View Full Version : Amanda in the News!!

SassyGal
08-03-2013, 03:07 PM
The Huffington Post has printed this story with a vid also!!

'Big Brother's' Amanda Zuckerman Makes Racist Comments About Asian And African American House Guests (VIDEO)

Posted: 08/01/2013 6:36 pm EDT | Updated: 08/03/2013 4:55 pm EDT

Posted vid in next post
Video, Big Brother Racism, GinaMarie Zimmerman Big Brother, Television, Amanda Zuckerman, Amanda Zuckerman Big Brother, Amanda Zuckerman Racist, Big Brother Aaryn Gries, Big Brother Amanda Zuckerman, Big Brother Cbs, TV News

Just when you thought the racism on "Big Brother" couldn't get any worse, house guest Amanda Zuckerman was caught making racist remarks about her African American and Asian American competitors on camera.

"She wore my f---in' head band and didn't ask," Zuckerman said about African American housemate Candice Stewart (above). "She took it off your f---in' head and put it on her greasy-ass, nappy-hair head."

In another instance, Zuckerman referred to African American contestant Howard Overby as "the black mamba" and "the dark knight." She also referred to herself as a "f** hag" and used the term "retarded" on multiple occasions.

Interestingly enough, Zuckerman confronted Aaryn Gries about being racist on camera, which can also be seen in the video above.

This is hardly the first time offensive remarks have been caught on camera throughout the current fifteenth season of "Big Brother." In addition to Gries, GinaMarie Zimmerman has also made racist remarks to or about other contestants on camera.

CBS responded to viewers' anger with the following statement: “'Big Brother' is a reality show about watching a group of people who have no privacy 24/7 -- and seeing every moment of their lives. At times, the Houseguests reveal prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone. We certainly find the statements made by several of the Houseguests on the live Internet feed to be offensive. Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by a Houseguest appearing on 'Big Brother,' either on any live feed from the House or during the broadcast, are those of the individual(s) speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS or the producers of the program.”

"Big Brother" host Julie Chen wasn't nearly as neutral about the events, however. After showing a particularly upsetting clip of a fight between contestants Candice, Aaryn and GinaMarie on "The Talk," Chen was furious.

"Am I the only one who feels so enraged? This is the third time I've watched that clip, and it does not get any easier," she said. "I think it shows us all that in 2013, race is still a deeply, deeply personal issue and it is so extremely hurtful. And unless you have ever been on the receiving issue end of it, you simply do not know what it's like to walk a mile in someone's shoes."

SassyGal
08-03-2013, 03:09 PM
http://youtu.be/LcmnVw-RQM0

grandmamichelf
08-03-2013, 03:26 PM
A lot of people who responded to this article were saying that some of it was taken out of context, meaning we didn't hear the entire conversation and it was joking for the most part.

I'm here to say that it doesn't matter if it's in context or not. The words are hurtful. They leave scars on people. They may laugh when someone says crap like that but it hurts. If it's acceptable to a lot of people, then they haven't learned that laughter doesn't always heal hurtful words. I may be older than most people, but until you've seen what it can do to someone's life or their inner worth, you just don't get it and probably never will. You can't just let this type of "joking" be okay. It never will be.

And for every person who thinks it's okay, there are 10 people that don't and really don't want to hear this anymore. For Big Brother to allow it to continue and just say they don't condone it, is absolutely inconceivable to me.

TheKdd
08-03-2013, 03:41 PM
I know this sounds awful, but this is just representative of what our society has become in the last few years. It's just become so easy and free flowing from MANY MANY people, most who don't think they are racist in the least. You have any idea how easy it seems for so many online in particular, but even in person. I mean, my neighbor can just easily flow off her tongue "the n****r in the White House"... or the "Flips" that took care of her in rehab...

It's just real easy. No one seems to give a crap anymore. And more importantly, they get pissed if you try to call them on it, cause you know, they have black friends, or gay neighbors, or or or....

Mystycl
08-03-2013, 03:47 PM
maybe now we can spread it!!!!! she needs to stop getting away with it all!

Mystycl
08-03-2013, 03:48 PM
I know this sounds awful, but this is just representative of what our society has become in the last few years. It's just become so easy and free flowing from MANY MANY people, most who don't think they are racist in the least. You have any idea how easy it seems for so many online in particular, but even in person. I mean, my neighbor can just easily flow off her tongue "the n****r in the White House"... or the "Flips" that took care of her in rehab...

It's just real easy. No one seems to give a crap anymore. And more importantly, they get pissed if you try to call them on it, cause you know, they have black friends, or gay neighbors, or or or....

same here!!! makes me sick!

19wingz
08-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Ya, it's disgusting. Even she said it in the video. "I'm not racist. I have a black brother."

SO WHAT?!?!?!

