View Full Version : Did Big Brother redeem themselves from BB14s Horrible season?

philS
07-16-2013, 08:44 PM
I know alot of people are upset about this cast, with the racism, recruiting, MVP and what not. But really, this makes for good TV. The feeds so far this season have been awesome. So far we've had 2 HOHs with 4 Nominees and none of those 4 have gone home. Meaning already 2 evictions with 2 blindsides. Nicks eviction episode was great, i was actually nervous, ALREADY, this early into the season. We have already had a "dominant" alliance emerge and evaporate. Maybe its just me, but so far, and it is probably too early to tell, but this seeoms like the best season since BB10, and already seems like one of the better seasons. Anyone agree?

requiem
07-16-2013, 10:36 PM
I agree Phil....I love the level of reality this season and I ink the cast is actually breaking out....regardless of some events, I havnt been this hooked in YEARS!!

Shiny Beige
07-16-2013, 10:38 PM
I'm still so offended by the hate being spewed by the self-proclaimed "pretty people" that I can't yet like or respect the season. It was all too calculated (the hand-picked cast) by CBS that i hesitate to watch again. Have you noticed that even the recappers here don't bother too much, even though they do a great job listening to all the drivel? And the comments are way down?

The season has had a few moments, but they don't make up for all the hate, to me.

SassyGal
07-16-2013, 10:50 PM
I keep trying but I am having a tough time really getting into it. I find it really difficult to do the LFU because they are annoying......some for the terrible people I think they are & others for the voices that are making my ears bleed and some I am so tired of listening to their self rightous BS since I am not sure if they are trying to convince us or themselves!!

I think the MVP could have been really cool BUT cbs made it meaningless by putting in Elissa with the brenchelarmy giving her it weekly.

Knucklehead
07-17-2013, 12:14 AM
I'm really enjoying the season, but it's just kind of hard to comment on besides just talking about he rampant racism. The main problem is that there are a few people in the house that are so awful that everyone universally wants them gone. Most of the comments in previous seasons involved people who were fun to hate (like Jessie, Rachel, etc.) and that had their own fan base. With people like Aaryn, Jeremy, and GM, there's no debate. Everyone agrees that they suck and we want them gone so there's really not much to talk about. Hopefully, once these vapid bigots are gone, the season will be more divisive once people have to actually pick sides.

Ed: And by people, I mean us fans will have to pick sides. I'm excited to see Amanda and Helen got into it or maybe McCrae and Andy! Anything where Aaryn, Jeremy and GM aren't in the picture.

grandmamichelf
07-17-2013, 05:55 AM
If I could just get past the racism, I might enjoy the season more. But it's really difficult to see past that.

I'm already tired of certain people in the house besides Jerm, Aaryn, GM and Kaitlin. And I'm with Sassy. It is so difficult to listen to some of them because their voices will make your eyes bleed.

Yellowdog
07-17-2013, 05:55 AM
The way I look at it there are three types of seasons.

1. An all-star season where we will know every HG so we like or at least know of all of their personalities. While there is comfort in "knowing" all of them there are no surprises to us or each other so it will always be limited in some ways. The success of this kind of season hinges on personalities and being able to see the likes of Dr. Will again.

2. Some veterans and some rookies, which in my opinion is the worst mix. We are comfortable and excited to see some veterans like Jeff, Janelle, or Dan that we know and often love but ultimately they are playing a different game than the rookies because of past experiences and it's like two different games are going on.

3. All rookies. This is the most sporadic because you don't know what you're going to get. It usually works out okay, but sometimes it can be great and sometimes it can be terrible. Most fans complain at first with this kind of season but then usually once they see the personalities develop between the rookies they tend to usually feel more comfortable.

Obviously the current season is example #3. Few fans were happy at first and even though there are scum in there, a lot of good personalities have stood out. And I think as far as game play these are a decent bunch. As far as the scummy people are concerned they will represent one of the best thing about Big Brother and that is the Reckoning, the time when somebody we all hate so much gets the axe embarrassingly on national TV.

obxkali
07-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Not sure if this was posted anywhere but tomorrow's HOH deals with the following survey:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/royalty-vote/

Queen of Mean definitely went to Aaryn! :)

obxkali
07-17-2013, 11:59 AM
I'm kind of enjoying the season. I loathe the racism in the house but there's nothing we can do about that right now. It does make for "good tv" but it's at the expense of Candice, Howard, Andy and Helen. So to me, that makes it not okay.

They're tough people though. Hopefully the good people will come away with the win.

19wingz
07-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Well, here's the thing. I hate the racism. Can't stand it and it is a HUGE turn off. However, there are some personalities in the house that I actually really like and want to root for. This is not a season where I want an "evil" person in to root against. I just truly dislike all of the, I want them out and I just want to see "good" battle it out.

I prefer newbies to casting has beens. I just wish they weren't cookie cutter cast BUT I will take it over ED and Jeff returning any day. I like Jeff, but I'm over him.

The drama makes it easy but hard to watch at the same time. I haven't had time for the feeds due to work, so I've really just been going based off what was said here and what I've seen on TV. I'm still sort of overall "over" Big Brother but I'm more hooked now than I was a week ago.