YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers!

YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/index.php)
-   Yak Big Brother 1: The Last Yak Stabled (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=345)
-   -   The Vegas Thread: Big Brother Last Yak Stabled (http://forum.yakkityyaks.com/showthread.php?t=13587)

19wingz 09-27-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFreak (Post 412072)
In Robbie's defense, Mikey had discussed with a couple people his plans to delete season 1 totally, and when the post counts went down, he went MIA for days & no word of his return or his plans... It was easy to jump to this conclusion, I did as well. Can't say much more than that from my end out of respect for Mikey... Or making myself look like a total ass cuz not everyone knows the whole story which is not my story to tell. I understand why Robbie was upset, he takes his BB games seriously & you can all see from his account of the season, along with his DR's, he plays with passion & studies it as well! I like the Yak world outside of this thread much better these days... So that's where I'll be.

Oh no - that is TOTALLY understandable. Heck, I spent all summer following the game and was confused myself. I can only imagine if I played in the season. My question on the fuss was more that the fuss came without first asking what might have happened, that's all. But obviously it was a series of sick coincidences with S2 preps, thread moving and the damn forum having a mind on it's own.

Mystycl 09-27-2012 08:19 PM

going to bed now..... had a lot hit me at once.... need some down time!

Sheldon 09-28-2012 03:56 AM

Good morning, everyone!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-x.../friday_24.gif

Mystycl 09-28-2012 04:03 AM

that is so adorable!!!!

Mikey 09-28-2012 04:04 AM

Morning guys! Another crazy weekend coming up...time to head out for the day. I'll try to pop in later this afternoon!

MissSouthernLady 09-28-2012 04:36 AM

GOOD Morning! Yay for Friday!

Mystycl 09-28-2012 04:42 AM

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbn...9d3c4f906f9716

Mystycl 09-28-2012 04:44 AM

http://www.planet-coffee.net/images/coffee_planet.jpg

Mystycl 09-28-2012 05:19 AM

Mystycl 09-28-2012 05:19 AM

‎"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn’t you say so? There’s a support group for that. It’s called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.” – George Carlin"

Mystycl 09-28-2012 06:05 AM

ha! hapy just posted this and it made me laugh out loud!!!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...61556671_n.jpg

MissSouthernLady 09-29-2012 08:45 AM

GOOD Morning! Busy day today! Going bridesmaid dress shopping then heading to a festival to hear my cousin play with her band! Yall have a beautiful day now!

Mystycl 09-29-2012 09:26 AM

u 2 kel...

going to mow, as usual, but this may be the last time this season :fingerscrossed:

have a great day ♥

Sheldon 09-29-2012 11:07 AM

Looks like it'll be a pretty quiet day for me here. Think I'll be able to catch up on some of my Dexter. Finishing up Season 3 now, and moving on to season 4 right after. I've heard that's the best season so far.

19wingz 09-29-2012 12:00 PM

OMG. You will not be able to recover. I hope you've stayed away from any spoilers. Please tell me you have. I almost threw my bag of pretzels across the room after the Season 4 finale. Stellar season.

Sheldon 09-29-2012 12:39 PM

Unfortunately, back when I wasn't watching the show, it was so talked about that it was hard to NOT hear about it. I didn't pay much attention to it, since I wasn't watching Dexter then, but if nothing else, the not knowing how or why is helping to build the suspense, so I do have most of season 4 that I don't know about yet. Although, it does make me very sad to figure out the time is limited for certain characters. :(

19wingz 09-29-2012 02:08 PM

Booo!! Well, I guess that comes with watching the season 3 years late. Actors have been on different shows in the last 3 years, so I feel ya. But like you said - the events leading up to it. STELLAR. You will love that season. My favorite season of the show, by far.

MissSouthernLady 09-29-2012 05:51 PM

An AMAZING DAY! Bridesmaid dresses picked in less than an hour! My cousin and her band were AWESOME!

Sheldon 09-30-2012 08:54 AM

Good Morning, my friends!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-L8X9KWu8-D...isses+.gif.gif

Coffee anyone?!?

MissSouthernLady 09-30-2012 12:47 PM

I need some hot chocolate today! It is cold and raining at my house...fall has suddenly made its appearance

Sheldon 09-30-2012 01:35 PM

I wish it would be cold and raining here. I'm SO over the heat and humidity!

