Notices

America's Next Top Model ANTM Discussion!

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
Yak Nicholson
The One and Only

Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default America's Next Top Model: Extra! Extra!

Here is your quickie recap and commentary on ANTM All-Stars Episode 3 last night! Did you watch? If not, you may want to stop reading as this will spoil it for you!

The models, fresh from the make-overs last week, get a visit from Reality TV star Kristin Cavallari from MTV’s Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County, and it’s spin off, The Hills. Kristin, known as a pretty nasty personality from those Reality shows, was there to tell the girls that even if you have haters out there, it doesn’t mean you can’t go far. Personally, I didn’t see much of a point in her visit, unless her visit was edited WAY down. It seemed out of place. Maybe they couldn’t find another “star” to visit that week? Did anyone see a point to this?

The Challenge:

I digress… the Challenge this week was for the girls to be interviewed by Extra’s Mario Lopez to see how well they would do under pressure. They were split off into teams, and for the first time in ANTM history, the winning team of six would be safe from eliminations. The top two photos from last week, Lisa and Bianca, got to choose the teams, kind of like you would during Elementary School P.E.class. Lisa chose Laura, Alex, Isis, Dominique and Angelea. Bianca chose Allison, Bre, Shannon, Camille and Kayla. Kayla, chosen last… Do you think she felt like that last picked kid in 3rd grade?

Apparently to Nigel, Lisa was too animated and vocal during the interview, giving high fives to her team after every answer, and interrupting Alex’s answer. Course, what did he expect from Lisa? She was certainly showing her personality. On the other side, Nigel said Angelea needed to show a bit more of her personality. Ultimately, the winning team was Bianca’s, sending her team of six to safety.

Angelea, however, did not take the criticism well. In the car ride back to the house after the challenge, she vented to everyone that she was treating the interview as a job applicant would, with business class, and she will answer to no one… “Not you, not Nigel, Not any one of these bitches” as she pointed around the cab, and vowed to bring it up at panel. Course, none of the other girls said a thing during her tirade. I sort of agreed with her, not necessarily the way she did it, but really… Lisa has too much personality, and Angelea didn’t show enough?

The Photo Shoot:

The photo shoot was actually quite interesting this week. The girls were teamed up in pairs consisting of one “safe” girl, and one “not safe” girl and had to pose on black stilts. I have seen them called “elegant”, but to me, they resembled black cricket legs. Anyway, the photos turned out to be quite interesting, none of them horrible by any means, but some did stand out more than others. At the shoot, Bianca, afraid of heights, almost didn’t go through with the shoot, but got through it, and hers turned out to be one of the best photos (even though Jay expressed disappointment with her performance, so maybe her film wasn’t that great.) Otherwise, the shoot went pretty smooth.

The Judging:

The girls were brought up by Tyra in the pairs the shot with and were critiqued. Allison sparked a new term to be used on ANTM, the booty “tooch”… basically, stick out that rear end, and of the safe girls, ended up receiving best picture for it. Of the girls in danger, Alexandria got best photo (and can I say I love her hair the way they decided to make it over?) Bottom two of the unsafe girls (but according to Tyra, not bottom two of all the pictures) were Isis and Angelea. Angelea did, as promised in the car ride after the challenge earlier, bring up the Nigel comment, saying she didn’t understand why she was told she didn’t have enough personality. She just didn’t do it bitchy like she said she would. Nigel and Tyra explained that she should show some personality, but also know when to reign it in. (Again, I disagree with this. In my opinion, you should be who you are, especially in an interview. People will love you, people will hate you, but there will be no in between, that’s for sure.) Based on photos alone, Angelea’s photo was stronger, so Isis was sent packing this week.

I was actually happy with the results last night. Isis seems like a real nice girl, but just never did it for me as a fashion model, so I was glad to see others saved. Plus, what the heck was with her hat at judging?

All in all it was a decent episode. There seems to be a lack of girl drama in the house this season which I have come to expect, with only an occasional outburst here and there. Dare I say these All-Stars have grown up a bit? Even Alexandria seems to have mellowed, and she was on just last year!

By the looks of the preview next week, there looks to be some ER drama coming up, with Kayla getting violently ill, paramedics, girls screaming… Hopefully this doesn’t hurt her chances in the competition, as she has one of my favorite “looks” of the season. Not necessarily my favorite personality, but looks wise, gotta love that red hair. Course, I’m a biased for Lisa and her out there personality and would love to see Alexandria overcome the hate and move on up in the competition as well.

Who are you rooting for? Let us know below, then come on in and join us in the forum HERE for all your reality favorites and chat!

More...
Yak Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
Tina
Bronze Yakkster/Admin Asst.

Thanked 2,212 Times in 1,473 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 17 Times in 13 Posts

Damn I've been wanting to watch this when is it on????
WB is not on demand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ELVIS has left the building!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
TheKdd
Your mama what?

Thanked 8,498 Times in 5,542 Posts
Groans: 230
Groaned at 198 Times in 183 Posts

Wednesdays at 9est

It used to re-air on Fridays... not sure if it still does or not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
My Karma ran over your dogma.
~
TheKdd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
Tina
Bronze Yakkster/Admin Asst.

Thanked 2,212 Times in 1,473 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 17 Times in 13 Posts

Thanks, I've been looking all over comcast for this and all i find are the ones from like 2009 that I've seen a million times! thanks a lot.

ELVIS has left the building!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote