YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   The Political Yak (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Donald Trump's Presidency (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=18861)

Sphinx 02-02-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by requiem (Post 533351)
Like I said, I'm a liberal (Canadian Liberal) voter and I think the left side has done a great job at many things....the peaceful protests, fighting for the right causes, etc....but there is also a closed minded presence that is def being felt.

I understand it works both ways...But the "Love Trumps Hate" slogan is clearly just words from the left.

Perhaps "just as bad" is an over statement, but it's a different kind of ugly that seemingly goes blind to most.

Let me ask you something: should I open my mind to the fact that a nationalist, xenophobic, misoygnist, pig has taken office and is taking the United States down a dark path? Should I be looking for opportunities to make my life great again, while my rights are beleaguered by people that should have no jurisdiction over it?

Answer: Fuck No.

As for the left participating in abhorrent behaviors, sure. Guess what get's condemned? Those behaviors. Guess what behavior continues to happen on the right without so much as a remonstrance?

Let's call a spade a damn spade.

Yellowdog 02-03-2017 11:58 AM

Those aren't liberals that riot. Let's be honest, most liberals are at Starbucks or watching The Bachelor. Those people that riot are professional rioters that riot from town to town because they are anarchists.

TheKdd 02-04-2017 02:15 AM

There have even been reports of "rioters" getting paid. Berkeley was a big one.

Sure I have seen some stupid stuff, hypocrisy like saying stuff about Melania when the left had been complaining the last 8 about the treatment of Michelle. That's pretty far and few between though.

requiem 02-04-2017 09:50 AM

Yes...so far and few in between and obviously the really bad ones are paid. Hahaha!

I guess all the right wing people who I find crazy must be paid as well ;-)

requiem 02-04-2017 09:52 AM

This kind of attitude is exactly why the liberals lost. Over confident and failing to see their own problems...yet always REALLY quick to point out others.

4 years to fix that.

Sphinx 02-04-2017 10:37 AM

Liberal's lost due to the undercurrent in American society. It had nothing to do with the left's arrogance. It has to do with the fact that there are cross-cutting identities in American society of race/socioeconomics that influence voting patterns, etc. The populist nationalist voice always had a voice in America, it simply never won because other forces existed as well.

I don't attempt to castigate the entire Right in one fell swoop, I prefer to individualize my assails.

19wingz 02-04-2017 12:44 PM

You know what I find odd? The group of people who were Trump supporters pre-election (those who were not the crazy far right, extreme) are all of a sudden hush hush. I don't know if it is because they're just trying to stay quiet or if they are having an "oh shit" moment. I honestly want to hear from them because I want to know their real opinion on him. However, asking them would be considered baiting and I don't want to do that. It just is interesting to me. I saw a few posts on FB from them right after the inauguration but now ... quiet.

Also - can you imagine if an Obama spokesperson came out and said something a la "Bowling Green Massacre?" Why has he not commented on the idiocy of that bitch? Also - why has he YET to make a comment on the tragedy in Quebec. I think one of the biggest regrets (out of many) is that this fool is going to make us the laughing stock of the world and sever our strongest ties with some great nations (i.e. Canada and Australia).

requiem 02-04-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19wingz (Post 533391)
You know what I find odd? The group of people who were Trump supporters pre-election (those who were not the crazy far right, extreme) are all of a sudden hush hush. I don't know if it is because they're just trying to stay quiet or if they are having an "oh shit" moment. I honestly want to hear from them because I want to know their real opinion on him. However, asking them would be considered baiting and I don't want to do that. It just is interesting to me. I saw a few posts on FB from them right after the inauguration but now ... quiet.

Also - can you imagine if an Obama spokesperson came out and said something a la "Bowling Green Massacre?" Why has he not commented on the idiocy of that bitch? Also - why has he YET to make a comment on the tragedy in Quebec. I think one of the biggest regrets (out of many) is that this fool is going to make us the laughing stock of the world and sever our strongest ties with some great nations (i.e. Canada and Australia).

I think a lot of people voted for trump mainly to just not vote for Clinton...I assume they are quiet because they felt helpless regardless. I saw a heartbreaking video of a woman who voted for trump and then felt the blow of it when her immigrant husband was unable to get back into the States.

Canada has its own issues with Shark Tank asshole Kevin O'Leary running for the conservative government in our next election....as well as the fact that we have the most incompetent liberal leader that I have ever seen. Trump is going to walk all over Justin and Justin will just accept it. *eye roll*

Yellowdog 02-04-2017 02:27 PM

I'll take your guy over our guy any day.

19wingz 02-04-2017 05:30 PM

I'd take him, too. I don't think Trump will walk all over him. He's already been quite vocal about Trump's idiocy with the so called ban. He took a stand and I was envious that he wasn't my leader.

Plus, he's a LOT nicer to look at.