YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   Yakkity's Tunes (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   New Music 2017 (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=18833)

requiem 01-04-2017 10:08 AM

New Music 2017

Figured I'd get this rolling again...

First major release is this Friday with the release of the new Ed Sheeran single. Stay tuned!

requiem 01-06-2017 11:11 AM

Oh Ed!!! ������ This is so freaking delightful!

requiem 01-06-2017 11:13 AM

Another great new single from Ed! I'm beyond stoked for the full album!

requiem 01-06-2017 11:14 AM

The return of one my favourite Canadian pop artists. <3

requiem 01-06-2017 11:18 AM

Country Titans Rascal Flatts make a jaunty return with their latest single.

Mystycl 01-07-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by requiem (Post 533076)
Oh Ed!!! ������ This is so freaking delightful!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_dK2tDK9grQ

really like this one...

Quote:

Originally Posted by requiem (Post 533077)
Another great new single from Ed! I'm beyond stoked for the full album!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qp5vcuMIlk

dont think i like this one...

Quote:

Originally Posted by requiem (Post 533079)
Country Titans Rascal Flatts make a jaunty return with their latest single.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=chf5gj0HCqg

LOVEEEEE me some flatts!! ♥

19wingz 01-08-2017 03:44 PM

LOVE ED!!!

Sam Hunt also released new music, after his highly anticipated return post Montavello. Not sure I'm a fan BUT he is engaged to the girl in this song.

requiem 01-09-2017 06:33 AM

I was going to include this new Sam Hunt track, but I just don't like it at all. I respect where it comes from, congrats to him...But this just isn't a song I want to hear.

His debut is one of the rare country albums I own, so I'm hoping for a little more magic than this.

19wingz 01-09-2017 09:10 AM

I agree. This is not the Sam Hunt I fell in love with from his debut album. I think it's a nice tribute but not a song I enjoy listening to if I'm honest.

And oh. It's not country. LOL I hope they stop portraying him to be as such (they being the genre).

requiem 01-09-2017 09:39 AM

Where would you say he fits then? Lol...I really liked a lot of songs from his debut, but I couldn't imagine any of them on pop radio.

19wingz 01-09-2017 11:05 AM

I think he should be on pop radio though. There is enough variety there in Top 40. A lot of modern country doesn't fit the genre, in my opinion, and that's why I applaud Taylor for "leaving" it. I love Sam Hunt and a lot of current, modern country artists, but Sam is not making country music, in my opinion. A lot of artists aren't. He's not the only one I'd like to see crossover and continue to make the music they/I enjoy ... I just think some of it should be on different radio mediums.

requiem 01-09-2017 01:19 PM

My love for Coleman Hell runs very deep and I am guessing this is his newest single in waiting. I honestly recommend his entire album 'Summerland' which is a near perfect pop delight.

requiem 01-18-2017 05:20 PM

Newest one from The Chainsmokers.

19wingz 01-19-2017 08:17 AM

Lady A just dropped a new single today. Album out in June!

requiem 01-19-2017 12:25 PM

That was good! I normally don't like Lady A when its not the girl upfront and center but this was a fun party song.

That guitar riff would almost work on alternative radio! I see slight bits of cross over potential.

19wingz 01-20-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by requiem (Post 533207)
Newest one from The Chainsmokers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RhU9MZ98jxo

I need to hear this a couple more times. Not sure what I think about it yet. What do you think Robbie?

ABondgirl00 01-20-2017 03:28 PM

Love all Ed Sheeran

requiem 01-20-2017 06:29 PM

I actually don't like that song or very much else by The Chainsmokers Joe....

I shared the link assuming we had some members who liked that awful 'Closer' song and might like this. Lol

19wingz 01-21-2017 09:18 AM

Ha. I like Closer. Don't hate. But I'm not sure I like this one.

requiem 01-21-2017 10:55 AM

At least 'Closer' was fresh in terms of The Chainsmokers when it came out. I don't like the song, but I get it.

'Paris' feels like the same song without any of the spark. The theme is nearly identical which I think is troublesome.

19wingz 01-21-2017 03:49 PM

Ya, I see what you're saying. I wonder if that's partially why I like Closer and not Paris. Plus, I like the female infusion in Closer.