And I am with Grandma here. Whether joking or not, saying these things is WRONG. In or out of context, why are these things being said? I'm glad this is kind of out there too. I really wanted to like her. I loved her at first, actually, but I think she got too controlling and this whole showmance with McCrae was just annoying. Now, I don't like her and clearly America doesn't either.

grandmamichelf
08-03-2013, 05:33 PM

In the military, long ago, we were required to take what they called a "social actions" class (actually race relations). In that class we learned dthat the most bigoted thing to say was "Well I have black friends" or "I have a Mexican boyfriend." You get my drift. It's like saying you have a pass to use those words because you have whatever you have and they're okay with it. Obviously you haven't been around them when they've cried or felt really down or even worse.

Whenever I hear any of the words you put in your first paragraph, I don't care if someone does get pissed at me. I call them on it. For those who don't know, "Flips" is as bad a word to Filipinos as the N word is to blacks.

TheKdd
08-03-2013, 05:39 PM
It's sickening. All of it.

Tina
08-03-2013, 06:18 PM
wow, she's such a contradiction! She Speaks about Aaryn one way and turns around and does the exact same thing!

Mystycl
08-03-2013, 07:46 PM
can you say hypocrite? :)

cmcurran5
08-07-2013, 03:57 PM
i just don't understand why you can lose your job over it though..

19wingz
08-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Because people do not want to be associated with people like this, especially if you're some company or organization. Affects your reputation if you keep them on board. Apepars that you "endorse" it.

grandmamichelf
08-07-2013, 04:16 PM

Every job I've had since I retired from the military (okay, only two of them) have strict rules about racism, sexual harassment, etc. In an "at will" state, it doesn't take much for an employer to say enough is enough.

Unless the company is owned and run by racists/bigots, I don't see anyone lasting long if someone complains about those type of remarks. For companies that have products they want to sell, you don't want these type of people representing you.

19wingz
08-07-2013, 04:23 PM
And even from a non-profit view ... you just don't want to appear to support those beliefs. Regardless.

Shiny Beige
08-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Because it is 2013 and racial discrimination is wrong. Any time, any place!

Wouldn't it be amazing if people actually learned something from watching BB15? :Yay:

Sandy
08-07-2013, 07:27 PM
If I owned a company I would not want a known racist out there representing it. Very bad PR and keeping someone like that is condoning it.

Yellowdog
08-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Hell, if I even knew that the guy who cuts my grass was an asshole I would fire him.

Tina
08-07-2013, 09:52 PM
You don't cut your own grass??????????????????? Geesh lol.

Elissa was saying last night (telling Candice) that she was embarrassed to be associated with this cast and people like this and that she doesn't want any part of it and then ran upstairs to be Amanda's matron of honor for her bachelorette party.

19wingz
08-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Well this is interesting. Looks like Amanda may have lost her license.

A little over a week after we broke the news that Amanda Zuckerman was the houseguest pre-chosen to win the top prize on Big Brother due to her close friendship with the show’s producer, Allison Grodner, we can now be the FIRST to exclusively reveal that Amanda has lost her realtor license. AKA, she’s FIRED.

Fans of the reality show are saying that couldn’t possibly be the case, as Amanda works for her mother. True. But while Amanda may have a partnership arrangement with her mother, according to the state license bureau, she was actually employed by Prudential Florida (technically by its subsidiary Watermark Realty Inc., which functions as the “sales service center” for Prudential Florida, and is apparently listed as the employer for all Prudential Florida brokers.)

Her website was taken down, and her presence removed from the Boca Raton Prudential Florida website (which is the office that she worked out of.) Prior, the state licensing board had her listed as “active”, and employed by Watermark Realty. Today, her status is “inactive, current” and there is no reference to Watermark.

We just got off the phone with the Florida license authority. In order for a license holder’s status to change, either they must request to become inactive, or the employer of record must notify the state that they are no longer affiliated with them. AND (here’s the kicker) it takes, at most, one week for a request from a licensee to be processed and their status updated. It can be done within seconds, if done on-line, if a form is submitted, it takes a week.) Since Amanda has been in the BB house for well over a month now, and thus incommunicado, SHE could not have requested that her license status be changed. The only other option (according to the person I talked to) was if “Watermark” notified the state that Amanda was no longer affiliated with them.

In summary? All signs point to Amanda being gone.

SOURCE (http://gossipingpens.com/2013/08/05/amanda-zuckerman-fired-from-job-as-realtor/)

Shiny Beige
08-31-2013, 05:09 PM
Maybe there's a moral here. If you go on a reality television show like BB, keep your racial, bigoted thoughts to yourself and behave like a rational adult whose life is being broadcast 24/7. If you can do that, you won't have a problem and nobody can take ANYTHING out of context.

