View Full Version : BB Bigtory: Not Just A House Problem

CappieSux
07-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Haven't watched the show yet but read recaps...

So they only showed Aaryan and one of GM's comments? I guess tht's one step forward...but a tad disturbing. GM is only shown once?

Only the beautiful girl is getting thrown the wolves, Spencer and Jeremy(who' as big of an offender as Aaryn) get away with their hands clean? Seriously? It continues to show how Grodhog favors men over women. She continues to show pretty women in bad light(catty, unable to work together, stupid, racist etc) but men get away with it. In fact the only time BB has shown racist comments(Erika, Chima and now Aaryan and GinaMarie) were women's comments. It's INCREDIBLY telling.

Jeremy is shown as a douchebag, yes but it's dialed down by like by 100(because he is THAT bad). But women are always given the crap edit.

Also, the edits as a whole are questionable. Nick gets a good edit, but not Candice? Haven't seen tonight's episode, but she was the one who was behind this whole "There is a guy alliance" and Helen was a moron and Andy was a heinous bitch. A lot of what I read make her seem invisible save for bringing it up. And Andy is likable? Since when? That guy is a heinous as the women in the house.

It's no shock. Candice is too female, too pretty and too black to get a good edit...but you'd think she would. I hate to think that NIck is going to be MVP because that's a win for the MC. Jeremy will think people LOVE them and Jeremy and Spencer's behavior would be awarded. Nick has done nothing in the house but get GM to fall in love with him and get everyone to think he's a shady fuck, yet he gets a better edit than Candice who is the only willing to question the guy alliance?

Grodhog makes me sick. We comment about people in the house but at large, Grodhog is the problem. She casts these people, she casts no more than two black people a season, three minorities...barely any strong women. I can't remember the last time a black woman got a good edit on this show or a black man(Lawon got the best but he was fucking insane)...it definitely wasn't in Grodhog's run.

So yay they showed Aaryan make the racist comments...but they continue to show that the real problem is behind the scenes. Grodhog has a GIANT female problem. And yes, a giant problem with refusing to cast any African American in any sort of positive role(save for the "sexy black man" edit Howard is getting).

19wingz
07-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Ya, Jeremy was COMPLETELY no where to be found in edits when the racism was addressed.

They did show Candice putting things together tonight, though. So I'll give her that.

As for her casting, I don't know if I like how Howard was the "go to" guy for the DR comments during the racism segment. It was too much "let's put the black guy on tv to say it's wrong but he's the better man" for CBS to skirt around it from now on.

That said, I can appreciate and give them props for putting it on the show tonight. Little is better than nothing.

Now catch this. Aaryn's friend - who is an intern at Fox affiliate in Austin, TX - tweeted this recently. I'm betting Aaryn and her friend will need to go job hunting together.

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss54/19wingz/788487534_zps5e81b83a.jpg

grandmamichelf
07-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Well if things are all right in the world, that bimbo will lose her job.

CappieSux
07-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Future BB 16 HGs? It wouldn't shock me..

SassyGal
07-07-2013, 09:34 PM
I would love for Julie to do the Aaryn Asian voice when talking to her on the show Thurs and then ask if mocking her is wrong...

Shiny Beige
07-07-2013, 10:38 PM
I would love to see Julie take out her balls and wave them around a bit. These horrid narcissists are counting on Julie/BB for their futures ... from talk shows to hosting gigs ... and they have to discuss their behavior with her on their way out of the house. Don't they realize it might be a problem? Or do they think beyond themselves at all?

I hate Grodner and what she has done to Bigot Brother.
I hate Bigot Brother because it has become Bigot Brother.
And I hate CBS for allowing ... even encouraging ...it to happen.

What am I gonna' do with the rest of my summer?

Goldie
07-08-2013, 07:33 AM
While I agree GrodPig favors men over women, she basically portrayed obligatory surfer dude a few seasons ago (forget his name, first evict) as Hitler because he said the phrase Beaner one time.

That being said, not showing Nigger Insurance, which to me was the most heinous of things these awful people have said, is BS.

Goldie
07-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Haha, her racist friend deleted her account.

Cathy
07-08-2013, 08:37 AM
While I agree GrodPig favors men over women, she basically portrayed obligatory surfer dude a few seasons ago (forget his name, first evict) as Hitler because he said the phrase Beaner one time.

That being said, not showing Nigger Insurance, which to me was the most heinous of things these awful people have said, is BS.

I missed this, who said that? Really these people need to go and the season needs to restart....kind of like the YBB game last season!!!

TheKdd
07-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Pretty sure it was GinaMarie or Aaryn, said Welfare is n****r insurance.

Cathy
07-08-2013, 09:49 AM
OMG what a crock of shit, I can not wait for these bitches to find out they lost their jobs.

Goldie
07-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Yeah it was GM who said it.

Julie just completely owned the situation on The Talk (Not normally in my viewing schedule, but closed the office door to hear what she had to say about it).

