YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   Yak Big Brother 1: The Last Yak Stabled (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=345)
-   -   The Vegas Thread: Big Brother Last Yak Stabled (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=13587)

Mikey 09-27-2012 11:22 AM

PM me on how you moved it, and I can try to retrace your steps. I think I may have a lead on something lol. Switching to shiney biege gave me some insight into the problem lol. Bingo wasn't giving me all the facts.

Mystycl 09-27-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 412057)
That's what I'm trying to figure out Kel. I'm not sure what exaclty happened when Myst moved things back (not blaming you Myst!) but i'm hoping it's just a setting of some sort. I realize you all may be uspet about this, but it was never intended to happen. We did consider deleting things in the beginning, but later changed our minds. It didn't really make much sense in the long run. That's why I wanted to take them out of rotation for a few days to get the front pages all shined up with ne graphics and informatin on S2. But, now I don't know what's going on lol.

jury thread is fine....

Mystycl 09-27-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 412060)
PM me on how you moved it, and I can try to retrace your steps. I think I may have a lead on something lol. Switching to shiney biege gave me some insight into the problem lol. Bingo wasn't giving me all the facts.

i use shiny and its the default

Mikey 09-27-2012 11:24 AM

Bingo wasn't showing me the part where it mentions a redirect. So, at least we know contacting TK will likely solve the problem. Whenever she get's around to it today/tonight/tomorrow I'm sure it'll all be fixed.

Mikey 09-27-2012 11:36 AM

Did you do the announcements thread too? That one I'm working on fully updating and inserting all challenges/shows in chronological order and renaming "BBLYS: Season 1 DVD" haha. That way people who want to just see comps and major events and highlights can do so. Then of course, we'll have the house thread for those who want to see the live feed version.

Mystycl 09-27-2012 11:38 AM

no
just the jury and house.... they moved to where they were suppose to go, you should see them.
but....
the house is empty... the post counts were messed up BEFORE I MOVED THEM BACK

Mikey 09-27-2012 11:40 AM

This whole thing is just weird to me. I don't get why they would disappear. They were just there last night...sigh.

TheKdd 09-27-2012 12:00 PM

Why do you people always find a way to make my life harder? WHY DARNIT! WHY! LMAO j/k :)

I will go look and see what the heck is going on....

Mikey 09-27-2012 12:05 PM

That's what you get for winning! Ha.

PinkFreak 09-27-2012 12:26 PM

In Robbie's defense, Mikey had discussed with a couple people his plans to delete season 1 totally, and when the post counts went down, he went MIA for days & no word of his return or his plans... It was easy to jump to this conclusion, I did as well. Can't say much more than that from my end out of respect for Mikey... Or making myself look like a total ass cuz not everyone knows the whole story which is not my story to tell. I understand why Robbie was upset, he takes his BB games seriously & you can all see from his account of the season, along with his DR's, he plays with passion & studies it as well! I like the Yak world outside of this thread much better these days... So that's where I'll be.

Mystycl 09-27-2012 12:34 PM

when did post counts go down?

Sheldon 09-27-2012 12:46 PM

Yak Big Brother: Bringing DRAMA into our post-game lives!

:lmao:

PinkFreak 09-27-2012 12:47 PM

The post counts were down as soon as Robbie discovered the threads were gone... Before anything was said here...

Mikey 09-27-2012 12:50 PM

I believe the post count has to do with the missing posts (clearly, as that makes the most sense lol). However, it would be my best guess that they will return to normal if (and I only use that term in the event that theres a small chance she can't fix the problem) TK get's to the root of the problem.

Mystycl 09-27-2012 12:56 PM

ok.... still looking

Mikey 09-27-2012 01:01 PM

I've got my fingers crossed! I just don't see how the house would have disappeared and not the jury? You do all realize we're going to have to send TK a goodie basket, right? :)

Mystycl 09-27-2012 01:04 PM

i have posts missing from this thread........ what the fuck?

Mikey 09-27-2012 01:15 PM

I was experimenting with a few things to try and fix our other issue earlier. That may be because of me...Sorry, accident. Here ya go :brownie: :)

Mystycl 09-27-2012 01:20 PM

:)

TheKdd 09-27-2012 01:25 PM

Ok so here's the thing. There was a mistake made and the database overrode the back up. If I do the backup from a couple of days ago, it will restore the thread, but all posts made in the last couple of days will be gone.... resulting in more pissed off people all across the board.

I am sooooo sorry. I am looking into seeing if there is a way to at least revert or manipulate your post counts, not sure if I will be able to though... so don't get your hopes up on that.

I am so sorry, truly. Let me know if there is something else I can do to make it up to you all.