Lauren Alaina (of AI origination) releases a new album this year. Between this song and Road Less Traveled (with a great message about body image), I'm thinking she will make a name for herself in 2017. Country needs more women!!

https://play.spotify.com/track/47j9C6Nyg76OIRqjnWnrEU

There is no studio version I can find on YouTube but she sounds great when she debuted this song a couple years ago (before it obviously got tabled until she made an album).

19wingz 01-23-2017 09:30 AM

This is a great tune. Newly released. Sung a few years back as this duo has done gigs here and there but being "officially" released now. These 2 are killer songwriters and have won awards for their songs in years past.

requiem 02-01-2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19wingz (Post 533242)
Ya, I see what you're saying. I wonder if that's partially why I like Closer and not Paris. Plus, I like the female infusion in Closer.

Lauren Alaina (of AI origination) releases a new album this year. Between this song and Road Less Traveled (with a great message about body image), I'm thinking she will make a name for herself in 2017. Country needs more women!!

https://play.spotify.com/track/47j9C6Nyg76OIRqjnWnrEU

There is no studio version I can find on YouTube but she sounds great when she debuted this song a couple years ago (before it obviously got tabled until she made an album).

Lauren Alaina debuts a new song - YouTube

I am really digging her 'Road Less Travelled' song! It reminds me a lot of the fun tracks from Leann Rimes first album. I'm still on the fence if I will buy it based on genre, but I'm tempted. It's just a great tune.

19wingz 02-01-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by requiem (Post 533333)
I am really digging her 'Road Less Travelled' song! It reminds me a lot of the fun tracks from Leann Rimes first album. I'm still on the fence if I will buy it based on genre, but I'm tempted. It's just a great tune.

It's also got a great message!!

19wingz 02-03-2017 03:52 PM

Few songs to post.

First - simply CANNOT wait for this movie. I am SO excited for it.

Second - I'm all WTF on this? This group has gone through about 4 identity crises in the past few years. They've officially broken from the country mold and I don't like it. I want "If I Die Young" and "Better Dig Two" back!

Third - New Zac Brown Band song as they gear for their latest album & upcoming tour! Quite the sentimental one. Zac sounds excellent, as always.

Cannot find "Happy People" by Little Big Town on YouTube yet. Will share when I do.

requiem 02-04-2017 09:08 AM

I bought the Ariana song within the first minute it was released! Haha. She NAILS that song as does John, although it took me longer to appreciate his part. Hard to top Celine's version, but I say this is just as good. My hype for this film is completely unreasonable. Lol

The Band Perry song...is certainly not country! Lol. What audience they are trying to reach, I don't know...that wouldn't play well on pop radio because it's just too pop.

I wasn't even going to listen to the Zac Brwon song...but wow it was beautiful. Actually got me a little misty eyed. Lol....I don't think I could pick many male country singers out on their voice. All so similar, but beautiful lyrics.

requiem 02-04-2017 10:31 AM

I'm digging this dudes vibe.

requiem 02-04-2017 10:43 AM

Following the path of Britney, Selena Gomez and many others...Disney's next big hope...and she's got some killer pop hooks!

requiem 02-04-2017 10:54 AM

I'm stunned at how talented this man is and I simply can't wait for his full album. Stunning work.

requiem 02-04-2017 11:11 AM

This gets it's own post.....my goosebumps have goosebumps.

19wingz 02-04-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by requiem (Post 533378)
I bought the Ariana song within the first minute it was released! Haha. She NAILS that song as does John, although it took me longer to appreciate his part. Hard to top Celine's version, but I say this is just as good. My hype for this film is completely unreasonable. Lol

The Band Perry song...is certainly not country! Lol. What audience they are trying to reach, I don't know...that wouldn't play well on pop radio because it's just too pop.

I wasn't even going to listen to the Zac Brwon song...but wow it was beautiful. Actually got me a little misty eyed. Lol....I don't think I could pick many male country singers out on their voice. All so similar, but beautiful lyrics.

Yea, my excitement for the movie is also a little too crazy. Ha. But I seriously cannot wait. I will be like a giddy school girl when I go see it.

And they have officially stated that they are breaking away from country. So I assume their audience is Top 40?

