YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   Duets (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=285)
-   -   Duets Season 1 Disc. (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=12437)

19wingz 05-24-2012 01:34 PM

Duets Season 1 Disc.

Anyone watching this new show? DVR for me. But I'm curious about the format and potential.

Kristin 05-24-2012 08:47 PM

I watched and wasn't impressed.

Mystycl 05-25-2012 04:22 AM

i'm with kristin..... it seemed "forced" to me....
ya know when they sing a song that means something to them, and they REALLY feel it?
well what i saw seemed like it was all fake...or forced...

19wingz 05-25-2012 03:23 PM

I have read some not so good things about it.

19wingz 05-25-2012 04:57 PM

I think it seemed forced because these pairings are new. Very rarely are true duet pairings REAL. There are always wannabes. Maybe they just need time for that chemistry? It definitely wasn't awesome and I think the singing competition world is oversaturated, but I'll probably keep watching. There is at least good talent and I'm curious to see where it goes.

The second performance Jennifer did, "Stay," was pretty awesome. They complemented well.

Kristin 05-25-2012 05:43 PM

I agree that they complimented each other well, but I think she should have given him more of an opportunity to showcase his voice. He could have rocked that song without her.

Mystycl 05-25-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19wingz (Post 350144)
I think it seemed forced because these pairings are new. Very rarely are true duet pairings REAL. There are always wannabes. Maybe they just need time for that chemistry? It definitely wasn't awesome and I think the singing competition world is oversaturated, but I'll probably keep watching. There is at least good talent and I'm curious to see where it goes.

The second performance Jennifer did, "Stay," was pretty awesome. They complemented well.

dam missed STAY! grrrr

but...
i meant the emotion was fake... not the chemistry... i get that part... but the emotion in the song... it wasnt real.. "i didnt feel like they felt it dog, it was just aight!"

19wingz 05-25-2012 05:57 PM

Kristin, you don't like Jennifer. Are you biased?

Myst, that post was pitchy.

grandmamichelf 05-25-2012 06:19 PM

Lexi and I thought about watching it, but frankly there are just too many singing reality shows on for me. I'm done with them for the year.

Kristin 05-25-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19wingz (Post 350148)
Kristin, you don't like Jennifer. Are you biased?

Myst, that post was pitchy.

Nah, I don't think so. I don't like her, but I don't mind that song. I would have liked to hear more of what he could sing on his own.