View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
Sheldon
YakTV Executive Producer

Thanked 4,544 Times in 2,467 Posts
Groans: 134
Groaned at 139 Times in 124 Posts

I completely agree! I'm glad that hockey is coming back, but when they complain about half-empty arena and falling renewals for season ticket holders, they need to take a look at when those drops happened. I'm sure the ones that came back after the 2004-2005 lockout are doing some second-guessing now that we've had to endure another lockout this season.

I understand the two sides not being able to come to an agreement over their respective needs, but when you're counting on your fans to support your teams so you can continue to play the game you're fighting to play, don't be surprised when they don't come back. Yes, we pay good money to watch you do your job, buy expensive clothing that shows off our support of you, and give up our free time to cheer you on for doing what you're being paid to do. The least you can do is actually do your job for 7 months out of the year. Is that too much to ask?

OK, I'm done with my rant now, too.

Seriously though. I'm glad hockey is back, but knock it off guys. I can't take this happening every 8-10 years.
Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sheldon For This Useful Post:
19wingz (01-07-2013)