Notices

Yakkity's Movie and Celeb Central Check out our movie selection and don't forget to pick up the latest celebrity news and gossip!

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2015, 05:30 AM   #11
Sheldon
YakTV Executive Producer

Thanked 4,541 Times in 2,464 Posts
Groans: 134
Groaned at 139 Times in 124 Posts

Yes, this is a great movie! Maybe I'll have to watch it today. Thanks for the reminder.
Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sheldon For This Useful Post:
Cathy (06-09-2015)
Old 06-09-2015, 10:13 AM   #12
ABondgirl00
Platinum Yakkster

Groans: 1
Groaned at 23 Times in 19 Posts

Loved Loved Loved Corrina! I first saw Ray Liotta in a soap and was impressed.

Does anyone remember The Goodbye Girl? Great movie with Marsha Mason and Richard Dreyfuss. One of my all time favorites.
ABondgirl00 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ABondgirl00 For This Useful Post:
Mystycl (08-22-2016)

Old 06-15-2015, 02:07 PM   #13
requiem
Ruby Chen

Thanked 5,236 Times in 3,668 Posts
Groans: 1,056
Groaned at 821 Times in 577 Posts

My first pick for movie Monday is my favourite film ever by Leaps and bounds.

REQUIEM FOR A DREAM

It's not a fun movie in anyway. In fact, it's not really a film for most people. It depicts 4 people who struggle and lose to various addictions with an unflinching take of reality that leaves you numb. But that's not a bad thing.

Firstly...the acting in this film is stunning. Ellen Burstyn rightly earned an Acadamy Award nomination for best actress playing a mother who becomes addicted to pills while trying to lose weight applying for a television show. Her transformation from start to finish is something that burns your soul to its core and her performance leaves you breathless. But there were no weak spots cast wise. Marlyn Waynes, Jared Leto and Jennifer Connally were all giving performances that elevated this movie into greatness.

The writing and directing was also something of a marvel. Darren's unique approach to his films gave this movie a rush of life that pulse through every shot of Requiem. It was so unique, fast paced and he would later use a lot of the same techniques to the film Black Swan.

The most lasting element of the film though is the score, which is still used very prominently in many films and trailers. Clint Marshall's iconic score really was captivating and it remains e only film score soundtrack that I own.

For me personally...The film changed my standard in film for a long time to come. Is was the one I measured everything to and it honestly changed my viewing habits to start digging deeper into the world of smaller films. Because of Requiem I watched Amile. City of God. Sexy Beast. So many great films because of one stellar one.

Thank you Requiem for a Dream. You are the defining movie of my movie loving heart and I will forever and for always spread the love I have for this film.

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

"Everybody knows I'm a mother fucking monster!" - Kanye West

"You can take away my car and you can take away my keys...But you can't take away my dreams because I'm like sleeping when I have them." - NATR

Last edited by requiem; 06-15-2015 at 02:13 PM.
requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:02 PM   #14
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

Thanked 7,421 Times in 5,387 Posts
Groans: 278
Groaned at 153 Times in 143 Posts

LETHAL WEAPON

in honor of the new series that is starting soon, thought i would refresh this thread with one of my FAVE movies, ever.....
THIS is where i first fell in love with Mel ♥ ♥

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mystycl For This Useful Post:
PinkFreak (08-22-2016)