PinkFreak
09-01-2013, 03:24 AM
Not sure how reliable this is, and I've only been able to browse the LFU's this week, but it sounded like Amanda was still having her pity party, so not sure if this makes sense or not??

So much has happened in the Big Brother 15 house since the show aired last Thursday. Not only did GinaMarie Zimmerman win HoH but McCrae Olson and Amanda Zuckerman were nominated for eviction. Amanda was furious for being nominated, she first came on a verbal attack against Ginamarie for having the nerve to put her and her boyfriend up and then she said she didn’t care because she was going to get off the block with a PoV and Judd or Spencer would be put up and go home. Judd overheard this and was really pissed, he let Amanda have it. Amanda went to her room and cried, completely devastated that she had been put up on the block with McCrae. After Amanda’s psychotic meltdown last week when she defaced Elissa’s memory wall, fans were prepared for the worst after her and McCrae were put on the block; but, Amanda’s outrage didn’t last long….

Right after the HoH competion, Big Brother had a surprise competition that awarded Spencer $10,000. Prior to this competition Amanda slipped by saying, “during the luxury Veto competition, I am going to take all the prizes.” (the word “Veto” being the slip) The strange thing about that balloon competition is that it was held right after HoH, usually they leave these types of competitions for mid week to break up the monotony. But that was not the case with this competition, they had it right after HoH and oddly enough, Amanda has completely calmed down since the competition.

Viewers of the Big Brother After Dark say that Amanda found a token inside one of those balloons and guess what it was? A Diamond Power of Veto! This Veto was first introduced in Big Brother 4 and the last time it was used was in Big Brother 12 when it was awarded to Matt Hoffman as a gift from Pandora’s Box. This type of Veto is a little special in that the holder not only gets to take someone off the block, but they also select the replacement nominee themselves. Now we now why Amanda has the smug look on her face, not only does she know that she going nowhere and neither is her boyfriend, but who do you think she will name as a replacement nominee? It will be Elissa Slater who she calls joker face all the time.

This makes complete sense, since this competition was held there has been a strange calm come over the house. Amanda is saying “it doesn’t matter anymore” and we all know that is BS. Amanda has bullied almost every house guest to get where she is in this game and all of sudden she just stops and gives up, I don’t buy it. The Big Brother producers decided before this game ever aired that Amanda is going to win and that is how the game has been manipulated all along. Producer Allison Grodner is best pals with Amanda and has fixed the game in her favor. When Helen Kim, who was a strong player made her thoughts on ousting Amanda in public, she was literally pushed off of a competition to ensure that she would not return to the game from the jury house and come after Amanda. That balloon competition has a nasty vile smell to it, there is no way out of all those balloons that it is a coincidence that Amanda picked up a token that can alter her fate in the game.

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/wp-content/uploads/helengif.gif

SOURCE (http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2013/amanda-zuckerman-diamond-power-of-veto-big-brother-15-rigged-fixed-producers-allison-grodner-0831/)

SassyGal
09-01-2013, 08:12 AM
I have a couple of issues with this & shame on the author....

1) The balloon lux comp took place on Friday in place of the food comp n ot right after HOH
2) The comp was BEFORE noms were done & Amanda melted down

Tina
09-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Sure will be interesting if she whips out a DPOV!!

PinkFreak
09-01-2013, 10:28 AM
I had a lot of doubts to this article myself... but thought I'd post it for inquiring minds. lol...

The one thing that still gets me is the conspiracy on Helen being pushed off that platform... when she came off, she made no indication that she felt something push her or that she fell because of something beyond her control? I think if she was 'helped' off her platform, she would have shown some kind of gesture indicating so... like a look back at the platform to see what it was, or said something to that degree. She just walked off as she said her goodbyes. So it just irks me that people are still talking about that...

grandmamichelf
09-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Frankly if you look at that video, the hand comes out AFTER she goes off. It moves the curtain. I don't, for one minute, believe that she was "helped" off the platform.

Secondly, there's no way in hell aMANda could get a DPOV and not smirk about it. No way. That bitch would be cockier than anything. And no matter if she is BFFs with AG, that would be detrimental to this show now if aMANda is given help to stay in considering that the majority of us don't want to see her on there at all.

Thanks for posting that, Pink. It's certainly interesting to see what people will come up with sometimes.

TheKdd
09-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Yeah I don't believe it either. Apparently the person who wrote that doesn't watch the feeds because they have this all out of order.

Like Sassy said, this comp was held before the noms, so Amanda wasn't even up yet. Amanda had her breakdown later that day.

Second, they said it lasted like 4 minutes, that Spencer found the 10k so quickly that BB was going to have to spread that out to make it last longer.

Third, Amanda didn't just say "It doesn't matter" she is still campaigning and campaigning HARD. She cried a lot, all night saying that she will miss McCrae, and trying to get GM to replace her with Elissa or Judd and "make a big move" and we will be loyal to you.