View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Thanked 8,657 Times in 6,627 Posts
Groans: 627
Groaned at 1,039 Times in 954 Posts
Nhl Radical Realignment Plan for the NHL

All of this went down last night while I was on call, so I couldn't even read up on it or see what it's all about. Anyone else here have thoughts on the changes?

Personally, I like the realignment and I like that every team gets to play every team. I don't like 2 things in particular. I still hate that you play the teams in your conference more often than others. I also don't like how they are doing the first round of the playoffs. I think they need to consider a wildcard bit like the NFL does because you'll have a team who is 4th in one conference make the playoffs, but a team with a better record but is 5th in another conference gets screwed. Also, the two conferences with 7 teams have it a little easier for making the playoffs because there is one less team to fight against.

I do however like the idea and I LOVE how they will do the rest of the playoffs. The reseeding without conference bias is a great idea, in my opinion and can give us a Detroit v Chicago SCF or Pitts vs. Wash and those types of interconference rivalries can shine on the big stage.

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote