View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 05:33 PM   #4
terpkings
VIP Yakkster

Groans: 2
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts

We have been fortunate in our years of tough times to have some people do unexpected things for us that we didn't feel we deserve either. Initially, we would balk at it until a friend of ours stated that they were having good fortune and needed to share some of that with us and insisted she help us out. It made us think and we realized that doing some things just for the good of the other person can be a great thing.

Now, we are in a much better place and have started helping others who are less fortunate or going through a rough time.

My wife is now disabled and will never be able to work again but can help people that may need it. She stepped up when a woman with some autism issues and unable to function completely on her own lost her mother and was going through some tough times. She was going through her own physical issues and had to go through tests for three months to decide if she needed treatment for cancer. Being a former nurse, it really helped because she took her to all her appointments and helped get her life organized so she could stay on her own. (Even went to her father and broke some barriers). Needless to say, this stranger has now given my wife purpose that she was so struggling for and helped her.

Long story, but Michele you have helped so many people in your life and put others before yourself. When someone who you have made a great impression of offers to do something nice from you. It is best to say thank you and take it. Glad you did and were able to see Adam in person because that meant a lot to you.

Kudos to your boss as that person thinks the world of you because you are a great individual and he is able to do something for you that will make you happy.

Quit thinking you don't deserve good things because you do very much.

You were there for me once and I will never forget it.
terpkings is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to terpkings For This Useful Post:
grandmamichelf (10-14-2016), Mystycl (10-18-2016), PinkFreak (10-12-2016), requiem (10-13-2016)