YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   Hockey (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Favorites (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=12717)

Sheldon 07-07-2012 09:37 AM

Favorites

Hey everyone!

Just to get a better sense of what everyone likes about hockey, I thought it'd be fun to do a little introduction...

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE?

Team:
Player(s):
Stanley Cup Finals:
Ever Been to a Live Game?
Overall Favorite Hockey Moment:

I'll start it off...

Team: Anaheim Ducks
Player: Bob Corkum (retired)
Stanley Cup Finals: 2007 when the Ducks won the Cup for the first time
Ever Been to a Live Game? Yes, several times. I love the live action! Much better then watching it on TV
Overall Favorite Hockey Moment: Gretzky's 802 goal. The look of pride on his face was awesome!

19wingz 07-07-2012 10:40 AM

Awesome! Let's do this.

Team: Detroit Red Wings
Player(s): Steve Yzerman, Niklas Lidstrom
Stanley Cup Finals: This is tough. I will say its a tie between the 97 Wings win and 2002.
Ever Been to a Live Game? Oh definitely. I actually went to my first playoff game last season. Loved the atmosphere. Love the Joe. My favorite live game experience has to be, hands down, going to Steve Yzerman's retirement ceremony. We played the Ducks that night, actually
Overall Favorite Hockey Moment: Ooo this is tough. I can't pick one here, sorry. Stevie Y's goal against the Blues in triple OT, watching Konstantinov raise the cup after the major limo accident, the fight between Roy and Vernon/Roy and Osgood, the Avalanche/Wings rivalry...the list goes on.

Sheldon 07-07-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19wingz (Post 357480)
Awesome! Let's do this.

Team: Detroit Red Wings
Player(s): Steve Yzerman, Niklas Lidstrom
Stanley Cup Finals: This is tough. I will say its a tie between the 97 Wings win and 2002.
Ever Been to a Live Game? Oh definitely. I actually went to my first playoff game last season. Loved the atmosphere. Love the Joe. My favorite live game experience has to be, hands down, going to Steve Yzerman's retirement ceremony. We played the Ducks that night, actually
Overall Favorite Hockey Moment: Ooo this is tough. I can't pick one here, sorry. Stevie Y's goal against the Blues in triple OT, watching Konstantinov raise the cup after the major limo accident, the fight between Roy and Vernon/Roy and Osgood, the Avalanche/Wings rivalry...the list goes on.

I knew I'd be able to find a fellow Hockey Nut on here!

Being at Yzerman's retirement ceremony had to have been amazing! I'm sure the crowd was so into it. Did they put together a clip package of his achievements?

As for Konstantinov raising the cup after the limo accident...no words can describe that. It was well deserved, and an honor to see the camaraderie of a hockey team pull for their injured brother.

19wingz 07-07-2012 11:03 AM

The ceremony was over an hour. Between his accomplishment, speeches from coaching, teammates, management, etc, of course the speech from Yzerman, it was great. I actually don't remember the game much. LOL

Oh and I sat a few rows ahead of the presidential suite, so he was right behind me!

Sheldon 07-07-2012 11:11 AM

At that point, it doesn't even matter who wins the game. It's all about appreciating the sport and the players. That would have been awesome to see live. I'm a little bit jealous...

19wingz 07-07-2012 11:30 AM

Ya, exactly. I mean of course the game is interesting but you're right. That night, there was just more to it and I am so happy I got to experience it. The best part is that all hockey fans understand the significance Yzerman is to the game and to Detroit.

aboe 07-07-2012 11:58 AM

Team: San Jose Sharks
Player(s): Devin Setoguchi (not on the sharks anymore :()
Stanley Cup Finals: Definitely a tough one, I will defer an answer until the Sharks make the finals
Ever Been to a Live Game? Nope. It came close to happening a few times though
Overall Favorite Hockey Moment: Quadruple overtime thriller for the Sharks a few years back in the playoffs

19wingz 07-07-2012 12:00 PM

Oh you should try and go. I have heard from a couple Shark fans that their games are awesome to watch live. The energy in the building is great.

I really want to go watch a Montreal game. Everytime I watch one on TV, I am amazed at that building's energy. That and the Caps.

aboe 07-07-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19wingz (Post 357504)
Oh you should try and go. I have heard from a couple Shark fans that their games are awesome to watch live. The energy in the building is great.

I really want to go watch a Montreal game. Everytime I watch one on TV, I am amazed at that building's energy. That and the Caps.

I've been wanting to, I just haven't been able to quite make it out to the tank yet

Sheldon 07-07-2012 12:13 PM

My brother is a HUGE Sharks fan, so I understand the need to defer your favorite moment...Plus, I'll have to agree with Wingz: you MUST go to a game. It's COMPLETELY different than watching it on TV. It's comforting to be surrounded by fellow hockey fans. Also, when you shout at the TV, it doesn't make a difference, but when you're at the game, if you can get enough people shouting it, then you know they can hear you.