YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   Arguers Corner (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Decision 2016 (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=18155)

TheKdd 02-14-2016 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystycl (Post 527696)
im not voting for president. it does not matter who the president is. it matters who congress is. as we have seen with president obama, you cant do shit if you dont have congress in your pocket!!!! if people want to change things, it starts at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And vote, for all, not just President. But you have to vote for that as well. I realize your state is pretty one sided, but if more people that felt the way you did voted, maybe that would change at some point. You need to start a trend. Don't give in or give up.

TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs 02-14-2016 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKdd (Post 527663)
He ran as a Democrat for two reasons. 1. he asked his supporters if he should run as a Democrat or Independent, everyone said Democrat so he wouldn't split the vote if he doesn't win. He didn't want to take that chance and have a Republican win. Basically, he was looking out for the Democrats by making that choice. 2. He has caucused with the Democrats forever and in reality is more of a Democrat than most Democrats based on voting record.

Free college is only one of many issues, and I don't believe that's the biggest reason young people are voting for him. From what I have seen, the biggest reason is the massive corruption in politics, the money changing hands to politicians and the favors being doled out that don't benefit the people. Personally of all candidates I have ever seen, he is the one candidate that has stood behind his convictions for the whole time he has been in office, whether you 100% agree with them or not. I don't agree with everything, but he's the closest to everything I do agree with if that makes sense. Clinton has changed her stance on so many things who the hell knows what she stands for. It changes every day depending on who she's talking to. She has no convictions as far as I've seen.

Do I think he can get all he wants accomplished? No of course not. But I would rather someone who sticks with his beliefs rather than someone who can be railroaded to compromise on our values. Plus let me just say... If he were to figure out how to get free college, I wouldn't call it "free." Our taxes have been paying for crap that doesn't benefit us for so long that it's time we get something out if it. It's not free if we are essentially paying for it.

And I said it was one reason. No he is running as a Dem because an independent can't win

TheKdd 02-14-2016 11:13 PM

I was one of his following that he asked way back before this all started. Everyone told him Democrat would be better. He caucuses with the Democrats, he doesn't want a Republican in the White House. He had already said that if he loses the primary, he will endorse Hillary. I watched this all transpire before he even announced. Whether an Independent can win, probably not, but they can certainly do A LOT of damage in the general, i.e. Nader.

Quite frankly the guy is more Democrat than most Democrats these days.

Mystycl 02-15-2016 06:45 PM

they have moved up our primary to march.... so we matter just a tiny bit more, but its still red!!! omg it makes me sick

TheKdd 02-16-2016 09:42 PM

We're still last lol

TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs 02-20-2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKdd (Post 527757)
We're still last lol

So your vote for Bernie won't matter cause he will be out? LOL...just teasing

TheKdd 02-21-2016 01:31 AM

My vote won't be for Hillary that's for sure ;)

Sphinx 02-21-2016 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellowdog (Post 527661)
One day after I said Rubio will end up the nominee, he imploded. I have no clue with the GOP. It's a shit show.

The fact that Jeb Bush already bowed out and Donald Trump -- a hate candidate is going to receive the nomination. Mind fucking blowing. Like, really...

As for Scalia's death. I cheers'd it at the bar; I despised that troll. And if any of the liberal justices retire and/or die during the next four years, it would be imperative to "stack" the bench. Especially if the Republican party is predicating their party platform on hatred. The entire constitution would be dismantled under a Trump White House, a Republican Congress, and a Conservative SCOTUS.

I don't really comment on the Bernie / Hilary debate, because I resonate with the message of Bernie and accept the limitations therein. To me, Bernie represents to conservatives what Trump does to liberals: the antithesis of their existence. I think what Bernie wants to accomplish is ideal and would put this country on the correct path. But do I think he could win the electorate and we don't have polarizing candidates?

I don't know.

What I am hopeful for though is that we have liberal leadership stewarding this country back to greatness. If Trump wins, I'm going on a 4 year vacation.

TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs 02-21-2016 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKdd (Post 527770)
My vote won't be for Hillary that's for sure ;)

What about general? You voting Trump over Clinton? Or not voting?

Mystycl 02-22-2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sphinx (Post 527775)
The fact that Jeb Bush already bowed out and Donald Trump -- a hate candidate is going to receive the nomination. Mind fucking blowing. Like, really...

As for Scalia's death. I cheers'd it at the bar; I despised that troll. And if any of the liberal justices retire and/or die during the next four years, it would be imperative to "stack" the bench. Especially if the Republican party is predicating their party platform on hatred. The entire constitution would be dismantled under a Trump White House, a Republican Congress, and a Conservative SCOTUS.

I don't really comment on the Bernie / Hilary debate, because I resonate with the message of Bernie and accept the limitations therein. To me, Bernie represents to conservatives what Trump does to liberals: the antithesis of their existence. I think what Bernie wants to accomplish is ideal and would put this country on the correct path. But do I think he could win the electorate and we don't have polarizing candidates?

I don't know.

What I am hopeful for though is that we have liberal leadership stewarding this country back to greatness. If Trump wins, I'm going on a 4 year vacation.

:yeahthat:

OMFG SO SO SO THIS!!