YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   Yak On! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   How Early Is Too Early For Christmas? (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=19733)

wetboy78 09-19-2019 07:59 PM

How Early Is Too Early For Christmas?

The season is upon us yet again. It announces itself with simple elegance; a wreath here or a snowman over there, perhaps some snow frosted trees and candy canes in the mall. We'll start hearing the songs we all grew up with and hearing the Salvation Army bells. For some it is spiritual as well as familial. This is a truly magical month of celebration and love, with some minor scrooging about to make the happy moments all the more poignant. And soon our New Year will arrive and we can set about handily destroying our well intentioned resolutions to improve ourselves and our circumstances. I love the Christmas season.

BUT WAIT! It's September and we are just adapting to the new school year starting and harvest time will be here soon. We haven't even touched on Halloween or Thanksgiving and we have Christmas Corporations pushing their marketing schemes on us.

With this frustrated spirit in mind, I throw my question forth to this audience: How early is too early to proclaim our Christmas spirit?

Mystycl 09-20-2019 11:23 AM

:welcome:

at least wait till after Halloween... IMO and I love love love Christmas! ♥

ABondgirl00 09-30-2019 02:11 PM

First let me say that you wetboy are a very gifted writer. Very well said. As for Christmas my favorite Holiday of the year i wish we could all embrace the spirit of Christmas every day. Imagine what a different world this would be! anna

SassyGal 09-30-2019 08:33 PM

I left my Christmas lights up one year and when the neighbors asked why..........I wanted to be ahead of the box store....... Sad but true!

Bekilted 10-07-2019 09:11 PM

It's a wonderful time of the year, and best enjoyed in the season to be sure.

Good rant. I approve.

wetboy78 10-07-2019 10:18 PM

Bekilted,
Are you really Scottish? My favorite Christmas was overseas with a bunch of drunk Scots.

Mystycl 10-08-2019 01:12 PM

my son was born on christmas eve....

:xmassmile:

Bekilted 10-09-2019 01:02 AM

I am of Scottish descent. I even had a kilted wedding.

Cheers!

Mystycl 10-09-2019 07:54 AM

:pumpkinwink: :jack: :pumpkin: :Bat:

:pumpkins:

my favorite holiday is Halloween ♥ Christmas is a VERY close second

:fall:

Bekilted 10-11-2019 04:13 PM

Power Rangers has made a resurgence and my 7 year old is torn between being a Power Ranger or a Ninja. He already has blue ninja clothes, so we're trying to convince him that he can be a blue ninja.
Not that anyone will know if the snow comes rolling in...