YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   Yakkity's Tunes (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   New Music 2017 (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=18833)

requiem 02-16-2017 10:53 AM

New Maroon 5....one trippy ass video!

requiem 02-16-2017 10:54 AM

New Selena Gomez and the first since she took a break from the spotlight.

19wingz 02-16-2017 11:53 AM

I don't have Apple Music. I'm gonna need to check out those songs!!

Leann's album was released in the UK (and I guess Canada) in Oct but here in the US during the first week of Feb.

requiem 02-16-2017 01:47 PM

The Linkin Park song is def feeling a backlash from its long time fans that want angry death metal again. Haha.

I saw a comment where someone called Linkin Park.....Coldplay!!! Haha. I assume they would take that as a compliment. Lol.

Just watched them perform live on Facebook with just a piano and it was so beautiful. Chester's voice is a beautiful instrument.

requiem 02-16-2017 05:08 PM

I'm late to the Hey Violet party, but she has some great songs.

requiem 02-16-2017 05:15 PM

High octane girl fronted pop music...this is clearly where I most often stay in musically...and I love it! Lol...I like songs that I would imagine I would do if I were a drag queen. Haha

requiem 02-16-2017 05:32 PM

Newest Ariana single...I'm really hoping she releases 'Greedy' as a single with an amazing video, but when every song on an album is single worthy, it's gotta be tough to pick. Either way, I really like this song...but I like every song on the last Ariana album. Lol

requiem 02-16-2017 05:37 PM

Another artist I adore completely! I've been pushing him pretty hard for a few years now and his debut full length album was fantastic. Almost any song could be a potential single.

requiem 02-16-2017 05:42 PM

New visual from the criminally underrated One Republic album 'My Oh My'

Mystycl 02-17-2017 01:21 PM

i really like one republic..... and THAT one, OMFG!! his voice is amazing

and ariana is growing on me...

requiem 02-17-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystycl (Post 533722)
i really like one republic..... and THAT one, OMFG!! his voice is amazing

and ariana is growing on me...

Ryan is such an amazing songwriter and singer!! This is def the album highlight.

Ariana <3!!!!! I think she has really come around attitude wise since doughnut-Gate. Even if it is just for the public, it's nice to see her a touch more grounded.

Plus dat album!! Oh lord, so good!!! I don't think I enjoy a current pop star more than her right now. Lol

19wingz 02-21-2017 07:32 AM

I am OBSESSED with the album, "Hero," but this has been one of my faves from the album since it was released and now it's going to be a single. Of course, she killed it with Alicia, but this deserves a post, IMO.

requiem 02-21-2017 02:16 PM

She is doing very well for herself.

requiem 03-02-2017 10:27 AM

New Bruno video....reminds me of a monochromatic version of 'the good life' by Kanye.

19wingz 03-02-2017 12:30 PM

I do like this song now that I hear more of it.

requiem 03-02-2017 01:00 PM

HUGE GASP!!!!! New Lorde!! Great song and sonically very upbeat compared to anything on her past album. This is really great!

19wingz 03-02-2017 02:00 PM

Did she just drop this? Was it expected she'd have new music?

I like it!

requiem 03-02-2017 05:25 PM

Just dropped it this afternoon, yes! Been teasing it all week.

New album and tour coming....she is doing snl this month, so we should get another new song then as well.

requiem 03-03-2017 09:27 AM

I'm not sure I've ever heard a song use "bleached asshole" in a song before. Hahaha. I literally had to start over again because that threw me off.

Great new album!! Currently really digging these two...but it's another album of endless "single" choices.

requiem 03-03-2017 09:31 AM

Newest offering from the B&TB soundtrack.

19wingz 03-03-2017 09:53 AM

OMG Groban?!?

And I'm slowly making my way through Divide. I love Dive, so far. Haven't gotten to those 2 yet, Robbie.

Mystycl 03-03-2017 01:55 PM

fun facts....

justin beiber and ed sheeran are really good friends.... apparently they went out to a dive bar, got SHIT FACED, and for reasons only the alcohol knows, went to a golf course... justin laid down and put the ball in his mouth, and BEGGED ed to hit it.... needless to say, justin's faced is FUCKED! LMAO
(gossip from the radio)

requiem 03-03-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19wingz (Post 533855)
OMG Groban?!?

And I'm slowly making my way through Divide. I love Dive, so far. Haven't gotten to those 2 yet, Robbie.

Dive is great! Really liking 'Perfect' as well <3

requiem 03-03-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystycl (Post 533864)
fun facts....

justin beiber and ed sheeran are really good friends.... apparently they went out to a dive bar, got SHIT FACED, and for reasons only the alcohol knows, went to a golf course... justin laid down and put the ball in his mouth, and BEGGED ed to hit it.... needless to say, justin's faced is FUCKED! LMAO
(gossip from the radio)

This is crazy!! Why does Justin have to be so stupid?! Lol...Focus on positive moments buddy!

Ed has some pretty strange stories lately! He is delightful.

Mystycl 03-03-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by requiem (Post 533866)
This is crazy!! Why does Justin have to be so stupid?! Lol...Focus on positive moments buddy!

Ed has some pretty strange stories lately! He is delightful.

alcohol=stupid ALMOST every single time..LOL

i can just picture the whole thing and it makes me laugh my ass off! :rofl:

19wingz 03-03-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by requiem (Post 533853)
I'm not sure I've ever heard a song use "bleached asshole" in a song before. Hahaha. I literally had to start over again because that threw me off.

Great new album!! Currently really digging these two...but it's another album of endless "single" choices.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EwzD8U4u76k

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gL-WVjvzu34

Love these two. A lot. Also loving "Perfect," too, Robbie! I agree! I kinda wish it allowed for play at a same sex wedding one day. I'd so use it. LOL I also like "What Do I Know?" That's as far as I've made it so far. Trying to really take them in. Totally buying the album.

19wingz 03-10-2017 10:10 PM

Instant gratification with this song. Loving it.

19wingz 03-10-2017 10:21 PM

Also, love this. Her voice is stellar. She is SO underrated in Nashville and beyond.

requiem 03-16-2017 02:37 PM

I like the chorus and bridge of 'Church Clothes' but the verses just seem like she listing things off meaninglessly. Lol. This is just far too traditional for my likes and religious themes always throw me off. BUT I LISTENED TO THE WHOLE SONG! So it must be okay, most don't last a minute.

Which brings me to Zac Brown...lol...I dunno. After "My Old Man" that just doesn't do it for me. Again, I think it's the traditionalism. Probably a very good song, I'm not in the demographic to say otherwise.

requiem 03-16-2017 02:48 PM

Well.....The Chainsmokers got me! Hahaha. Crafty little buggers getting Coldplay to sing with them! Lol. Chris Martin's voice really excels in the dance genre. Any time he has dabbled in more EDM vibes, I have been totally on board. He is a lot more versatile than his reputation.

But I think it's time I start taking The Chainsmokers seriously. They have reached some pretty lofty heights in a short period of time and looking at some of their stats, it's hard to keep denying them.

'Closer' is now tied with LeAnn Rimes for the most time ever spent in the Billboard Hot 100's Top 10 at 32 weeks, the some also debuted in the top 10 and holds the record for the longest time spent in the top 10 with a debut...and have also spent the most time in the top 5 ever.

Recently...they became only the third duo or group to place 3 songs in the Hot 100's top 10 at the same time, along with The Beatles and The Bee Gees (with Closer, Paris and Something Just Like This)....They are also 1 week away from tying Ace of Base as the group with the most consecutive weeks in the Billboard Top 10 at 46 weeks, a number they are going to break very soon (The all time record is Katy Perry with 76 consecutive weeks)

The records they are breaking are endless at this moment so I'll stop myself. Lol.

Enjoy their new Coldplay song, it's delightful

19wingz 03-21-2017 06:55 PM

Ooo I had no idea they were going to collaborate with Coldplay!

19wingz 04-02-2017 06:31 PM

I don't think this has been posted. I LOVE Maren Morris, as we have discussed previously.

Her new single. Obsessed. When the ACM Live performance is posted, I'll share if I can. Flawless.

requiem 04-05-2017 10:02 AM

Did you hear who new duet with some country fellow? Thought of you right away Joe.

Side country note...Flordia Georgia Line is posed for another huge cross over hit soon. They are featured on the new Chainsmokers album.

requiem 04-05-2017 10:04 AM

Fun music fact!!

The years biggest track 'Shape of You' by Ed Sheeran just has an interesting new set of writers added to the credits of the song.

The writers of the 1997 song 'No Scrubs' by TLC are now credited on Ed's new song due to some similarities in the melody. I just listened and I wouldn't have picked it out myself, but there are certainly a few parts of Ed's song where you can sing the lyrics for 'No Scrubs' for sure!!

Hasn't Ed done this before as well? A few times perhaps?

Mystycl 04-14-2017 04:19 PM

COOL TUNE!!

Mystycl 04-14-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by requiem (Post 534193)
fun music fact!!

The years biggest track 'shape of you' by ed sheeran just has an interesting new set of writers added to the credits of the song.

The writers of the 1997 song 'no scrubs' by tlc are now credited on ed's new song due to some similarities in the melody. I just listened and i wouldn't have picked it out myself, but there are certainly a few parts of ed's song where you can sing the lyrics for 'no scrubs' for sure!!

Hasn't ed done this before as well? A few times perhaps?

again? Ppffttt

requiem 04-14-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystycl (Post 534260)

This was my favourite track when I first got the album. So much fun!

19wingz 04-15-2017 11:05 AM

I did not know that about "Shape of You." I need to listen again and see if I hear "No Scrub." LOL

And yes. She does a duet with Thomas Rhett. I'm not a fan of the song. Too poppy. It is so not her. I'm curious on her decision to join him on the song. Maybe exposure? She does add soul to the song. I just love Maren.

And ugh. FGL. Just let them go pop and let me be rid of them already.

19wingz 04-15-2017 11:20 AM

Big news with lots of new Stapleton to be released this year. One of the latest.

requiem 04-16-2017 09:39 AM

That song ain't too bad! It's got just as much rock and gospel as it does country! I heard he was set for a big year, debuting two album?! Dude must be confident.

In other country news...Sam Hunt's 'Baby Like A Back Road' is the first country song since 'Cruize' by FGL to enter the BillBoard Hot 100's "Top 10" this past week. No plans for an album any time soon as it sounds like he is opting to be "a singles artist" for a bit.