saying fag straight to Andy, in my opinion, should be Andy's responsibility to say something right there and then (not that he should have to, but he should.) It shows ignorance on Spencers part. I have more of a problem with these pretty little white girls saying this crap behind the backs of others... It shows racism, immaturity, hatefulness, cowardice, and if they can't say it in front of their faces, then it's definitely more than just ignorance.

I expect them soon to don some white sheets during the nomination ceremony when they try and get all the diversity out of the house.

19wingz
06-30-2013, 12:22 PM
I totally agree.

If Spencer said it to Andy's face, he can speak up if he feels the need to. It's still wrong, but it isn't behind the back where ignorance seems to shine at its brightest.

I agree with Ragan, too, but I don't want BB capitalizing on the Paula Deen shit either. I think they need to do something about this, but I'm not quite sure what. I'm sure Aaryn will be portrayed as Southern Belle tonight since they haven't had time to edit it all in tonight, but I expect this to be handled somehow by next week. Otherwise shit will hit the fan in the fan world. I hope.

Goldie
06-30-2013, 12:33 PM
I haven't watched more than 10 minutes of feeds thus far, but it really seems like this cast is going to rival S9 as most repulsive. We've had 2 cases of sex in under a week, and tons of insane comments. I can already tell I loathe Jeremy and if he stays long may border upon Ronnie hate.

CR
06-30-2013, 12:54 PM
Has there ever been a HG that didn't say something that offended someone, somewhere?

CappieSux
06-30-2013, 12:55 PM
They really can't give Aaryn the southern belle edit. This is the internet age, this stuff will leak. Wingz is right. Shit will hit the fan and to show someone as vile as Aaryn as a sweet southern belle...to give her the hero edit...it's not cool and it's not right. Same with Kaitlin, GinaMarie, Jessie or Spencer.

Spencer hasn't just referred to the women as c-words and Andy as the f-word...but he's made disparaging racial remarks as well.

They should show this.

I wonder what Howard, Candice, or Helen would do if they heard this stuff. They aren't as spineless as Andy is..Candice works with civil rights, Howard is a youth mentor and Helen is a smart and educated woman. Heck I can see even Elissa getting riled up about it.

@CR: Never but there is a difference between saying something inappropriate and saying something like these girls and Spencer are saying.

19wingz
06-30-2013, 01:07 PM
For drama purposes, I want to see what Candice and Howard think when they hear. But for their sanity sake, I do not want them to know they are living with such bigots.

And CR - just like Cappie said. Of course things people say are inappropriate. That's not the issue. The issue is actual racial things. Just further proving racism isn't gone in America. And I bet you Aaryn is one of the first few to argue that one.

TheKdd
06-30-2013, 01:14 PM
Has there ever been a HG that didn't say something that offended someone, somewhere?

No, but in general not on as big of a scale. Adam said something about "retards" and that got some people mad. Others have said "That's so gay" and it got some people mad. We haven't had a case where someone, repeatedly over and over and over is this racist, and has a group of them agreeing, laughing, backing them up and joining in. This current is on a higher scale than we have seen in the house previously. Maybe the others were better at hiding it, or made one remark that pissed people off... but this is over and over and over and over.

Goldie
06-30-2013, 01:42 PM

Jodi?

Goldie
06-30-2013, 01:44 PM
You know what's funny? They are all making these broad generalizations, but there are 4 white girls in the house I have no chance of telling apart.

19wingz
06-30-2013, 01:51 PM
LMAO Amen.

Yellowdog
06-30-2013, 02:24 PM
I haven't watched a second of it or read anything about it. I'm wondering if I'm over it. I will watch the CBS show tonight to see if I can drum up any interest.

Mystycl
06-30-2013, 06:05 PM
just unreal!!!!

i agree, equal to bb9

CappieSux
06-30-2013, 06:07 PM
There are likable people in the house though(Howard, Helen, Elissa, Nick, McCree, Judd, Andy...Amanda is a hoot, not the most likable but fun to watch) But them the other half the house is sooo deplorable they're overshadowing the others.

