YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   Yakkity's Movie and Celeb Central (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Possible Academy Movies 2019 (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=19662)

TheKdd 01-13-2019 01:45 PM

Possible Academy Movies 2019

Anyone watching the nominees yet? Weíve caught a few so far. Green Book was AMAZING. The Favourite was weird but I think Coleman has best actress this year.

Anyone see any of them yet? Recommends?

Mystycl 01-14-2019 12:43 PM

I want to see GREEN BOOK so badly..

TheKdd 01-17-2019 11:15 AM

Green Book was amazing! Loved it.

Just saw Bohemian Rhapsody last night. I was very much looking forward to this. Let me first stress just how much I ADORE Freddie Mercury. When I say ADORE I mean OMG ADORE. Like massive fan nerd.

That said, this could have been much much better. I feel like it was massively watered down. What was an absolutely amazing life was blown by pretty quickly. It felt more Queen promotional than it did a real in depth look at the life of an amazing human being, the good the bad and the ugly.

In the film, it shows that the group was a bit pissed when he chose to do a couple albums solo then came back which I imagine was not only true but much worse than portrayed. I feel like they also didn’t want to focus the story/movie strictly on him for the same reason to be honest. Like there’s jealousy there and they don’t want him to steal focus, still to this day.

Also, the songs were historically out of order, playing their biggest hits during moments in the movie that they hadn’t come out yet. (That’s the Queen fan geek coming out in me.)

I want to say Brian May had a VERY heavy hand on this which I would say was a huge part of the problem. This movie also made him (May) to be a saint in every scenario which I doubt that was true either. He somehow is never part of the drama. That can’t be true. You’re in a band, there’s always some kind of drama.

Otherwise, the acting was decent, but again with a watered down story it was hard to see what the actors could have done with it. I’m not sure this justified a Globe win. Green abook so far definitely out shined it. Going to watch Beale Street soon, I’ll be back lol

Yellowdog 01-17-2019 06:02 PM

Green Book has my man, Sebastian Maniscalco, in it.

As for Bohemian Rhapsody, Sacha Baron Cohen was first supposed to play Freddie Mercury, but they had a falling out when Cohen said that Brian May and the rest of the band wanted a lot of it to be about the band, rather than about Mercury. And he said they were too obsessed with keeping Mercury's legacy pure rather than showing a lot of the crazier stuff.

requiem 01-18-2019 01:15 AM

I’m a little shocked that Bohemian is getting so much love. It was okay at best although the actor playing Freddie did a really great job. Otherwise, the movie felt too empty to be a contender.

In a personal note, I’m seeing Queen with Adam Lambert in July :-)

Mystycl 01-18-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by requiem (Post 544751)
Iím a little shocked that Bohemian is getting so much love. It was okay at best although the actor playing Freddie did a really great job. Otherwise, the movie felt too empty to be a contender.

In a personal note, Iím seeing Queen with Adam Lambert in July :-)

so jealous!

Mystycl 01-18-2019 12:34 PM

going to the movies tonight, actually, to see THE UPSIDE with kevin hart and brian cranston... i know it isnt nominated but I will share my thoughts....

19wingz 01-22-2019 06:01 PM

I suck at seeing movies. Grr.

ABondgirl00 01-23-2019 12:55 PM

I'm a big fan of Adam Lambert! So happy when he went Platinum after losing to someone {i can't even remember his name} on AI simply because of his sexual preference.

requiem 01-24-2019 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABondgirl00 (Post 544790)
I'm a big fan of Adam Lambert! So happy when he went Platinum after losing to someone {i can't even remember his name} on AI simply because of his sexual preference.

He lost to Kris Allen...Who was very talented. I remember being a huge Adam fan back then but didnít think he was amazing in the finals.

When Kris sang his slowed down version of that Kayne song, I knew he would win! Lol. Adam has the last laugh, but I donít think his sexuality was totally the cause.