Notices

Reaching Out Need advice on something, or just want to talk to another Yakkster? Open up here. Rainbow Bridge here as well.

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2014, 09:18 AM   #11
Sheldon
YakTV Executive Producer

Thanked 4,541 Times in 2,464 Posts
Groans: 134
Groaned at 139 Times in 124 Posts

Yes, I think you need to invest in some Google Glass before this happens, so you can video everything and we get to watch it from your perspective. Nothing like a first-person experience to really put us in your shoes!
Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:22 AM   #12
Sphinx
YakBB2 WINNER & #EvilQueen!

Thanked 4,330 Times in 2,904 Posts
Groans: 406
Groaned at 139 Times in 132 Posts

Ugh. As I'm preparing my F.U. Tour, my sister-in-law sends me a text "Hey!! We're setting up for the party and it's just not the same without you here. I miss you so much! We all love you and we're hoping things are better at Christmas!!!"

Do you have to ruin my plans, woman? The women of this family have ESP when I'm plotting shenanigans.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sphinx For This Useful Post:
Cathy (09-20-2014), Sheldon (09-20-2014)

Old 09-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #13
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

Thanked 7,425 Times in 5,391 Posts
Groans: 278
Groaned at 153 Times in 143 Posts

just pure awesome sauce

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:29 PM   #14
Sphinx

Things came to a boil today.

My Sister-in-Law texted me asking me to come home for my Mother's 60th birthday in november, and I was all like "naw, I'm good. that's a good idea, but in truth it won't work. This isn't lifetime." Well, I called my Dad who said my Mother doesn't want me home because I didn't send a card for Mother's day. I finally sent this e-mail to my brother SIL and Dad, because I just had enough with everyone asking me to do all these things.

Quote:
Hi yíall,

Dad doesnít have an iPhone, so i figure that this is the best way of handling this.

Iím tired of feeling like I have no choice by everyone regarding Patty and Iís feud. *Her rampage against me at times has been enough for a lifetime. *I donít need to discuss what has happened, because iím not holding anyone to task over what could have been done. *What I am saying is I want everyone to stop pressuring me to make the next move, because there will not be one. *I tried to reconcile; that olive branch was lit aflame. *Iím not keen on trying for a third time.

As far as the holidays and her birthday: *Itís evident that sheís going to hold a grudge over a card. *I am going to try to come back to Ohio in December, thatís it. *Probably close to Christmas. *I would stay with Kelly. *The girls nor y'all are losing me so long as I am alive. *I have to focus on school, my life here, and making sure I donít go crazy. *For a long time I was moving on, but today for some reason (probably stress) I started melting down. *Itís just a messy situation and for the time being, Iíd prefer if we found a way stay a family without discussing my relationship with my Mother. *Weíve got enough happy things to discuss in each of our lives than resorting to trying to fix that. *Itís nobodyís business besides she and I.

Things have changed; I would like to move on and forward with my life.
Kelly is my cousin; Patty is my Mother.

My Sister-in-law apologized saying "I didn't even realize how it would make you feel, I was just being selfish."

I'm hoping it works, because I'm EXHAUSTED.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sphinx For This Useful Post:
Sheldon (09-22-2014)
Old 09-22-2014, 08:37 PM   #15
Sheldon
YakTV Executive Producer

Good for you for speaking your mind! I hope it shows them that they need to back off a bit and just let things go for now. If Patty wants to come around, she will, but you can't force her (or you) into doing something that doesn't want to happen.

Stay strong, Zach! If you need to talk, you know how to find me. I'm a VERY good listener!

Old 09-22-2014, 09:29 PM   #16
Sphinx

Honestly, I was just so stressed out and I realized that I cannot take the emotional turmoil of my family. I had a quiz at 8 AM, an exam at 1 PM, and another quiz at 6 PM. Needless to say, I was beside myself with stress from school and I had just had enough. I was exhausted of having to mitigate my family trying to get me to reconcile with someone that is Atilla the Hun reincarnate and my school stuff tossed on? It's way too much at once. So I kicked what I could. There's no way my Mother and I are reconciling anytime soon.

Either they respect it or I stop responding to it. They just managed to strike while I was super weakened, usually I just laugh. But...hasn't been a good few days for le Brocorn. (Bro Unicorn, if you're wondering)

I appreciate it Shelly!!!!
Sheldon (09-22-2014)
Old 09-22-2014, 09:32 PM   #17
Sheldon
YakTV Executive Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
But...hasn't been a good few days for le Brocorn. (Bro Unicorn, if you're wondering)
I REALLY was, so thank you!

Old 09-22-2014, 09:34 PM   #18
Sphinx

My best friend described me as it once. Bro, because obviously I have too many bro moments to not be. I called someone "man" the other day, and I was absolutely horrified...bringing us to unicorn. hahahahahahaha Obviously, the gayness.

I've been trying to get a product line going, of a Unicorn with a snapback drinking Jamo, but...

you know...

Nobody wants to design that shit! I was gonna have tanks for days with my sayings on the back.
Sheldon (09-22-2014)

Old 09-22-2014, 09:44 PM   #19
Sheldon
YakTV Executive Producer

We'll work on it together. Just dress in that outfit above, we'll get one of my graphic designer friends to sketch out the clothes, and we'll be a big hit! Like Starship said, "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now!"

Old 09-22-2014, 10:17 PM   #20
Sphinx

Now that's what I'm gonna blast tomorrow...sigh...
Sheldon (09-23-2014)