And those 8 are also the loudest, the ones who are always on the feeds and the ones who talk the most.

Mystycl
06-30-2013, 07:06 PM
mcrae, howard, and andy, right now, are it for me....
but its still way early :)

19wingz
07-01-2013, 04:51 PM
And Aaryn is front page on the Dallas News in an article summarizing what we've already talked about here.

grandmamichelf
07-01-2013, 06:42 PM
LOL, okay one of the responses was something about her being from San Angelo and what would you expect from someone named Aryan.....LOL!

There are quite a few comments after the article saying they are embarrassed. Seriously, I wonder what her parents think. Or maybe they think their baby is doing just fine and representing them quite well.

As much as I despise all the bigotry spewing from their mouths, I really worry about them when they get out. Look what happened to Shelley. You'd think they'd learn something but I don't think they care. Don't know why I do but hopefully the consequences they face from their racism will make them change their tunes. Probably not though!

grandmamichelf
07-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Even the huffington post is running an article along with a video of them saying those things. Oh boy!

Yellowdog
07-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Entertainment Weekly now has their own channel on SiriusXM and they spent a lot of time today saying that CBS should show all of these bad things. So there is definitely a lot of talk about it.

19wingz
07-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Ya, there is definitely chatter. CBS has got to do something about this. I bet they are just trying to figure out exactly what to do.

I know they got a yelling in the house, if I'm not mistaken, right?

And Grandma - what's sad is look at what Shelly got after just messing with Jeff & Jordan. I can only imagine what will happen to her/them after they leave the house with something way more serious and legit like the shit they are saying.

Kristin
07-01-2013, 09:01 PM
I've tried to watch the feeds and BBAD, but I can't seem to get interested in it at all. There are too many people in the house and most of them are in the same age group, so for me, that isn't much fun. My kids aren't sheltered, so I don't care if they hear the F Bomb once in awhile, but when it's every other word from every person in the conversation, it's a bit much even for me. I don't know if I'm just done with BB or if this season is a dud for me.

Infinite1
07-02-2013, 08:38 AM
My only wish is that they were still showing BB after dark on Showtime. I never signed up for the 24/7 because there is no way I want to stare at these people all the time but I love to watch them at night get drunk and act stupid

TheKdd
07-02-2013, 11:15 AM
I agree... and being on TVGN is nothing but BEEEP BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEP. Stupid.

Yellowdog
07-02-2013, 11:26 AM
I think I paid attention to this season for maybe 10 minutes. The combination of uninspired casting and taking it off Showtime 2 makes me just not give a damn anymore.

kinglucci
07-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Same, this was my favorite show until this season. Most of the cast members are so terrible and make absolutely no sense.

19wingz
07-02-2013, 04:56 PM
You know what sucks is that I was all excited about new people. But so many are similar or one dimensional, it kills that aspect. I can't tell half of them apart sometimes. I don't mind the perverse language but the attitudes and ignorance is reaching a limit ... and has passed it, I'd say.

grandmamichelf
07-02-2013, 08:56 PM
I just read on TMZ that CBS has said something about the racist comments. But it's the line you would believe they would take. Here's what it said:

The honchos at CBS tell TMZ ... they were certainly OFFENDED by several racist and homophobic comments made by the current "Big Brother" houseguests ... but hey, that's live programming for ya.

The houseguests have been under fire from what appears to be the ENTIRE INTERNET over the following comments:

-- GinaMarie referred to welfare as “n**ger insurance”
-- Aaryn called gay contestant Andy a "queer."
-- Spencer referred to Andy as “Kermit the F**" ... and praised Hitler as a gifted speaker.

CBS has released a statement to TMZ ... saying, "We certainly find the statements made by several of the Houseguests on the live Internet feed to be offensive."

However, The Eye points out that 24/7 live programming can sometimes reveal some bad things about people ... saying, "At times, the Houseguests reveal prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone."

