YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   Live at Five with Yakkity Yaks (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Pulse - Orlando LGBT Club Shooting (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=18598)

Sphinx 06-13-2016 07:58 PM

Pulse - Orlando LGBT Club Shooting

I know Sheldon said he was safe, but I'm still just totally shocked by the news.

PinkFreak 06-13-2016 10:37 PM

I talked to Robbie about this earlier today, but even though this couldn't have happened further away from me here in the US, it feels to me like it was next door. So many lives, just gone. I've been reading about these victims & it's just devistating ��

Mystycl 06-14-2016 04:01 AM

senseless!!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE THAT IS NOT MILITARY NEEDS TO OWN AN ASSAULT RIFLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth 06-14-2016 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystycl (Post 528766)
senseless!!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE THAT IS NOT MILITARY NEEDS TO OWN AN ASSAULT RIFLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus, the guy had been interviewed on more than one occasion by the FBI! He should have never been approved to purchase guns of any kind.

I'm a gun owner -- I have a license to carry -- but I believe strongly in having more strict regulations in background checking and restrictions for gun ownership.

PinkFreak 06-14-2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 528770)
Plus, the guy had been interviewed on more than one occasion by the FBI! He should have never been approved to purchase guns of any kind.

I'm a gun owner -- I have a license to carry -- but I believe strongly in having more strict regulations in background checking and restrictions for gun ownership.

Same here... I really don't understand why there is opposition towards not approving people on the 'No Fly List' to buy guns. To me that is a no-brainer...

grandmamichelf 06-14-2016 01:52 PM

I just see no need for people to own assault weapons. Do they want to go out in the forest and mow down 50 deer in one fell swoop? It's asinine and the NRA needs to wake their asses up.

No one wants to take anyone's hunting rifle and/or handgun or whatever. We just don't want people being able to have an assault weapon that's ONLY use is to kill a lot of people at one time.

I'm so glad Sheldon is safe. But it is breaking my heart. That one mother...omg...and the text to the mom...I just cried and cried.

Sheldon 06-14-2016 05:38 PM

I am safe everyone. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. The entire city is feeling the love from around the world while we are still reeling from the shock of this senseless tragedy. It's still hard to believe it could have happened here, and it's even tougher to know it could have been any one of the clubs that I've been to on a regular basis.

It's all just too much to process. I think I'm still in shock from the reality of it.

ABondgirl00 06-15-2016 02:45 PM

OH Sheldon! My heart goes out to you and all those that this horrendous act has touched. I thank God that you were not in harm's way.

Sphinx 06-16-2016 07:13 AM

It's just beyond senseless. I am very glad you're safe Shelly :)

Sheldon 06-16-2016 10:14 AM

Thank you, everyone. It's been a tough week, but the shock is finally wearing off. It's still very emotional, especially when you drive around town and see the #OrlandoStrong and #OrlandoUnited billboards everywhere. There's a reminder everywhere you go, so it's hard to go anywhere to get away from it for a while.