TheKdd 09-30-2012 03:57 PM

Me too! It's currently 99 here with a fire warning. Sigh.

Mystycl 09-30-2012 04:32 PM

no cold! no no no!!!

Sheldon 09-30-2012 04:37 PM

:yes: :yes: :yes:

TOO MUCH HEAT! Tomorrow's October! It should not still be 90 degrees outside!

19wingz 09-30-2012 05:57 PM

Myst bitches when it's hot and when it's cold. Your utopia truly must be bliss. lol

I will give you that. October does not equal 90 degrees. It's very crisp fall weather here. I like it.

Mystycl 09-30-2012 06:54 PM

who likes hot or cold?
i like warm!

Mystycl 09-30-2012 08:25 PM

guess imma crash.... nite all :zzz:

Sheldon 09-30-2012 08:45 PM

I'm out, too! G'night, everybody!

PinkFreak 09-30-2012 08:58 PM

I've had a busy day!! Whew... but got to see my momma today, she made me dinner & my dad made me homemade ice cream for my upcoming birthday!! (btw, let me apologize now for my over-zealous enthusiasm for my bday... I absolutely LOVE my bday, and consider myself a bday whore!!!)

Need to catch up on some studying for school tomorrow.... and write my recap of The Voice!! This 1st week of school was a killer, with my hubby having surgery as well!!

Mystycl 10-01-2012 04:24 AM

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...29532846_n.jpg

MissSouthernLady 10-01-2012 04:31 AM

Good Morning! I hope yall have a beautiful day! I'm getting two new co workers today! Pray for the 2nd grade! It is going to be an adjustment

Mikey 10-01-2012 07:51 AM

Happy Monday Yaks! We've all got busy weeks ahead of us, I'm sure but I just wanted to take a second and say a few things to all of you.

First and foremost, about a week or so ago when I was reviewing the thread I realized that as a first time host I made a few mistakes that I want to apologize for.

First we have the start of the game. I think that my excitement for getting started overshadowed the fact that we needed to stick to our schedule. I know that this was annoying to many, and I apologize. Sometimes passion gets in the way, and I was so excited to get the summer underway.

Second, TK's PBox Coup - This became a big mess. In hindsight, a power such as that was way too big to put in the box. I should have (and will never again) allow that power to be delivered via PBox. I'd also like to mention here that the Titanium Veto's orchestration may have been a bit too much at the stage of the game in which it was awarded. A lot of you spent a lot of time to get where you were at that point in the game and that was way to strong of a power to be had at that stage. In the moment, it seemed fair but in hindsight it might not have been as fair as I once thought.

Thirdly, the LIVE shows - The live shows were a great thing, don't get me wrong. The only struggle was timing. It did take away from some of your lives and I'm sorry. You didn't sign up for a game that required live elements and I shouldn't have switched the format so many different times.

You were all my guinea pigs in trying to find the direction this game would go in the future. Through it all, you all played one hell of a game and I would NEVER change a single casting choice that was made. You are all all-stars who know how to bring the heat. I really apologize for the mistakes and errors in season one. I know that it might not matter much at this point, but I think it's important to share that with each of you because you invested your lives in this thing!

I can't say that I regret making these mistakes. They brought, and helped others who care a lot about this game and the people involved in it :) bring much needed adjustments to my attention. If I hadn't made these errors, I wouldn't have the excellent (if I do say so myself) format to write season two upon.

I know I may not have engaged in many of your conversations this summer, or developed relationships with many of you due to being your host, but please know that I was always watching! I respect each of you for the thoughts and opinions that you shared with the Yak community. You are all amazing individuals, and this is my thank you to all of you for a WILD season! As awkward as it might have been at times (hello disaster that was finale night lol).

Have a great week Yaks! :)

P.S. - I would like to apologize, publicly; to Robbie for the way I handled his jury entrance. I should have never assumed that his anger would in any way hinder his involvement in the jury. I should have never spoken on his behalf, and I should have never engaged in an argument with him when he was only expressing his feelings.

I would like to apologize to Myst specifically for all the crazy format and schedule changes. You know I have much love for you Myst and that was all a bump in the YBB road trying to get things figured out. I should have been more vocal about what was gong on! Here ya go :brownie: :)

I would like to apologize to Pink specifically for many of the same reasons I am apologizing to Myst. I would also like to thank you for expressing to me your thoughts and sharing your love of the YBB game with me. I know that your passion is the reason that you shared your opinions with me! They have made some great adjustments to season two.

