YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   Survivor (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=301)
-   -   Survivor : Winners At War (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=19799)

requiem 02-12-2020 05:08 PM

Survivor : Winners At War

So excited for this to start tonight!

Mystycl 02-16-2020 07:27 AM

its got some of the folks i cant stand on it, so dont think imma watch...

requiem 02-18-2020 05:17 PM

Iím curious who you hate so much that you are going to not watch!!! Haha. This type of thing is likely never going to happen again in our lifetime, that includes all reality shows. Iím wicked stoked! Lol

requiem 02-18-2020 05:31 PM

So the first episode was great! It was a double.

All the challenges were survivor classics. I assume that trend will repeat all season.

Not 100% sure how I feel about the fire tokens. Iíll wait to see how that plays out.

Iím enjoying Ben, even more so when he is shirtless. Haha. He is playing a super strange strategic game and it is interesting to watch.

Iím really impressed with Sophie. I know...WHAT?! She was super bratty and I donít completely agree that she deserved to win more than Coach. Not a Sophie fan. But something is different, I feel her energy. She has done her well. I canít believe Iím saying this...but Iím putting my episode 1 choice to win on her. #TeamSophie

Rob is playing more aggressively than I would have thought. Itís impressive, but is going to burn out quickly. Same goes for Parvati. Love that they teamed up, but they need to get their egos in check and play better social games.

Yul is coming off very strongly as well. I am super excited to see him back, but think he needs to chill just a bit.

Sandra is playing a much better game than the last time we seen her. I wouldnít say it is a new approach for her, but back to the more likeable Pearl Islandís girl. Oh! And she was able to purchase an Idol, so thatís going to be fun! Haha

Amber and Natalie were voted out. Canít say either of them totally thrilled me the first time so Iím happy with these eliminations.

requiem 02-20-2020 08:07 AM

When they announced the list of returning winners, 4 of them stood out as people that I didnít think really earned a ďWinners At WarĒ title.

2 of the 4 were eliminated last week. Amber who rode coat tails on her win and Natalie who I respect, but she won in a season where virtually everyone was unfamiliar with the game.

This week, we lost another! Danni, goodbye! This girl didnít stand out in her season, being completely outplayed by Stephanie and Raif. Nice enough woman, but she REALLY stood out as someone who wasnít going to be able to keep up.

If we lose Michelle next week, then Iím completely stacked for the rest of the season. Haha.

As for this weeks thoughts...

Rob is impressive. I canít help but repeat that. Impressive. His hold on this tribe is weird and getting everyone to open their bags at tribal was a masterclass. He is still setting himself up too high, but itís fun to watch until then.

But the bag revel also really solidified how I feel Denise is doing here. She is a smart and thoughtful woman who is laying seeds and building her foundations. Her ability to hide that idol during the bag search was phenomenal thinking under pressure.

Sophie and Denise. 2 to watch out for.

Iím not a big Tony fan. He deserves to be here, just not a huge fan. But gosh he is entertaining. The ladder was crazy pants. Haha. I had completely forgot that Tony and Sarah has played together in the past. It seems like everyone else has as well. Could be great for both of them.

Iím hoping that the EOE doesnít provide too many advantages. It seems like there is a lot going around after just 3 eliminations.

Oh! KIM!! I have to mention how awful she is playing this season. Trusting Sophie with the 2nd half of that idol over Tyson?! What!? I get her intention to build trust, but that was not even remotely well thought out.

Till next week!

#TeamSophie

Mystycl 02-21-2020 08:34 AM

first off, i quit watching after season 4

but i cant stand rob... he's enough for me to not watch. prolly wouldnt have anyway, but he sealed it. LOL
i'm so glad youre stoked! hope its everything you hoped itd be ♥

Mystycl 02-21-2020 08:35 AM

but i do see several folks reading your posts... .please continue ♥

requiem 02-21-2020 10:22 AM

Totally fair! Lol. I totally see Rob as polarizing. The people Iím watching it with sent the biggest fans of his either.

