YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   Arguers Corner (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Decision 2016 (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=18155)

Yellowdog 04-05-2016 06:57 AM

The American public can't be trusted to have every vote count. The system we have now is made to stop lunatics like Trump.

Sphinx 04-05-2016 08:29 AM

The electoral college is my last hope if Trump comes close to winning the general election.

Isaac 04-09-2016 08:25 AM

I'm getting tired of all this petty BS as well. But am I being far-fetched to suggest this is exactly what our country needs (even Trump as president, which is being far-fetched) for it to wake up and finally realize how pathetic our current political system actually is?

Sphinx 04-09-2016 07:07 PM

No.

Sphinx 04-25-2016 06:56 AM

Cruz and Kasich are teaming up to stop Trump.

I honestly have no idea why Kasich is even still in this.

19wingz 04-25-2016 07:45 AM

Is there a way to sorta just restart this whole process with all new candidates?

Sphinx 04-25-2016 10:26 AM

Where is the fresh blood from either side?

Although, the Republicans are pretty much in disarray. And by pretty much, I mean they either need to reinvent their platform to be more encompassing to the middle or face extinction. I don't think they can do this without performing surgery on the far right, that is dragging them further to the right. When your party is being represented by two extremists in a general election, there is a gigantic problem with your chances.

The Democrats are capitalizing on the liberalization of our country at it's base. The millennials are a driving force behind our culture that is shifting drastically. I think this may also be related, in the history books, to the advent of the Internet. We're connected to the world now and as a result we're learning more about each others' cultures, which is propelling America to recognize our humanity and highlight that. This exposure illuminates the problems in our own society and our drive to change. In the past, I feel like those that had the power marginalized the minorities and underlined those differences to maintain their power. Ultimately, that's why I believe the Republicans are sitting in this position currently.

That being said, Donald Trump is Satan.

Mystycl 04-28-2016 04:51 AM

:clap:

ABondgirl00 04-30-2016 03:54 PM

Sorry to rain on your parade guys.... but i'm a Trump fan. I never argue politics or religion but had to get my 2 cents in. And that's a wrap.

Sphinx 05-03-2016 07:48 PM

I haven't gone on a rant in awhile, but I got into a heated political debate with someone about Trump tonight. He was challenging my statement that Trump stood virtually no chance in the general due to a "divided" political atmosphere (re: Citizen's United, Hispanics growing in population, LGBT rights, Obamacare, etc.) And while I agree that we're 'divided' I think that we're playing up the differences for the sake of the media. I think on a fundamental level, we all agree on certain morals and ethics. Where we differ is where issues of politicization occur, and what the d'jour topic is. In the 1950s and 1960s it was segregation and the Civil Rights Movement. Today, we're experiencing new 'differences' that are shaping the political landscape. The reasons I don't support Donald Trump, the now presumptive nominee for the Republican's side is far and wide.

First, we all know I'm openly gay. I'd rather like to keep my right to marry, and not face endless discrimination. As it stands, I can still be fired in many states for simply being gay. Until you have felt ostracizing eyes lay bare upon your soul for whom you are, you do not understand what it feels to be a minority. Granting rights and then immediately taking them away under the pretext of religious freedom is asinine. And this argument that is ongoing surrounding trans rights is equally appalling. I am tired of reading linkages of pedophilia, that were once ascribed to homosexuals as well when it was first being understood. Instead of trying to understand another human being with empathy, it is simply throwing your hand up and trying to make their life more difficult because of either a lack of experience or desire to understand. Does it really affect you in a negative way if someone marrys? If someone uses a bathroom that identifies with the same gender, but was born a different way? I don't understand it, but I bet it's confusing and society's damning eyes can't help the situation whatsoever.

And then we have all this talk about immigration and rounding up the undocumented and sending them back to Mexico, building a wall - you name it, the discussion is currently occurring. I know plenty of people in Chicago that are undocumented. Does that mean they are a bad person? No. They simply left to make a life better for themselves than could be provided in their current situation. I get the tax aspect of it, but in terms of jobs -- what are they taking? In America we have this 'pride' aspect to our lives that we won't take a low-paying job, because we're better than that. So we pursue education. They can't even get an education, because they don't have a SSN. They don't have these simple things that we were born into. They chose to come here; we were fortunate enough to be born here. And there lays the big difference in what is occurring. So, should we break up families? Have children without parents? Build a wall to "fence" us off in a veiled attempt to keep us from discussing the overaching problem?

And then there is the muslim problem, that Donald Trump lauded banning them all from America. What exactly is that going to resolve? Flip the situation. America is notorious for bombing entire countries out, for whatever reason. What if other countries banned all American's due to Donald Trump? Would that matter to you? Because that is essentially what we're doing. Just banning an entire race of people, because we're afraid they may bomb us.

So is it fear that is propelling the Republican front line or is it bigotry?

In terms of Economics, I side still with the Democrats in terms of welfare, healthcare, taxing, etc. I could go on, and on, and on. Regan's economic plan failed, it was proven over and over yet it still comes up and heralded as the best time ever. For whom? Those that were already rich? Because that is exactly what happened. Capitalism fuels greed, which fuels those that are in power to keep getting the rich richer so that they can keep getting more money. And so it goes.

Are we more divided than ever?

No.

But if you're going to be a lawmaker, you best be in touch with who the people are. Because it sure as hell seems like most of you only know those that have enough money to buy a plate at one of your fancy dinners.

That's not an accurate representation of America. And that's why we "seem more divided than ever."