YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   The Reality TV Graveyard (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   Utopia, Disc Thread (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=17245)

19wingz 09-07-2014 12:18 PM

Utopia, Disc Thread

Well, I don't know if we'll have a hit here to have weekly show threads but we'll give it a shot! UTOPIA premieres TONIGHT 8/7c on Fox with a special 2 hour premiere!

grandmamichelf 09-07-2014 01:26 PM

I don't get the hoopla on this but I guess a lot if people are interested.

haboushi24 09-07-2014 06:26 PM

This show seems interesting.. I'm recording tonights episode to catch up on it later

Yellowdog 09-07-2014 06:51 PM

More happened in the first 30 minutes than all season of Big Brother. Total chaos.

haboushi24 09-07-2014 07:02 PM

Are you serious! I was too busy watching BB, I'm watching it right now! :)

requiem 09-08-2014 09:04 AM

Ratings are in via EW.COM (this does not include DVR playback or online streams.)

Fox’s big reality gamble Utopia got off to a modest pre-season start Sunday night.
The two-hour premiere had 4.6 million viewers and a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49 Sunday night. That was lower than the latest episode of CBS’ Big Brother (7.1 million, 2.3), which likewise started at 8 p.m.
The $50 million social experience strands 15 people in a remote area to build a perfect community. The debut was up against the massive time-period premiere of NBC’s Sunday Night Football (an estimated 21.2 million, 8.0), yet also had a strong NFL lead-in of its own that largely didn’t stick around. (If you’re a football fan, switching from Fox over to SNF is probably more tempting.)
Fox is betting heavily on Utopia, which basically replaces The X Factor as the network’s multi-night reality show this fall. Utopia is considered risky within the industry partly because broadcast reality series typically have some kind of competitive element to lend a sense of high stakes and urgency (Survivor, American Idol, The Bachelor—all are contests to some degree), yet Utopia is purely a soap. So far, there has been a fair amount of on-set drama, which could hook viewers and last night’s performance is still considered a workable number. The audience could grow from this, especially as the fall season gets underway.

19wingz 09-08-2014 09:18 AM

I think last night was a tough night to premiere. Not only is the audience going to be similar to BB, but SNF premiered last night. I haven't watched yet, but I know that the feeds have been extremely dramatic this season. Look forward to watching it on my DVR.

Shiny Beige 09-08-2014 09:51 AM

It can't be any worse than BB. I intend to watch it, for a bit, AFTER the Breaking Bad Binge.

I guess I've outgrown Big Brother.

AIO_7 09-08-2014 11:19 AM

Switched back and forth between UTOPIA and BB betwixt my opening day NFL football binge; I'll keep an eye on it, seems interesting.

19wingz 09-08-2014 07:02 PM

I'm actually quite into this. The premiere was quite interesting. Lots of drama, but even aside from that, they really did cast quite the diverse group of individuals.

I really hate Josh, though.