There have been rumors that Big Brother will be 86ing some of the offensive cast members -- but it certainly doesn't appear that's gonna happen.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/02/cbs-big-brother-racist-house-guests-offensive/#ixzz2Xx2oX7jI
Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com

Bmcooney
07-03-2013, 11:45 AM
I think I may have to support a guy this season... this shall be a first.

Most of these housguests are just awful people this season. The racism, homophobia, bigotry, misogyny, its insane. Where did they find there people?

Sheldon
07-03-2013, 11:47 AM
The recruiters. YAY....

kmteach
07-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Both Aaryn and GinaMarie have already paid the price for their actions in the house...

Aaryn has been dropped from her modeling agency...
http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/03/big-brother-aaryn-gries-modeling-agency-zephyr/

GinaMarie has been fired from her position as pageant coordinator with East Coast USA Pageant, Inc...
http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/03/big-brother-ginamarie-zimmerman-fired-day-job-pageant/

Just from keeping up with what is going on in the house through twitter and watching the few episodes that have aired so far, these two need to go. Along with Jeremy. David is going to be a casualty of Aaryn.

Ldbright
07-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Davids eviction really doesn't have anything to do with Aaryn though. He was like put as a huge threat right from the beginning. His alleigance to Aaryn is just a tiny bit of the reason.

Personally, I am getting annoyed with all the talking about what happened. Yes it happened, it's wrong, and they will face the consequences after the game. I want fans to stop bitching about it and get back into the actual game...

(not directed at anyone here, mainly on twitter and facebook)

Kristin
07-03-2013, 01:31 PM
I can't get into this season at all, but it doesn't have anything to do with all the crap that's been said in the house. There isn't a single HG that I can relate to. None of them are interesting at all. I HATE shomances, so that eliminates some right there. It's just a blah season so far.

Shiny Beige
07-03-2013, 01:44 PM
I am most offended that Bigot Brother releases statements saying they don't condone their behavior as they sweep it under the rug.

And now Jeremy used Elissa's hat to wipe his ass? On camera??

I think CBS should show all of it, beeping whatever is prudent, and then let these tools deal with their actions AFTER they leave the house.

kmteach
07-03-2013, 01:58 PM
I can't get into this season at all, but it doesn't have anything to do with all the crap that's been said in the house. There isn't a single HG that I can relate to. None of them are interesting at all. I HATE shomances, so that eliminates some right there. It's just a blah season so far.

It's not doing anything for me either, I decided before the cast was even announced that I wasn't doing the feeds this year. Now I watch the show but last night I was reading during most of it and only looked up to watch the PoV comp. :D

Tonight I just want to see Aaryn and Jeremy's reaction to David being evicted instead of Elissa.

TheKdd
07-03-2013, 02:26 PM
I personally hate that CBS gave the HGs a "talking to" about the remarks, and I think they should definitely show it. The whole draw of BB is supposed to be the social experiment. People are who they are. They are racist, they are assholes, they are weird, too nice... These people know they are on camera 24/7, at least they SHOULD know that, and so there are consequences to the things your vomit from your mouth. They should get those consequences. I mean hell, if I went in there and started spouting off, I would expect to come back here and get REAMED. I hate this treating them with kid gloves crap. They aren't kids, regardless of whether they act like it.

19wingz
07-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Davids eviction really doesn't have anything to do with Aaryn though. He was like put as a huge threat right from the beginning. His alleigance to Aaryn is just a tiny bit of the reason.

Personally, I am getting annoyed with all the talking about what happened. Yes it happened, it's wrong, and they will face the consequences after the game. I want fans to stop bitching about it and get back into the actual game...

(not directed at anyone here, mainly on twitter and facebook)

I agree. Twitter is killing it for me.

I personally hate that CBS gave the HGs a "talking to" about the remarks, and I think they should definitely show it. The whole draw of BB is supposed to be the social experiment. People are who they are. They are racist, they are assholes, they are weird, too nice... These people know they are on camera 24/7, at least they SHOULD know that, and so there are consequences to the things your vomit from your mouth. They should get those consequences. I mean hell, if I went in there and started spouting off, I would expect to come back here and get REAMED. I hate this treating them with kid gloves crap. They aren't kids, regardless of whether they act like it.