Mystycl 09-27-2012 01:45 PM

YAY tk is a genius!

TheKdd 09-27-2012 01:46 PM

So I edited post counts to try and put them back to what they were (which I have no idea what they were so I was guessing)... I am not sure if, when the board runs it's normal backups and what not, it will reset to what is actually here or not. Let me know if you see a dramatic fall in your current counts... If it happens, it would be by tomorrow this time I would think.

Mikey 09-27-2012 01:48 PM

Myst, you got me all excited there for a minute. I thought maybe she restored it somehow without flushing the rest of the board down the toilet haha.

We can take a poll and ask them all if they're willing to part with their posts from today. Haha.

Mystycl 09-27-2012 01:48 PM

:)

MissSouthernLady 09-27-2012 02:45 PM

:cuss::rant::rant::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soap box::soapbox::soapbox::finger::finger: :finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::o uch: Letting my frustrations out....bear with me please! (not directed at anyone in the forum)

DIRECTED AT AN ASSISTANT THAT I WORK WITH FOR MAKING MY GOOD DAY GO TO A BAD DAY!
http://animated-gifs.org/wp-content/...reworks-ag.gif

TheKdd 09-27-2012 04:03 PM

Sorry Kel :(

Stupid vbulletin itself should make it easier to revive threads... like a "recycle bin" type of thing instead of just erasing shit. I have mistakenly erased shit myself... It's a learning process and can be complicated.

Sheldon 09-27-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissSouthernLady (Post 412108)
:cuss::rant::rant::soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::soap box::soapbox::soapbox::finger::finger: :finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::o uch: Letting my frustrations out....bear with me please! (not directed at anyone in the forum)

http://animated-gifs.org/wp-content/...reworks-ag.gif

If you need to talk, Kel, you know where to find me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKdd (Post 412110)

Stupid vbulletin itself should make it easier to revive threads... like a "recycle bin" type of thing instead of just erasing shit. I have mistakenly erased shit myself... It's a learning process and can be complicated.

Yeah, that sucks that they don't have any sort of process to save you from doing that by accident. I get annoyed sometimes when the Recycle Bin asks if I really want to delete, but at least it gives me an extra chance to think about what I'm doing.

Mikey 09-27-2012 04:28 PM

TK, I'd like to take this moment to remind you that I was preparing for my 1,000,000th post ;)

Sheldon 09-27-2012 04:37 PM

:lmao:

TheKdd 09-27-2012 04:54 PM

Too bad, so SAD!! :D

PinkFreak 09-27-2012 04:57 PM

I'm sorry things difficult for you TK... the post count really doesn't bother me that much, so no worries.... although I do know I was NO WHERE near 3000 posts... I was having trouble keeping up with Robbie & Jarrod, not that I was really trying once they left me in the dust! lol...

PinkFreak 09-27-2012 05:04 PM

Just noticed my inbox was full... lol, I guess it got reduced after the game :( Hahaha....

TheKdd 09-27-2012 05:05 PM

LMAO Well I just added 1000 or two to everyone. I have no idea whether it will stick or not. It will be interesting to see what vbulletin does with that info later LOL

Mystycl 09-27-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFreak (Post 412129)
Just noticed my inbox was full... lol, I guess it got reduced after the game :( Hahaha....

it shouldnt have .....

TTKKKK??????????

MissSouthernLady 09-27-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKdd (Post 412110)

I am not mad at you TK! I wuves you! My soapbox was dedicated to a very sorry selfish bitch of an assistant that I work with! Sorry for the confusion

PinkFreak 09-27-2012 05:20 PM

No worries Myst... not like I get a lot of PM's now!! lol...

Mikey 09-27-2012 05:21 PM

I saw your post in the bitch thread Kel. Hope your day's much better tomorrow. :) You deserve better than that! Alright, it's been fun getting back in here with you guys today (despite the bizarre circumstances lol) but now I must go work on a synthesis. See you all later!

MissSouthernLady 09-27-2012 05:27 PM

That sucks...don't go work stay here with us

Mikey 09-27-2012 05:31 PM

Hopefully, I'm not too tired when I'm done and I can come hang out for a while later tonight. :)

Sheldon 09-27-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFreak (Post 412127)
I'm sorry things difficult for you TK... the post count really doesn't bother me that much, so no worries.... although I do know I was NO WHERE near 3000 posts... I was having trouble keeping up with Robbie & Jarrod, not that I was really trying once they left me in the dust! lol...

Shhhhh.... Just take it and run! It gives you a head start, and gives me a goal to shoot for with my post count now. I'm only 1000 behind, so I give myself a day or two at most. :D