Notices

The Political Yak Got thoughts on the political landscape? Come on in!

Big Brother - Season 19

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2017, 11:23 AM   #231
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Thanked 8,413 Times in 6,416 Posts
Groans: 626
Groaned at 1,033 Times in 949 Posts

That last sentence is SPOT ON, Elizabeth!

I guess my biggest struggle is the call for patience or some tolerance because Trump is going through a lot of criticism, pounding and "attacks." The problem is ... Obama, Clinton, Bush Jr all went through their own fair share of similar "attacking." Yet, in my opinion, they all handled it with much better poise than DT ever has or ever will, in my opinion.

Not that I had any respect for Paul Ryan, but that even rings more true now than before. New to the government? Excuse me? Everyone (all of 45's supporters) knew that going in! We still know this! That isn't an excuse for his behavior or his interactions with Comey. Instead of golfing every weekend, maybe spending time being PROPERLY briefed so that someone "new" to the government can properly react, respond and LEAD .... what a concept! Since when can this now be something excusable, yet calling Obama "inexperienced" was a huge focal point early on in his Presidential career.

Your last sentence rings true, for sure. So much hypocrisy and terrible behavior. I'm sorry you're having personal doubts, Elizabeth. I really am. Mostly because you were led to believe someone you voted for was going to actually do what you were hoping they would do.

BTW - I personally wanna thank you, Elizabeth, for continuing the conversation. I know it can't be easy - especially as you may feel you have to "defend" yourself. I hope that's not the case. I actually find this fairly engaging.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well titted, stand by for my upcoming tat." ~ Sheldon

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 19wingz For This Useful Post:
requiem (06-08-2017)

Old 06-08-2017, 11:46 AM   #232
requiem
Ruby Chen

Thanked 5,015 Times in 3,496 Posts
Groans: 1,053
Groaned at 819 Times in 575 Posts

Really well said again...both of you. Lol...I agree, thank you for continuing to conversate, I value your opinion greatly.

Social media has certainly ushered in a new era of politics. The digital canvas makes it so easy for anyone to throw their two cents in now, so anyone running for office is certainly going to have to learn to adapt to that evolution.

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

"Everybody knows I'm a mother fucking monster!" - Kanye West

"You can take away my car and you can take away my keys...But you can't take away my dreams because I'm like sleeping when I have them." - NATR
requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to requiem For This Useful Post:
Elizabeth (06-08-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 11:58 AM   #233
Elizabeth
Senior Yakster

Groans: 3
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19wingz View Post
That last sentence is SPOT ON, Elizabeth!

I guess my biggest struggle is the call for patience or some tolerance because Trump is going through a lot of criticism, pounding and "attacks." The problem is ... Obama, Clinton, Bush Jr all went through their own fair share of similar "attacking." Yet, in my opinion, they all handled it with much better poise than DT ever has or ever will, in my opinion.

Not that I had any respect for Paul Ryan, but that even rings more true now than before. New to the government? Excuse me? Everyone (all of 45's supporters) knew that going in! We still know this! That isn't an excuse for his behavior or his interactions with Comey. Instead of golfing every weekend, maybe spending time being PROPERLY briefed so that someone "new" to the government can properly react, respond and LEAD .... what a concept! Since when can this now be something excusable, yet calling Obama "inexperienced" was a huge focal point early on in his Presidential career.

Your last sentence rings true, for sure. So much hypocrisy and terrible behavior. I'm sorry you're having personal doubts, Elizabeth. I really am. Mostly because you were led to believe someone you voted for was going to actually do what you were hoping they would do.

BTW - I personally wanna thank you, Elizabeth, for continuing the conversation. I know it can't be easy - especially as you may feel you have to "defend" yourself. I hope that's not the case. I actually find this fairly engaging.
I don't and can't argue your comments about Trump. I've been very disappointed in his behavior. I want him to be more presidential. While I understand his reflex to "fight back" when criticisms come his way, I was really hoping the guy would learn to bite his tongue. I even asked my husband one day after hearing about all his twitter stuff why somebody couldn't just take away his damned phone.

He was not my first choice, but I'm a conservative who leans to the left on social issues, and that's how I voted. I own that.

Thanks for still liking me.
PinkFreak (06-08-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 12:16 PM   #234
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Thanked 8,413 Times in 6,416 Posts
Groans: 626
Groaned at 1,033 Times in 949 Posts

Of course I still like you!!! That wont change, girl.

And OMG - his phone needs to be taken AWAY! Truer words have never been spoken. LMAO

What's interesting is that I know we are not the only country going through so much political turmoil. When I was in Hawaii, I met someone from Australia. Granted, we are the laughing stock in their country, they apparently have such a very similar situation. It's baffling. And a lot of it is owed to social media.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well titted, stand by for my upcoming tat." ~ Sheldon

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 19wingz For This Useful Post:
Elizabeth (06-08-2017), PinkFreak (06-08-2017)

Old 06-08-2017, 12:44 PM   #235
Elizabeth
Senior Yakster

Quote:
Of course I still like you!!! That wont change, girl.

And OMG - his phone needs to be taken AWAY! Truer words have never been spoken. LMAO

What's interesting is that I know we are not the only country going through so much political turmoil. When I was in Hawaii, I met someone from Australia. Granted, we are the laughing stock in their country, they apparently have such a very similar situation. It's baffling. And a lot of it is owed to social media.
Social media is a blessing and a curse.
PinkFreak (06-08-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 12:47 PM   #236
Elizabeth
Senior Yakster

And, to kind of go off topic -- I'm guessing politics will come into play during this season of Big Brother. If they represent both sides of the fence it could get really interesting . . .
Old 06-09-2017, 09:29 AM   #237
TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs
Senior Yakster

Groans: 70
Groaned at 36 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:

Not to mention the racist pounding Obama got from Trump for 8 years.

Quote:

It has been reported that the DOJ wanted to brief him on how things worked but of course he knew better.

And if he didn't know what he was doing was wrong why clear the room?

Old 06-09-2017, 07:26 PM   #238
TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs
Senior Yakster

Aw poor Eric

New York Attorney General launches investigation into Eric Trump’s charity

http://deadstate.org/new-york-attorn...rumps-charity/

Last edited by TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs; 06-09-2017 at 07:28 PM.
TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:52 PM   #239
TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs
Senior Yakster

Word!
Old 06-30-2017, 08:59 PM   #240
TheArtistFrmlyKnownAs
Senior Yakster

Okay Melania get cracking on that anti-cyber bullying platform!
TheKdd (06-30-2017)