Notices

America's Next Top Model ANTM Discussion!

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2016, 11:49 AM   #1
requiem
Ruby Chen

Thanked 5,236 Times in 3,668 Posts
Groans: 1,056
Groaned at 821 Times in 577 Posts
Default ANTM : Cycle 23!!

Back from the dead!!

VH1 is set to premiere the new cycle on December 12!!!

Tyra Banks will only produce this season and pop up on occasion. Singer Rita Ora will lead a panel of new judges.

I'm stoked and hope they go back to the female only version of the show. SO EXCITED!!

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

"Everybody knows I'm a mother fucking monster!" - Kanye West

"You can take away my car and you can take away my keys...But you can't take away my dreams because I'm like sleeping when I have them." - NATR
requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to requiem For This Useful Post:
TheKdd (10-24-2016)
Old 12-14-2016, 08:48 AM   #2
requiem
Ruby Chen

I'll save judgement because I really have never liked the casting episodes.

But my first thoughts are this....Rita Ora? Lol...I don't know, she doesn't even compare to Tyra nor does she really have the modelling Expierence to convince me she is the right fit.

I love me some Ashley Graham. But God her style was horrible on this episode!!

The production value has dropped big time. Felt a little too dark at times.

Anyway...I'm here for the long haul but will be more chatty once the show actually starts.

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

"You can take away my car and you can take away my keys...But you can't take away my dreams because I'm like sleeping when I have them." - NATR
The Following User Says Thank You to requiem For This Useful Post:
TheKdd (12-19-2016)
Old 01-04-2017, 10:06 AM   #3
requiem
Ruby Chen

How low rent is this season....? The main challenge was a selfie challenge. For real. They haven't had one fabulous or cool photoshoot and that's after 4 episodes.

I can't say I like any of the judges. Rita Ora stands out I guess.

The drama between Courtney and Bitka is delightful, but not enough to anchor the show.

#GettingAnnoyed

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

Old 01-10-2017, 02:35 PM   #4
requiem
Ruby Chen

Finally a decent photo shoot!! Lol.

But I really dislike the production of this show and the host/panel. The little "I think we made a mistake" moment wasn't good drama, it was either desperate or just unprofessional.

I'm digging Courtney the most........And says a lot about the season. Hahaha.

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

Old 01-19-2017, 12:41 PM   #5
requiem
Ruby Chen

So my new complaint on this show is...I wish they would go back to the set number of frames a girl gets. "I think we should just move on" repeated over and over by one of the shows judges makes me question why some of see girls are even here...and that's not good for the show. I should be rooting for all of these models, but I'm left wondering (ALL THE TIME) why they were even selected.

My thought is that is because these girls are so dramatic. I don't recall any season prior to this having so much girl drama before, and that includes the season where a contestant was head butted by another. It's such gross drama as well. All so high school. I don't mind a little fun to liven it up, but it says a lot about the lack of class and talent involved.

I'm watching at this point because I'm a fan of the series. *shrug*

**also, in a funny side note.......the photo shoots have been so terrible, that I originally thought that the one take trampoline challenge was what we were getting for the main photo this week. Hahahaha.

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

Old 01-24-2017, 08:29 AM   #6
requiem
Ruby Chen

Remember when I joked about the idea of a one photo main challenge? Hahaha. What a silly thought.....

....Cut to this week where they had a ONE SHOT video shoot that couldn't decide if it was for dance or fashion. It was all very strange and didn't create for a great end product.

Marisa getting snappy with the supermodel was pretty choice though. You can really tell she is too young in moments like that. Paige and the girl who won the challenge def stood out. I was actually shocked that Bita was so terrible. I would have put her in the bottom over Marissa, but I think the judges were trying to make a point.

Kyle went home which is deserved and sad. I really liked her coming into the season but she just wasn't at the same level and is lucky she lasted as long as she did. I think the producers kept her around for the showmance aspect of her journey.

Courtney really does complain a lot! I love her but Jesus!!! The fake out allergic reaction to the make up and the can't dip it low crap?! Come on girl.....you have been called out almost every week....SUCK IT UP!

And a shout out to Director X who I love and was likely embarrassed for that video shoot he was given. That was rough X....sorry bout it. Lol.

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

Old 02-02-2017, 09:46 AM   #7
requiem
Ruby Chen

Two episodes this week as the show moved to Wednesday starting this week. Ratings for this show are shockingly really good (in ANTM standards that is) and VH1 wants to partner it with its biggest show which is on Wednesday.

The first episode was a photoshoot with Jason Derelo on an airplane. A little dissapointing since the show had already done a similar challenge a few seasons back. I thought it was really interesting that the top 4 photos were inside the plane and the bottom 4 were on the stairs. It's so much harder to find interesting angles on the stairs that I felt it wasn't a fair battle.

Bitka went home which was shocking because I Thoth she was going to make it far. I loved her look and fire.

The second episode this week featured one model going and one model coming back.

Cue eye roll....it was another fucking hip hop dancing video!! WTF?!?! Like Kyle said..."I get eliminated for a hip hop video and get asked to come back for a hip hop video" Aside from India and Paige, no one was excited about this.

Why can't it be a commercial for a make up product if it's going to be a video? All this hip hop dancing is so off brand and frustrating. We are down to 7 models and I can only think of 2 BOSS photoshoots.

Another big complaint....why have there been ZERO go sees? We usually get two per season because it's such good conditioning for the real world. The judges also make no comments about what the girls wear to the panel which again, is good conditioning for the real word. They focus in nothing but personality which is important, but they are missing everything else.

Still rooting for Courtney who seems to have had a good kick in the butt....she was in the bottom 2 this week, but she made such an effort trying to do the dance and be positive. Props to her.

Glad Marissa is gone. What a spoiled brat.

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

Old 02-09-2017, 11:03 AM   #8
requiem
Ruby Chen

Another week and another weak photoshoot that has already been done on ANTM. Some of the outfits for that shoot were just awful awful awful.

The emilination was also bullshit and the first time this season I felt like a huge error was made. Paige has been dominating this season and although I disliked her picture, Tatiana should have been eliminated.

I was totally expecting an India vs. Paige final two.......I also still really like Courtney and it was nice to see her do okay this week.

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

Old 02-15-2017, 11:22 PM   #9
requiem
Ruby Chen

Just a meh episode. I loved seeing India and Courtney at Universal Studios. That was fun...Otherwise it was another boring photoshoot which is just the standard at this point.

I hope now that the relaunch has done well, the production budget goes up because this show needs it....badly.

Courtney in the top 5?!?! Hell yeah!! I was thinking she would be gone weeks ago, but she keeps hanging on! Lol.

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

Old 02-15-2017, 11:26 PM   #10
requiem
Ruby Chen

Also.....no go-sees yet and no make up commercial. ANTM standards. Come on VH1!

#ShineBrightLikeARuby