Told you it was beautiful!! It's such a sentimental song but not overly so. His voice is stellar and the story behind the song is touching. Glad you like it.

Now I gotta listen to what you posted!

Before I do ... Ms. Leann Rimes released a new album yesterday. She is releasing this song as her latest single.

19wingz 02-04-2017 12:47 PM

My thoughts.

Andrew McMahon: I think I have heard Fire Escape before, now knowing who sang it. I like that one more than the other. His vibe is fun, but I don't know if he is a standout, tbh. There are some similar voices in the singer/songwriter realm.

Sabrina Carpenter has a killer voice. I agree. She'll be a pop star, soon. I can see it. Not totally my style, but I think it hits the pop sound today.

This Rag'n'Bone man. Who is he?!? Totally did not expect to like his music!! Digging it!!

requiem 02-04-2017 01:30 PM

I'm OBSESSED with Rag'n'Bone at this point!!

He has a pretty big radio hit with 'Human' which I didn't post because it started charting last year, but that one is also stellar....

His voice is MAGIC! And do I ever love his lyrical content! I hope he hits it huge this year, that voice is special.

requiem 02-04-2017 01:34 PM

It's funny you should say that about the Andrew fellow...I like the songs, but I haven't committed to buying them yet. He's also the front man for another well known band that I can't think of.

As for the Band Perry...they might be in trouble. That is just too safe for top 40. They should have taken some risks outside of just switchi genres.

I've held off from buying any of the country songs around here, but I gotta say...it's the first time in a while that there are multiple tracks I would buy, I just need to get over myself "not liking country". Lol.

Have you heard the newest Sam Hunt song Joe? Still not my favourite by him but better than his love song first single.

requiem 02-04-2017 10:41 PM

Whoa. Hold up a minute...what the fuck just happened?! How the hell is Leann releasing bad ass edgy pop songs?! THAT WAS BOSS!!!! The glitchy beat during the second verse was LIFE!!! Already bought and downloaded...

Thanks Joe!!! This is why I love this thread, I would have never known about this song and now it's headed into my heavy rotation. Lol.

requiem 02-05-2017 09:11 AM

I can't believe how much I am loving this Leann track!! It's been on repeat all morning and I've shared it to a few people who are going to think I've gone mad! Hahaha.

"Tired of getting my balls cut off cause you have none" might be my favourite lyric sung by a woman ever.

19wingz 02-05-2017 04:04 PM

You should give her new album a listen. There may be a few songs on there I think you'll enjoy. I can't find many of them on YouTube.

"Love Is Love Is Love" is one that makes quite a statement and has been put out in support of the LGBT community. Glad you like it. I love this thread, too.

And I do like Sam's new one more than Drinkin' Too Much but it isn't Montavello, still. I want more of that!

requiem 02-07-2017 10:52 AM

I didn't really dig anything else on the Rimes record enough to buy....not to say it did have moments where it shined. 'Love line' (I think? Whatever song 2 is) is pretty fun as is 'dang dang' (again, I could have that title wrong.)......I like the message behind 'Love is Love is Love' but with so many empowering songs on the market, I'm not sure this one stands out.

It is a very good record though. I haven't enjoyed her this much since 'Can't Fight The Moonlighht'

Joe, you said this album came out just this week or last week....but it seems to have been released in October of 2016 according to my ITunes. Was is just released earlier up here?

requiem 02-09-2017 11:20 AM

If you have access to Apple Music, they have an exclusive on the bat shit crazy new Lady Gaga video for 'John Wayne' that is totally worth checking out.

Even in my original review of the album 'John Wayne' was my highlight and the video only elevates my thoughts on it. It's the first visually stunning video from her in a VERY long time. It's also funny and totally campy.....WELCOME BACK GAGA!

Fact fact : The director is also behind Gaga's classic 'Telephone' video and it shows. Lol.

Her momentum post super bowl has been staggering. The video, the tour, the RuPaul announcement and her sure to be the highlight Grammy performance with Metallica?!?! Well done to her team for a really well marketed and publicized media blitz.

requiem 02-16-2017 09:47 AM

My favourite band returns with a huge shift in genre. Lyricly it's all Linkin park, sonically...they could land on pop radio. I can't wait to hear the rest in May!