I would like to apologize to TK and Leo specifically for the results that the twists involving the both of you brought forth. I never imagined that it would be that way (now I can see why it was lol). You both gave this game your all and should be respected as fierce competitors forever and eternity as far as I'm concerned! :)

I would like to apologize to Jarrod specifically as well for the HUGE mistake I made in regards to him being the victim of the TV. At the time I looked at the TV as this massive game changing twist (which it was) but I also didn't take into account the fact that you were losing your veto. I guess I looked at it from the angle of being fair because you had given up your veto to save Robbie. However, I know that it must have upset you and you deserve an apology my new staff friend.

Lastly, I need to apologize to Wingz. Wingz, I'm sorry for annoying you all summer long with all of my crazy requests and for making you sit through that endurance comp (even though TK and Leo completely played you and I had a major laugh over it!). :)

Alright, alright, I should probably get to work! I hope to talk to all of you soon and I'm suggesting that our friend Jarrod plan us all an actual Vegas bash night soon. Maybe a came of Dare or DARE???

:)

Now enjoy this wake up song!!! I really miss posting them haha.

and this one too...Pandora is on fire right now in the journalism office and I'm sharing my favorite hits of the morning lol.

This ones actually kind of fitting, because I felt like all these things I've mentioned were small when they were happening but looking back I realize that they weren't quite so small. :)

19wingz 10-01-2012 07:58 AM

No apologies for the requests but that damn endurance...Lmao. TK and Leo need to apologize to me with their damn playing me. Lol I have a chuckle at it too, most days.

Mystycl 10-01-2012 08:00 AM

still reading, but have to say really quick in RE to the live shows.... you asked us and we all voted!!!! it was unanimous! so do regret that...

back to reading......

Mystycl 10-01-2012 08:07 AM

mikey, you are loved!! :love:

Mikey 10-01-2012 08:22 AM

Awe. Shucks Myst! :) Love you too! :heart:

PinkFreak 10-01-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

You were all my guinea pigs in trying to find the direction this game would go in the future. Through it all, you all played one hell of a game and I would NEVER change a single casting choice that was made. You are all all-stars who know how to bring the heat. I really apologize for the mistakes and errors in season one. I know that it might not matter much at this point, but I think it's important to share that with each of you because you invested your lives in this thing!

I can't say that I regret making these mistakes. They brought, and helped others who care a lot about this game and the people involved in it bring much needed adjustments to my attention. If I hadn't made these errors, I wouldn't have the excellent (if I do say so myself) format to write season two upon.
All I can say is... :love: :love: :love:

Mikey 10-01-2012 10:28 AM

Thanks Pink! :) :heart:

Sheldon 10-01-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 412535)
I would like to apologize to Jarrod specifically as well for the HUGE mistake I made in regards to him being the victim of the TV. At the time I looked at the TV as this massive game changing twist (which it was) but I also didn't take into account the fact that you were losing your veto. I guess I looked at it from the angle of being fair because you had given up your veto to save Robbie. However, I know that it must have upset you and you deserve an apology my new staff friend.

Mikey, we've talked about this in private, but I wanted to thank you for publicly apologizing for the Titanium Veto. It never crossed my mind that a power that strong would be available in play that late into the game, especially since I was already holding a Veto I won that week. To have figured I was set for the Final 4, but then have it torn away by a random power was shocking.

However, with that said, it's all water under the bridge now. I had a BLAST playing this season with 12 of the craziest people I've had the pleasure of meeting. I've made some great friends through the experience, and found myself a spot as staff of a website that I'm proud to call home. I look forward to working closely with you from behind-the-scenes on Season 2, and I hope that the second season cast can be at least half as awesome as we were! They've got some big shoes to fill!!!

Thanks again for the apology, and keep your chin up! We all love you and we're waiting with bated breath to see what evil twists you have up your sleeve for next season! Don't let us down!!! :D

Mikey 10-01-2012 10:58 AM

And what a season it will be with you on board! :) I'm looking forward to it.

If the fact that it's all going down inside here...

http://tahoesierramountainhome.com/i...cabin-view.jpg

is any indication, then it looks like things will be pretty darn crazy!

Also Jarrod, I thank you for being extremely classy about that entire issue. You never once let on that you were upset! You held your head up and were a great sport...I'm not sure if even I could have done that. :) You're a stand up guy!