YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   Hockey (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   NHL Lockout Over! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=14262)

19wingz 01-07-2013 10:51 AM

NHL Lockout Over!

I mean to post a celebratory thread yesterday and got carried away. I'm SO happy and still pissed about this. I think the damage has been done. Diehards will obviously return but any momentum the league has gained in the last few years is gone, in my opinion. I hate that we had to go through this but I am glad that we actually will have a season.

With the playoffs lasting through June, that'll be interesting but the promise of getting 48-50 games is nice.

Sheldon 01-07-2013 06:11 PM

:soapbox:

I completely agree! I'm glad that hockey is coming back, but when they complain about half-empty arena and falling renewals for season ticket holders, they need to take a look at when those drops happened. I'm sure the ones that came back after the 2004-2005 lockout are doing some second-guessing now that we've had to endure another lockout this season.

I understand the two sides not being able to come to an agreement over their respective needs, but when you're counting on your fans to support your teams so you can continue to play the game you're fighting to play, don't be surprised when they don't come back. Yes, we pay good money to watch you do your job, buy expensive clothing that shows off our support of you, and give up our free time to cheer you on for doing what you're being paid to do. The least you can do is actually do your job for 7 months out of the year. Is that too much to ask?

OK, I'm done with my rant now, too. :D

Seriously though. I'm glad hockey is back, but knock it off guys. I can't take this happening every 8-10 years.

19wingz 01-07-2013 07:33 PM

No kidding. Amen, rant away! I really do think that the NHL should collectively offer tickets at cheaper prices this season AND they should give all cable/satellite subscribers access to Center Ice this season - as a thank you to the fans for waiting and coming back. I mean they can't keep doing this and expect people to just drop everything and support them. It's too much of a repetitive cycle.

Sheldon 01-07-2013 07:39 PM

Exactly!

Sheldon 01-18-2013 10:15 PM

VERY EXCITED that hockey officially comes back today! Already have my team jersey ready to wear!!!

Kristin 01-18-2013 11:13 PM

Just in case you didn't know, Center Ice has a free preview starting today (1/19) through the 31st, I think. After that it's $50 for the rest of the season.

19wingz 01-19-2013 08:08 AM

YESSSSSSS I actually wonder if I get Center Ice on this cable here. LOL

Squall 01-31-2013 02:11 PM

now i find out about it.......i feel like frank when he was evicted last season

19wingz 04-24-2013 04:13 PM

I am so nervous for my Wings right now. The playoff streak CANNOT end!!!

Isaac 04-25-2013 03:17 PM

I'm a HUGE Blackhawks fans (Chi-town all the way!!!), but I always pull for another "Original Six" team when I can (unless they're playing the Blackhawks). How many years is the streak at?