View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Thanked 8,656 Times in 6,627 Posts
Groans: 627
Groaned at 1,039 Times in 954 Posts

First of all, Grandma - Hugs to you for writing this like the strong woman I know you are. Putting this out here for us is not easy and I commend you.

Second, I think the fact that you have an appointment is wonderful. I am glad to hear that you will be seeing the family doctor to discuss this. I think you need to bring all of these points up, as well as have a timeline of how things have progressed (when it all started, etc) so that they can better sift things through.

This could be a number of things. Based on what I know and from what you've said, it is more than likely a manifestation from his depression. It sounds as if that is very severe and will cause symptoms like this in the long run. Is he on any medication? There may be a number of ways to help him with his depression. This also could be manifested by something neurological, but that's very hard to say and less likely in my eyes. But they will probably test neuro function here and go from there.

HIV? Well, yes that can manifest with severe brain response like this, BUT it typically isn't the only thing you will see. So I am not leaning in this direction.

First and foremost, he needs support and I know he has that, so that already is a huge thing, even though you may not be able to see the outcome from that. Please, please keep us updated after you see the doc.

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote