YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   19Wingz Medical Mysteries (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   This is really difficult to write (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=15496)

terpkings 08-20-2013 11:16 AM

The calls and I guess sporadic lucidity is very interesting and I would also check the blood flow and circulation because deprivation of Oxygen can cause some of these issues as well. A sleep study would also be of interest because you stated his night times seem to be the oddest. I know the lack of insurance is an issue but some institutes will take it on pro bono for the study of the issue itself.

grandmamichelf 08-20-2013 12:00 PM

He didn't even come out of his room when I went home for lunch.

I called my boss when I got back to work (which is where I am now) and asked if we could talk. So tomorrow morning I will explain to him what is going on. I always believe that it is best to let your boss know (especially if he is good man or a woman) what might affect your job. Or even that the more you take on at your job is your escape. Also, since he is the Director of Special Education he might have some other insights to give me.

Your kind words warm the cockles of my heart. ( I said that to my boss once and he asked me if that was a sexual thing :roflmao:. Kind of like the time I explained to him that when I said bless your peapicking heart I wasn't truly being nice )

Tina 08-20-2013 12:59 PM

My EAP covered my whole family whether living with me, whether they could afford it, were adult/minor or not. I hope yours does too.

grandmamichelf 08-21-2013 08:33 AM

I talked to my boss this morning. It was really good to be able to do that when normally I just don't things like that. But he gave me some things to think about. His concern is that he has seen manifestations like my son is now having in people with tumors. But he also knows that depression and other mental illnesses can show certain things like that. He called one of our counselors to have her call me and it was nice to talk to her.

I have a plan of action and know that I am doing the right thing by going to our family doctor first. The first step is to rule out any medical issue.

It is so hard because, now that I think about it, this has been a downhill slide for him for over a year according to his ex-boyfriend.

TheKdd 08-21-2013 08:51 AM

My daughter's friend, her sister was doing strange things, losing her balance, not acting right. Eventually lost use of one arm. This was a slide for awhile. They found a brain tumor (she's 12). Operation and radiation later, she is in rehab, learning to speak again, learning to use her arm again.

Let us know what happens tomorrow.

SassyGal 08-21-2013 09:59 AM

I am so sorry if you need me just call....I am a pretty good listener!

Tina 08-21-2013 03:50 PM

Grandma so the appointment is tomorrow with your family doctor?? yes, please let us know what he does and if he refers or takes tests, etc.

TheKdd 08-22-2013 12:56 PM

Ok the Appt is today. What happened Grandma?

Tina 08-22-2013 03:09 PM

Yes, waiting on pins and needles!

grandmamichelf 08-22-2013 03:28 PM

Okay, our doctor is female. Dr. Kelly. She's just marvelous and she was waiting for me to come in and talk to her about Mando after his father said something.

She gave me the number to a family counselor who could do the testing to figure out if what is wrong with him is organic or whatever the other word is. That way they can rule out if he needs mental help or physical help. She had already talked to this doctor and he said that he would bill it on my Tricare as family counseling. We went over everything I've said in my first post.

One thing she said is that this could be a psychotic break brought on by severe depression. The manifestations and all that stuff could most certainly be part of it. The worst thing would be a brain tumor but she wants us to rule out the depression part because this doctor is willing to help us and can point us in the right direction.

She also brought up that it might be possible for Mando to apply for Medicaid because it's not only for people with disabilities but poor people as well and he doesn't have job right now. (It's not like he could work like this anyway).

I felt so much more in control once I left her office. Something that scared me so badly now has a light at the end of the tunnel for help.

Talking to ya'll. Talking to my boss. Talking to our doctor. It really helps. Now tomorrow I will call this doctor and see about an appointment. I came home and asked Mando if he was willing to do this and he said....yes. But only him and me. I think that's best because Alexis would be too straightforward and interrupting.

Mando did not go to the doctor with me. I went in hopes of finding the right way to go and that's what happened. He has been in bed all day and I told him he needs to get his ass up and take a shower. 15 minutes later he calls me from his room to ask me if it would be okay if he applies for a job at Grandmother's (a restaurant he used to work at). I told him no. Not until we get this straightened out and get him some help. I told him his legs are weak and he knows this. He knows. He just wants to help us out but he knows something is wrong with him. He wants help and I'm the only one he will listen to because we're so close.