Miss you!

grandmamichelf 02-21-2020 09:22 PM

I actually am loving this show.
Sorry Amber got voted out so quickly. Am really bummed Parvati is there. Absolutely cannot stand that woman.
I used to not like Rob, but he's better now so I"m okay with that. And I think Sandra needs to quit calling herself the queen because she was given at least two of her wins.
Love seeing all these players. Am so glad to see Ethan again.
Not sure I really care for Tony but then, he's just out there sometimes.
That whole ladder thing was a hoot!!!!

grandmamichelf 02-21-2020 09:23 PM

And speaking of nothing, why did it look like Dani was getting lip botox injections. I swear...LOL!!!

requiem 02-24-2020 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmamichelf (Post 547622)
I actually am loving this show.
Sorry Amber got voted out so quickly. Am really bummed Parvati is there. Absolutely cannot stand that woman.
I used to not like Rob, but he's better now so I"m okay with that. And I think Sandra needs to quit calling herself the queen because she was given at least two of her wins.
Love seeing all these players. Am so glad to see Ethan again.
Not sure I really care for Tony but then, he's just out there sometimes.
That whole ladder thing was a hoot!!!!

I do see a very different Parv this time. She hasnít had much screen time, but you can tell that being a wife and mother has calmed her some.

Awww! Sandra earned her first win. She beat Lil and well, Lil was awful. Lol...But she has never been the Queen, I agree with you completely!

And Dani totally got those lips done!

Mystycl 02-29-2020 06:22 PM

So glad someone is watching with you....
Miss you too... ♥

terpkings 02-29-2020 06:54 PM

love this season. Rob is showing why he is so feared by other players but at some point he will be voted out. I think they will have a tribe change shortly so the players don't get comfortable. If Yul plays it a little softer, I think he will be the one to beat at the merge because it is tough not to like him and he is strong competitor.

requiem 03-01-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terpkings (Post 547641)
love this season. Rob is showing why he is so feared by other players but at some point he will be voted out. I think they will have a tribe change shortly so the players don't get comfortable. If Yul plays it a little softer, I think he will be the one to beat at the merge because it is tough not to like him and he is strong competitor.

I agree totally that Yul could win with a slightly softened attitude at the merge.

Rob is amazing. Itís hard not to be in awe of him. He lost Ethan this week, but also ruined Adam at the same time. AMAZING! I hope he isnít vote out too soon. Heís never been voted out post merge, so thatís what Iím hopeful for.

Also agree on a tribe swap soon. Need to see Rob and Sandra on a tribe together soon!!!

Season is great! Still rooting for Sophie, loving her style. Sarah is pulling up as well. Same with Denise. In generally, loving a lot of the ladies!

requiem 03-18-2020 08:07 PM

One of the best episode of this show. Period!

The ended literally had the entire viewing party (okay, 3 of us) hollering. It was AMAZING television.

Sandra getting voted out with her own idol?!?! Denise, you are officially in the Survivor hall of fame with that move and if anything happens to Sophie, you have my vote!

Denise is playing a great game. Sophie and Sarah as well. These 3 are rocking my Surivor world...and I wasnít huge fans of any of them the first go around so this is fun!

We lost another great one tonight. She was a long shot from the start and her heart didnít seem very into it...but itís still sad to see Parvati get voted out. She is such an icon, I wish she lasted longer.

Did I mention that Denise single handedly voted out Sandra with an Idol Denise got from Sandra? Haha! God damn this was good!

So we are getting closer to the merge...The 3 biggest names are now on EOE, with Boston Rob/Parvati/Sandra now on their last legs...Who is Left?

Ben (Playing a really interesting, very different game)
Michelle (My least favourite. By far.)
Sarah (Smart, Social)
Denise (Making Big, little waves all season. Getting a winners edit)
Adam (Has lucked out. If he makes it to the merge he makes it far.)
Jeremy (Jeremy doesnít seem himself. Out soon.)
Tony (All over the place. Again. How did he win?)
Nick (Not playing his own game...again)
Sophie (Same as Denise. Great edit)
Yul (Getting an odd Edit. Trying to be the leader, out soon)
Wendel (Kind of an asshole)
Kim (Clawing her way back slowly. She is amazing.)

PinkFreak 03-19-2020 12:19 PM

With this coronavirus thing... I might be able to binge watch some of these shows I haven't had the time to watch anymore!! I have quite a few I'd like to watch, and this season of Survivor sounds like a must see :)

grandmamichelf 03-19-2020 08:09 PM

I'm with you, requiem. Absolutely fabulous night of Survivor. Two people I wanted to see gone since the beginning.
Could never stand either of those women even though I can't fault their game play in their respective seasons!
Buh-bye, Sandra. The queen is done! I'm just loving this completely. Loving it!

This is an awesome season! Now if Michelle would only go because she annoys me to no end. LOL!!!

