YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   Yak A Suggestion! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=349)
-   -   Suggestions (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=17594)

TheKdd 01-21-2015 12:59 PM

Suggestions

I know YY has gotten a bit, say, stale as of late. With me being sick and Wingz being a Dr (interesting combo wouldn't you say? lol) we haven't been able to really put a whole lot of time into the site.

When I am able to come and sit here for a sec, I would like to be able to try and change that. It may take a bit but you know what I'm saying.

Soooo.... I'm asking for suggestions, critique, changes etc. that you might like to see, or maybe just to try and see what happens. Anyone have any ideas? Like, more news stories, less news stories and focus on something else? A topic not discussed here that should be, or shouldn't be?

What do you find yourself doing on the internet that isn't here? Any other sites we may be able to integrate here that we can discuss?

In other words, what do you think?

Yellowdog 01-21-2015 02:10 PM

More graphic nude photos of Yellowdog

TheKdd 01-21-2015 07:04 PM

You supply, I will be more than happy to post!

Mystycl 01-22-2015 09:38 AM

i second the nude yellowdog vote!

Shiny Beige 01-22-2015 03:07 PM

Could I have some of the obnoxious people removed from the Arcade?

I am in favor of Daily Naked Yellowdog, but don't have any suggestions for other topics without giving it some thought. I look forward to the humor I find here, and learning about other people's lives. More discussions would be great, but I don't always have time to participate in that, either.

I like the fact that you want to keep the site evolving. I can't wait to see all the suggestions you get.

requiem 01-22-2015 05:10 PM

For me......I def miss the blog which I don't think has really moved in a while. The videos someone here made were pretty bad ass. I really liked that award thing you guys did that one year (best song, movie, etc.)........Actually....is there anyway to make what has been recently discussed section bigger without having to go in and manually change the settings? Some days the topics really filter through, mostly when joe has a TV day) and would love to see more topics there. I find it draws me to stuff I normally wouldn't see, but miss a lot.

Usually this is my first stop....the only thing you don't offer would be more movie info. That would probably be the biggest thing for me. EW.com, box office sites, dark horizons.com, THR, Variaty get a lot of my time.

Also, I love charts. Anything in a numbered list thrills me. Again, box office...but billboard, books, TV ratings....I love that stuff.

Not sure if any of that was helpful.

19wingz 01-22-2015 08:14 PM

That was helpful, Robbie. Thank you!!!

I know my TV days are a bit much. Maybe this would be a place to post ... Does it help that I post reminders about premieres, finales and start threads for new shows or is the calendar enough?

Robbie, are you using "new Posts" to see recent discussions? I didn't realize there was a filter. Kasey ... anything you know about this?

requiem 01-22-2015 08:43 PM

Yeah Joe....the new posts. When I open up the box I can choose to make the list longer, would just be nice to see more "new post" headlines.

Joe I love your TV updates! Don't stop or change! I wouldn't have learned about Orpehen Black with out you so in the words of INXS, "don't change a thing"

Yellowdog 01-22-2015 10:43 PM

Add more people that routinely post. But not too many.

Cathy 01-23-2015 02:04 PM

I miss KC's cooking videos, bring those back when you are better

19wingz 01-23-2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellowdog (Post 516787)
Add more people that routinely post. But not too many.

Yes, this is an ongoing battle. Hopefully some changes we can make will encourage more frequent posters. This is probably one of the biggest things I would like, as well. Question is ... how?

Yellowdog 01-23-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19wingz (Post 516797)
Yes, this is an ongoing battle. Hopefully some changes we can make will encourage more frequent posters. This is probably one of the biggest things I would like, as well. Question is ... how?

More graphic nude photos of Yellowdog.

Mystycl 01-24-2015 08:39 AM

:foottap:

patiently waiting for said photos........

Mystycl 01-24-2015 08:43 AM

along the "new posts" line.... i have brought this up before.. BUT
when you click on new posts, it brings up whats new since you last were here...
BUT if you clear your cookies or cache, BAM all gone...
so you click on "todays posts" and it gives you the last 24 hours.... so if you just happen to have gotten in really late and just went to bed, or whatever, it ends up being 25 hours, you miss out...
is there an easier way to BE SURE you can see what has been posted since you were last here???....
i know i never log out.. but if my pc goes to 'sleep' i lose the new posts as if i logged out completely...

its early i have only had one cup of coffee, so if this doesnt make sense, say so and i will rethink what i posted LOL
gotta luv me ♥

Yellowdog 01-24-2015 09:05 AM

http://kunjulam.com/wp-content/uploa...3/02/hylee.jpg

Shiny Beige 01-24-2015 10:25 AM

I didn't realize how attractive you are, Yellowdog. More pictures, please!!! :Yay:

Mystycl 01-24-2015 03:40 PM

you nasty thing

19wingz 01-25-2015 07:16 AM

Well, that's small.

And Tickle, I'm not sure I have that problem. For example, I haven't been on the site in > 24 hours and clicked "new Posts" and quite a few threads showed up as "new." I don't think I'm missing any posts since my last time here. But that detail TK will know more about.

ABondgirl00 02-26-2015 07:01 AM

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

ABondgirl00 06-28-2015 06:18 AM

A recipe section for sharing favorite recipes would be nice.

Tina 06-28-2015 07:36 AM

Wingz please keep up your TV posts. I often forget what's premiering and you've saved me numerous times! Hiney Beige....Obnoxious people in the arcade????? I hope you're not talking about me. I think you are.
Posting hmmm. I post things on occasion and no one usually responds so I've considered myself boring and keep my posts to a minimum. In fact I've given myself a new nickname it's "threadkilla"

19wingz 06-28-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABondgirl00 (Post 521283)
A recipe section for sharing favorite recipes would be nice.

That is a great idea. I think we had one sorta started a while back.

And Tina...you're no THREADKILLA. And I will gladly keep the posts going :)

TheKdd 06-28-2015 02:50 PM

Lmao you should have not responded after "threadkilla" cause well, that would have been funny lolol

19wingz 06-28-2015 03:14 PM

LOLOL I thought about it

Tina 06-28-2015 03:30 PM

I thought about it too!!!!
now consider this thread dead lol

ABondgirl00 10-01-2017 04:31 PM

Automatically wipe the scores on the FIRST of the month. Some of us aren't in the Arcade to just 'dillydally' {Southern word} You know who you are! We love to compete!

TheKdd 10-01-2017 08:47 PM

I know I'm sorry... There is no automatic plugin for that, so I have to go in manually each month, which means you all have to rely on my poor little brain to remember every time :/

I am open to reminders if you want though! Just PM me if you want to :)

Mystycl 10-08-2017 12:21 PM

:rofl:

downic01 09-17-2019 10:31 PM

hi