Said she was personally offended by Aryan's comments and it took her back to the 70s when she was bullied for being Asian. Said it was meant to be mean spirited and not humorous.

Love ya Julie!

Julie discusses the racism on Big Brother - YouTube

Cathy
07-08-2013, 11:33 AM
I love Julie on The Talk, she holds nothing back.

PinkFreak
07-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Oooohhhhh... Aaryn's exit interview with Julie is gonna be Reality Gold!!!

TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs
07-08-2013, 02:23 PM
And once again Julie talked only of Arryn on the Talk she did not address the others

19wingz
07-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Ya, I don't know why they are not mentioning the others AT ALL. That's odd to me.

Also, I really did not like how Julie talked about how it was aired only because it was driving story. If it wasn't driving story (i.e. people wanting to get her out because of it), they wouldn't have aired it? Ya, um. How about it should have been aired story or not. Not in a sense for the world to judge her ... but just to put it out there. It's part of this season now, whether anyone likes it or not.

SassyGal
07-08-2013, 06:01 PM
I think that they will only show what is said when other Hgs start making a fuss so Howard in his i am keeping quiet out of the DR to not rock his boat & put a target on his back helps to keep it off air...if they had a huge loud fight in the BY then more would be shown IMO

Shiny Beige
07-08-2013, 06:16 PM
What about asshat's behavior? Why is Jeremy treated like a big loveable kid? He is at least as offensive as Aryan. And Spencer shouldn't get a pass either. All of their hateful behavior should be shown, even if they bleep the words.

TheKdd
07-08-2013, 06:21 PM
No, it SHOULD BE SHOWN, because even if no one has heard anything, it has potential to run the story. How? By America voting. If watchers of the show only don't know how these people REALLY are, who's to say they aren't voting for them? Or even people that might like the BS they spew, they should hear it too.

America has a power here that runs a part of the story, therefore their personalities should be shown as "we" are now a part of the show electing someone each week that has the power to potentially evict another.

19wingz
07-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Exactly. I agree. I don't like how Julie and AG have said it was only aired because a story has been made of it. It should be the other way around.

Yellowdog
07-08-2013, 07:23 PM
I think it's obvious that they are basically talking only about racism against Asians because Julie is Asian. If she wasn't they wouldn't even be showing it or talking about it.

grandmamichelf
07-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Well they showed more than that on The Talk. I watch it everyday when I'm home at lunch. Sara Gilbert said she took offense at the remarks about blacks which caused everyone to laugh but she wasn't being funny. She was also offended by the remarks directed towards Andy.

I agree that they should show more than what has been shown because it is a huge part of that house. They should show Jeremy's douchebag shit along with Spencer's and GM's and Kaitlin's. There are more than enough of these assholes to go around.

And since we ARE voting for MVP, it's imperative that those who only watch the shows get the full view and not just some nice edited shit.

CappieSux
07-08-2013, 08:26 PM
What's interesting though is how they're basically not showing Spencer and Jeremy for who they really are in a way to make the MC look better. AG is trying to make Nick look like a lovable, charming mastermind who she wants to win MVP. I know I'm not voting for Nick because 1) He isn't a mastermind at all 2) He's socially awkward in the house 3) He's on everyone's radar...

But number 4 is I won't vote for someone who is teamed with Spencer and Jeremy..and they probably know that too. But because Allison LOVES her men alliances, she will protect those in that alliance.

It's why we haven't gotten the MANY, MANY sexist, homophobic and racist comments from the MC. Why none of them has gotten a real edit.

Shiny Beige
07-08-2013, 11:16 PM
I hate it when you're right, Cappie! :mad:

grandmamichelf
07-09-2013, 04:56 AM
Yeah, I hate it when Cappie's right too!

Elizabeth
07-09-2013, 12:31 PM
I would love to see Julie take out her balls and wave them around a bit. These horrid narcissists are counting on Julie/BB for their futures ... from talk shows to hosting gigs ... and they have to discuss their behavior with her on their way out of the house. Don't they realize it might be a problem? Or do they think beyond themselves at all?

I hate Grodner and what she has done to Bigot Brother.
I hate Bigot Brother because it has become Bigot Brother.
And I hate CBS for allowing ... even encouraging ...it to happen.

What am I gonna' do with the rest of my summer?

I apologize if this has already been posted somewhere else, but did anyone happen to watch The Talk yesterday (Monday)? I happened to be home taking a vacation day and watched it. Julie Chen addressed the bigotry and racist remarks -- she specifically talked about Aaryn and her comments about Asians, gays and blacks. And they showed clips from the show. Julie said at first she took the comments about Asians personally and was surprised that people still said stuff like Aaryn has been saying. They really focused it all on Aaryn and none of the other houseguests.

I'm just really surprised at what's going on this season ..... these people all know they are being watched and listened to 24/7, so even if you felt that way about any race or lifestyle, how could you be so stupid to be so blatant about it on national TV?

Elizabeth
07-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Never mind ..... I just saw where you guys have discussed The Talk. Sorry!