Tina 03-19-2020 11:41 PM

Last night was epic. I was sitting there thinking omg denise vote out sandra!!!!! tony seemed sure it was him. buh bye sandra. Just said that my Boston Rob my favorite player ever is on the island with Amber. Right after sandra said she considered Denise no threat, so classic!!!! Just when I was mad at everyone for voting off Rob drew me back in.

requiem 04-02-2020 06:48 AM

Jeff just called this the best season of survivor ever. He might not be wrong.

We had the EOE return challenge today. Most of the players used a fire token for an advantage in the challenge. I have some issues with this. First, itís a little unfair that Yul has no chance what so ever to earn fire tokens. That seems like an oversight benefiting people like Natalie who were eliminated first. Secondly, I donít think that the players were told they would lose any remaining fire tokens after this challenge. If they did, I feel like Amber would have used an advantage instead of giving her tokens to Rob.

We were collectively rootin for Natalie over here and she did well...But Tyson won and Iím okay with that. I see good things coming from him and I will be interested to see what he can do with Kim over the coming weeks. The entire challenge was so well editing and made for great tv. Really thought Rob was going to win that.

We are at the merge now and there isnít a clear division of people although it seems like threats vs not threats will be a theme going forward (they are all threats, so really itís just smart wording by someone). Adam is totally the cockroach of the season. Iím enjying his time on the show, but he is playing just an AWFUL game. Haha.

Iím still 100% team Sofhie. I think she is playing a brilliant game.

Glad Wendell is gone. He seemed a little mean this season. I was just reading his exit interview with EW and was glad to find out that the fighting with Michelle was all an act. They had come up with that plan prior to filming. It seemed a little out on, but glad to know all the same.

Jeff says next episode is even better. Canít wait.

Like to see Michelle go next. In a perfect world.

requiem 04-02-2020 06:49 AM

Oh! We are done with EOE for a while after this season. Jeff is well aware that it is not loved by most.

grandmamichelf 04-04-2020 08:09 PM

I"d like to see Sophie and Michelle gone along with Tony. Although Tony does entertain me.
I like Jeremy.
Glad to know the EOE will be gone. It's an annoying part of the game.

And I don't care what Sandra says on Twitter. She quit because she wasn't going to win. And she didn't even compete in the challenges. She ALWAYS sat out. Queen my ass. She was no queen.

requiem 04-16-2020 06:13 AM

Not sure I had cried that much on a survivor episode in a while. It was pretty heartwarming to see all those families together. Was a little bummed that they opted not to give Natalie screen time with her loved one and that baby. Who was the woman? Is Natalie a lesbian? Is that her baby? I HAVE QUESTIONS!!

I canít say enough how great this season has been. The previous two seasons had me wondering if I just wasnít as excited about the show anymore, this one has me back in line.

What do we think of Jeremy using that ďleave tribalĒ advantage when his numbers were really counting on him. Good short term move, terrible long?

Thought Kim was finally having a moment at tribal. When those first two Denise votes were read, I was shouting at the tv. SOOO GOOD!! We had the leave tribal, a steal a vote and a hidden idol all played tonight.

If Iím not mistaken, that means the only advantage left is Sophieís idol?

Looking like a final 5 of Ben, Nick, Tony, Sarah and Sophie...with 2 variables.
1) Ben & Nick realize this puts them at 4th and 5th and make a move. Sarah & Tony are together. Sarah and Sophie are together. Based on current paths, this seems like the likely final 3.
2) Tony reverts back to how he played the first season he played and then all rules are out...and based on the next week preview, this is REALLY possible.

requiem 04-16-2020 06:15 AM

The only thing that will ruin this season for me is if Michelle or Nick win. They have played the exact same games that made me feel they didnít earn their win (against Aubrey and Mike respectively.) A little harsh I know, but I really hope someone is rewarded for playing full tilt.

grandmamichelf 04-17-2020 07:29 PM

I loved that episode. It was so wonderful to see not only one family member, but kids. So cool!

I can't stand a Sarah, Michelle, Sophie win. I don't mind Nick. I hate that Tyson got voted off.
I think Jeremy did the right thing because he was gone for sure.
I hate that tribal council has become these gatherings. Just so strange to me. I like it before all the 'get up and whisper' shit.

requiem 04-18-2020 06:31 AM

I use to like the tribal whispers, but itís overplayed at this point. I want in on the fun and the whispering leaves me out as a viewer.