Notices

Reaching Out Need advice on something, or just want to talk to another Yakkster? Open up here. Rainbow Bridge here as well.

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #21
Mikey
YakTV Executive Producer

Thanked 3,886 Times in 2,129 Posts
Groans: 43
Groaned at 277 Times in 208 Posts

Like others have said just be cautious...I don't really see much of a problem with it. I know a lot of people who will have online dating profiles and still actively try and meet people out in the "real world". It can't hurt, right? Just an extra outlet to meet new people in. Go for it Miss Kel! Throw some of that southern charm their way.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #22
MissSouthernLady
YBB Executive Producer

Thanked 1,035 Times in 615 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts

Yeah my southern charm may scare them away...lol. Hmmm maybe I will find my southern boy who knows...if I find someone they will have to be ready to take on my big brother and cousin who seem to think they have a say in my life...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MissSouthernLady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissSouthernLady For This Useful Post:
Mikey (01-02-2013), Mystycl (01-02-2013)
Old 01-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #23
MissSouthernLady
YBB Executive Producer

so eharmony is so weird...it is questions sent back and forth and makes and breaks...it is just weird

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #24
Kristin
Senior Yakster

Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,013 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 34 Times in 31 Posts

I never tried the internet dating thing, but I met my husband through a friend that I met online. Our first date was at an amusement park and in May we'll be celebrating our 15th anniversary. I hope you find the person you're looking for!
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kristin For This Useful Post:
Mystycl (01-12-2013)

Old 01-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #25
TheKdd
Your mama what?

Thanked 8,477 Times in 5,531 Posts
Groans: 228
Groaned at 198 Times in 183 Posts

Maybe Match.com is better? I haven't done it either, but my sister in law met her boyfriend online. They have been together for a few years and live together now. I want to say that was eharmony but I'm not sure. I will ask her next time I talk to her.

~
My Karma ran over your dogma.
~
TheKdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #26
PinkFreak
Wonder Woman

Thanked 2,901 Times in 1,785 Posts
Groans: 58
Groaned at 84 Times in 75 Posts

Just don't do it through Craigslist!! No joke, I have a friend that was meeting guys through CL and that was a nightmare...

I keep seeing an advertisement for christianmingle.com, which I was going to suggest to you, but decided to look at some reviews & it looks like hat s one to avoid as well...

Someone did recommend checking out DatingSiteReviews.com, that might help you find a good site besides eHarmony or match.com?

I love The Yak
It's my kind of place
Just walkin' through the front door

Puts a big smile on my face
It ain't too far, come as you are

Hmm, hmm, hmm I love The Yak

PinkFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #27
MissSouthernLady
YBB Executive Producer

yeah I know better than to go through Craigslist...the craigslist killer movie always comes to mind. I had thought about christianmingle several several months ago but my brother and cousin were making fun of it so I didn't even go there.

I still haven't told my family yet. Not because I am embarrassed but there is so much going on that my family would freak out if I announced that I had joined eharmony.

I will say that I am extremely blessed to have yall be so supportive. My three best friends who know are wonderful too. I am taking it slow. I have reviewed some good matches and some duds. Maybe something wonderful will come out of this experience!

Old 01-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #28
Kristin
Senior Yakster

Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,013 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 34 Times in 31 Posts

I don't understand why anyone would make fun of it. It's a great way to meet someone that has the same interests as you. I know one couple who met on eharmony and they've been married for four years and have two kids now. I also know a guy who met his girlfriend on match.com a year and a half ago and now they are engaged. In both of those situations they met one person and it turned out great for them. But, I think they are probably the exception.

Don't let anyone make you feel bad about it. People are so busy these days that it's hard to meet someone.
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #29
MissSouthernLady
YBB Executive Producer

you are exactly right Kristin! I am extremely busy. All it seems I do now is work then home to crash. Being an elementary teacher wears me out so I don't have time to meet new people.
My brother and cousin have always been like that with me. They have picked on me for everything from not dating in high school to concentrating on my degree and getting a job. This year is different! I am taking charge of my life and if I met Mr. Right on eharmony then that is how God intended for me to meet somebody. If not then oh well.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #30
Sheldon
YakTV Executive Producer

Thanked 4,541 Times in 2,464 Posts
Groans: 134
Groaned at 139 Times in 124 Posts

Exactly! It's worth a try.

You'll never know who you could meet if you don't put yourself out there!
Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote