YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   19Wingz Medical Mysteries (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Stage IV Lymphoma (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=14907)

19wingz 06-04-2013 06:35 PM

Ya, I think extensive chemo would be the next option. I'm not 100% confident in my oncological knowledge. it's very minimal from my exposure in the hospitals.

Sphinx 06-04-2013 06:36 PM

Ugh, this makes me sick to my stomach.

MissSouthernLady 06-04-2013 06:36 PM

When my aunt had lukemia and lymphoma in the 80s. She had chemo and radiation. I will be praying for your cousin and your family.

19wingz 06-04-2013 06:40 PM

The fact that it has not been found in any major organ is a light in the dark tunnel. So the treatment will hopefully stop it from spreading to organs that could pose more danger.

Sphinx 06-04-2013 06:41 PM

Thanks Kel, appreciate and thanks Joe for your knowledge! My knowledge of cancer is limited, so I'm just trying to figure it out without resorting to google. Blessing and a curse looking up medical information...

Sphinx 06-04-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19wingz (Post 445612)
The fact that it has not been found in any major organ is a light in the dark tunnel. So the treatment will hopefully stop it from spreading to organs that could pose more danger.

Well that's a blessing at least...although, could they just not have discovered it yet? Or do you think they would have done a catscan/MRI to detect it?

19wingz 06-04-2013 06:45 PM

Oh yes, very true. Blessing and a curse without a doubt on looking up medical knowledge. I just don't know the specifics with treatment, mostly because I didn't do an oncology rotation and only came across it during my more generalized rotations.

Sphinx 06-04-2013 07:25 PM

I don't know, it just makes me sick and sad. She's such an awesome person and we're like kindred spirits. Always laughing and so loving. Probably goes without saying, but we're close and this just pisses/scares/saddens me off so much.

I just don't understand it. Not that there is a way to understand it.

19wingz 06-04-2013 07:31 PM

That's the thing. There isn't a way to and I hate HATE HATE that you are having to go through this with someone so close to you - in age and on many levels. I send you my love, man.

Sphinx 06-04-2013 09:06 PM

I appreciate it! I just hope this is the last of the 'bad news'. She's a tough cookie and always positive and optimistic.

She just said not to worry, that it's the same treatment plan and same prognosis, just more cancer to kill than originally thought.

Excuse me, ain't nobody got time for stage 4 lymphoma. hopefully she'll be in remission soon enough.