Navigation » YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! > Yakkster's Lounge > Yak On! » Hey peeps..the coolest thing happened

Notices

Yak On! Need to chill? Chat about anything here. Birthdays, holidays, general help and medical topics discussed as well!

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2016, 08:17 PM   #1
grandmamichelf
Bodyguard

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,801 Posts
Groans: 193
Groaned at 30 Times in 28 Posts
Default Hey peeps..the coolest thing happened

On Monday I got this random question of the day from my boss asking me if I had Maroon 5 tickets would I go to see him. See Maroon 5 would be in Lincoln, an hour down the road, on a work night...well, hell yeah and I'd take Lexi with me. But I couldn't ever afford those tickets right now so of course I wasn't going to go.

On Tuesday, October 4th, he called me and asked me if I'd go because he was ready to push the button to purchase the tickets for me and Lexi. I told him...no, because it was just too much and I had to be smart about it. I hung feeling horrible and crying because hell I wanted to go. Then my mini boss came in and said to quit with the "no I can't's" and that he was going to tell our boss to get the tickets because I was a dumbass. Lexi said the same thing.

So I swallowed my pride, called him back and said I would love to go. AND HE BOUGHT THE TICKETS. OMG. I know there's no way on earth I deserve this. No one does this kind of shit for me. Not ever. No one outside my family that is. I mean...wow.....He bought great tickets for both me and Lexi.

So we did the road trip an hour up the road. And she walked with her walker in pouring rain, from the garage to the arena. She was awesome. I am so proud of her. She complained her right ankle was hurting, but she walked through it. Lexi is full of strength and determination.

And we sang every song and drooled over Adam together and enjoyed the hell out of ourselves.

And then she walked back 2 blocks to the car, almost shutting down on me, but she kept going. And I have been in tears ever since.

See it's almost 3 years since we lost Armando. And then my boss does this. And if I was a better person, mother, wife, I'd know I deserved this. God wouldn't frown on me, take my child, let my other child be disabled....I didn't deserve this man to care about me enough to buy these tickets and do this.

And when I asked him why, he said it's because i have a shrine to Adam in my file room and drool over him all the time....the shrine it true...drooling is not.

But I still can't understand it. I still don't get it. Alexis deserved it, but I don't get it.

Anyhow, it's such an awesome road trip memory for me and her. And I love my boss for giving it to us. I just feel so undeserving.
Do not walk in front of me, I will step on you. Do not walk beside me, I will bitch slap you. Do not walk behind me, I will turn around and kick you. I did not come through time and space to bandy words with a witless worm.

Grandma's looking for a grill. If you don't know what that means, you don't know Grandma.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
grandmamichelf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grandmamichelf For This Useful Post:
PinkFreak (10-11-2016), requiem (10-13-2016), Shiny Beige (10-12-2016), TheKdd (10-13-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 04:48 AM   #2
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

Thanked 7,465 Times in 5,426 Posts
Groans: 282
Groaned at 153 Times in 143 Posts

drooling is so true!!!! dont even try that shit!

you totally deserved this!! stop that.
you are always doing for others, its time to let some one do for you! missy!!
dont make us come out there!!

im so happy for you.....
and just where the hell are the pictures?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mystycl For This Useful Post:
requiem (10-13-2016), Shiny Beige (10-12-2016)
Old 10-11-2016, 12:52 PM   #3
grandmamichelf
Bodyguard

Some are on Facebook. I guess I should put some here. But you don't get good pictures when you're drooling...LOL!
Do not walk in front of me, I will step on you. Do not walk beside me, I will bitch slap you. Do not walk behind me, I will turn around and kick you. I did not come through time and space to bandy words with a witless worm.

Grandma's looking for a grill. If you don't know what that means, you don't know Grandma.
The Following User Says Thank You to grandmamichelf For This Useful Post:
requiem (10-13-2016)

Old 10-11-2016, 05:33 PM   #4
terpkings
VIP Yakkster

Groans: 2
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts

We have been fortunate in our years of tough times to have some people do unexpected things for us that we didn't feel we deserve either. Initially, we would balk at it until a friend of ours stated that they were having good fortune and needed to share some of that with us and insisted she help us out. It made us think and we realized that doing some things just for the good of the other person can be a great thing.

Now, we are in a much better place and have started helping others who are less fortunate or going through a rough time.

My wife is now disabled and will never be able to work again but can help people that may need it. She stepped up when a woman with some autism issues and unable to function completely on her own lost her mother and was going through some tough times. She was going through her own physical issues and had to go through tests for three months to decide if she needed treatment for cancer. Being a former nurse, it really helped because she took her to all her appointments and helped get her life organized so she could stay on her own. (Even went to her father and broke some barriers). Needless to say, this stranger has now given my wife purpose that she was so struggling for and helped her.

Long story, but Michele you have helped so many people in your life and put others before yourself. When someone who you have made a great impression of offers to do something nice from you. It is best to say thank you and take it. Glad you did and were able to see Adam in person because that meant a lot to you.

Kudos to your boss as that person thinks the world of you because you are a great individual and he is able to do something for you that will make you happy.

Quit thinking you don't deserve good things because you do very much.

You were there for me once and I will never forget it.
terpkings is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to terpkings For This Useful Post:
grandmamichelf (10-14-2016), Mystycl (10-18-2016), PinkFreak (10-12-2016), requiem (10-13-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 06:18 PM   #5
Shiny Beige
Silver Yakkster

Thanked 1,915 Times in 1,288 Posts
Groans: 265
Groaned at 28 Times in 25 Posts

And sometimes, Michel, it feels really good to be able to do something nice for someone who really deserves it. I'll bet your boss was a happy as you and Lexi were.
Shiny Beige is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shiny Beige For This Useful Post:
grandmamichelf (10-14-2016), Mystycl (10-18-2016), requiem (10-13-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 08:42 PM   #6
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

pictures??????????????????????????????????????

Old 10-21-2016, 07:28 PM   #7
grandmamichelf
Bodyguard

I don't know how to put images in here. They're on my google drive and my computer.

Old 10-24-2016, 04:11 PM   #8
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

ohhhhhhhhh