YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   19Wingz Medical Mysteries (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Not sure what's wrong with me (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=15321)

grandmamichelf 07-26-2013 10:06 PM

Not sure what's wrong with me

Because ya'll are like family to me, I just had to share something. I've been having abdominal pain for the past two weeks since I ate a China Buffet that we normally don't go to.

Then the past four days, the pain has been constant, from a dull ache to a flaming pain. There is something else happening that I won't share here because it would gross me out to read it. I went to the doctor today. I have to have a colonoscopy (last one I had was 7 years ago) and some other oscopy thing that goes through your mouth to your stomach so they can look at my stomach and see what's going on. Or if this is anything going on.

I'm scared. Since my older brother died from colon cancer in 2001, this really worries me now. But I have a deep faith in God so I know He walks with me through this. There are several things it could be besides cancer as the doctor explained. The one thing they decided is not to put me in the hospital since I'm not throwing up blood. (Gag, that just sounds gross).

Anyway, just wanted to put this out there in case I get really bitchy in the next couple of weeks waiting for the Tricare approval to get the tests done. Besides the doctor said I MUST (not ifs, ands, or buts) quit smoking on Monday. Nice of her to give me the weekend to prepare.

Tina 07-27-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmamichelf (Post 459091)
Because ya'll are like family to me, I just had to share something. I've been having abdominal pain for the past two weeks since I ate a China Buffet that we normally don't go to.

Then the past four days, the pain has been constant, from a dull ache to a flaming pain. There is something else happening that I won't share here because it would gross me out to read it. I went to the doctor today. I have to have a colonoscopy (last one I had was 7 years ago) and some other oscopy thing that goes through your mouth to your stomach so they can look at my stomach and see what's going on. Or if this is anything going on.

I'm scared. Since my older brother died from colon cancer in 2001, this really worries me now. But I have a deep faith in God so I know He walks with me through this. There are several things it could be besides cancer as the doctor explained. The one thing they decided is not to put me in the hospital since I'm not throwing up blood. (Gag, that just sounds gross).

Anyway, just wanted to put this out there in case I get really bitchy in the next couple of weeks waiting for the Tricare approval to get the tests done. Besides the doctor said I MUST (not ifs, ands, or buts) quit smoking on Monday. Nice of her to give me the weekend to prepare.

Sorry you feel crappy Grandma! But glad you are having a colonoscopy. I've been having problems for like two years with a left side pain that they can't figure out. I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy a few months ago, all at once. It came back that I had some diverticulitis but it was a relief to find out there was no colon cancer. I'm hoping you get the same result. Think positive, sounds like I wouldn't eat at that restaurant again! Hopefully it's something minor. Thinking of you. Please make sure you let us know the outcome!! xoxo

19wingz 07-27-2013 11:49 AM

Grandma, I dont think you eating out had anything to do with it, to be honest. I think that's just coincidental. If you wanna PM me your other symptom, I might be able to help more? But then again, you are seeing a GI for your scopes so they will be more than knowledgeable to work it out with you. Just think positive and we're here for ya!! :)

TheKdd 07-27-2013 07:13 PM

When is your appointment? Keep us updated please.

grandmamichelf 07-27-2013 10:00 PM

Have to wait for Tricare to approve the referrals. I'll let everyone know.

Wingz, sending you a PM just to let you know what's going on.

SassyGal 07-27-2013 11:41 PM

hugs & prayers!!

I am going to say maybe the spices are the very thing that helped you to find this so you could be taken care of!

BigBrotherFly 07-28-2013 08:40 AM

I think it's just coincidental that you had pains after the buffet. I'm trying to think what could have happened.. ;( Sorry Grandma that you're going through this.

Cathy 07-28-2013 09:03 AM

Grandma we will keep positive thoughts and prayers for you

aztekpm 07-28-2013 09:03 AM

Hugs and prayers Grand.

Elizabeth 07-28-2013 05:52 PM

Sorry you have this worry in your life. The not knowing is always the worst, but hopefully you will have answers soon.

And .... I used to smoke ..... quitting isn't easy, but I'm here to tell you, you will feel so much better when you've stopped. Good luck!