YES! Thank you! Something should be done, but I don't want them to get a talking to so now they are "playing" for the camera.

19wingz
07-03-2013, 03:51 PM
LOL saw a funny tweet how people expect CBS to do something ... the same network who got Mr. Dumbledore for their interviews. LOLOL

Golfer18
07-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Season is getting unwatchable.

grandmamichelf
07-05-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm going to say this. I am married to a man from the Philippines. If anyone thinks the way Aaryn, Spencer, and GM made fun of her last night wasn't racist, then I dare you to walk in my husband's shoes and our children's since they are half Asians. Saying things and mocking an Asian accent like "I so horny. I love you long time" are denigrating and racist. If either of those women or that scumbucket Spencer were standing in front of me, they'd get a case of grandma up their grill so fast their heads would spin.:bat:

It is, for me, ruining the entire BB season to allow these bigots on the show. People are complaining for a solid reason. CBS is sweeping it under the rug. Yeah, they "talked" to them. Sure looks like THAT helped.

Cathy
07-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Grandma, I wish they were in front of you so you could teach them a lesson. These little twits have no idea what is in store for them when they leave the house.

19wingz
07-05-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm at a catch 22. This is supposed us watching a "social experiment" of strangers living in close quarters and seeing how they react. In a way, I don't think BB needs to step in because they are warned that they are watched 24/7 and what they say/do is subject to the world seeing and having an opinion about.

HOWEVER what they are saying is 100% disrespectful, inappropriate and straight up racist. Do I want them to get a talking to? No. I know I bitched, moaned and complained that something needs to be done but I honestly don't know the best course of action. Playing over what was said to the house might be the way to get everyone involved but that could also turn dangerous. I don't know.

grandmamichelf
07-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Even in social experiments, certain things should never be condoned or allowed to perpetuate. No catch 22 for me.

19wingz
07-05-2013, 05:52 PM
My catch 22 is not whether it should be allowed or not ... It's what do I want them to do about it?

SassyGal
07-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Wingz with the way they cast it stopped being a true social experiment for me a while ago it would be so much better if they stopped recruiting. I think that CBS has to take responsibility since they did recruited so e of these awful people!

19wingz
07-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Oh, I agree. It's no longer what it is because of the whole damn recruitment to make a cast that works instead of just let them be. Idiots.

Goldie
07-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Essentially 5 people in the house came to play the game of Big Brother, the other 11 just signed up because Bachelor Pad was cancelled.

CappieSux
07-06-2013, 08:40 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again...worst female cast ever.

Though the male cast isn't anything to write home about.

I'm definitely putting this cast one step behind BB9 in horribleness...and it's only week 2!

Goldie
07-06-2013, 09:09 AM
The only reason I disagree Cap is I don't remember anyone redeemable in S9. At least with this cast I see Helen, Elissa, McRae, and maybe Amanda as decent folks.

TheKdd
07-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Ya know, if all these people had tried out for the show and a couple turned out to be racist assholes, I would say yeah ok, well... there some everywhere. But being that they actually went out and hunted down these idiots...

Saw this this morning:

Britney Haynes @britney_haynes
I hope the reason David hasn't been able to find a girl like Aaryn is because she's the only one left since the civil rights movement. #ZING

19wingz
07-06-2013, 10:13 AM
LMAO I love Britney.

And ya. If these people are all who applied, I still wouldn't agree with what they say and dislike them immensely for it ... but at least they applied. To think that there are actual fans (like our own Renee and Zach) and a few others I know who applied and were turned down for Aaryn, Jeremy and a couple others pisses me off.

CappieSux
07-06-2013, 02:04 PM
The only reason I disagree Cap is I don't remember anyone redeemable in S9. At least with this cast I see Helen, Elissa, McRae, and maybe Amanda as decent folks.

I don't really like Helen...She has all the pieces to make a change but continues to deny it and crawl up Spencer's butt. McCrae is disgusting. Amanda is a psycho path(the way she treated Jessie last night was disturbing...)

It's only Judd, Candice and Howard for me.