Notices

Tech @ The Yak Latest in tech, Facebook, PC problems, home theater, gadgets and more!

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #41
Yellowdog
Senior Yakster

Thanked 5,208 Times in 3,329 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 188 Times in 159 Posts

Zuckerberg's goal from the beginning is to bring the world closer together. The only problem with that is that there are a lot of douchebags in the world that you don't want to be close to. Wingz, for example.
Yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yellowdog For This Useful Post:
Mystycl (08-12-2011), TheKdd (08-12-2011)
Old 08-12-2011, 11:59 AM   #42
Hapyhouswf
VIP Yakkster

Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKdd View Post
It's totally not worth the hassle. All I do on FB anymore is basically post the stories to the Yak's page. Otherwise, I don't do anything.

After my surgery last year, and I couldn't get on for all the games (from my bed) I was playing, it somehow made me realize how much time of mine FB was taking up... especially the games. I learned that I would much rather spend that time with my family then the games... But it took a surgery that MADE me get away from it to realize it. Being away allowed me to spend more time with what matters in my life, redesign the front here, get press for this place etc. etc. I am much prouder of the things I have done here and the time I have spent with my family then I will ever be about what level I got to on a farm, or what level my mafia dude was on. LOL

When you get away from it, it sounds really stupid too. Oh no, my rice is withering! In the meantime, I would harvest my fake farm while the plants in my real garden outside died LMAO
That is so true.......My Mother N law and Mom being sick made me stop and realize my family is much more important than the computer....I will try to stay on here now when time permits....But I am so tired when the kids leave I don't have time for myself...decided I would take it today since I didn't have the baby...I have missed here, but not FB at all....
Hapyhouswf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #43
TheKdd
Your mama what?

Thanked 8,491 Times in 5,537 Posts
Groans: 230
Groaned at 198 Times in 183 Posts

Yeah I just don't miss it at all. I have it open a lot of the time to post things for the Yak, but otherwise, it's just sitting there. I haven't posted a "status" in forever, until last night about the phone thing showing back up. It just annoys me more than anything these days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
My Karma ran over your dogma.
~
TheKdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #44
Hapyhouswf
VIP Yakkster

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKdd View Post
Yeah I just don't miss it at all. I have it open a lot of the time to post things for the Yak, but otherwise, it's just sitting there. I haven't posted a "status" in forever, until last night about the phone thing showing back up. It just annoys me more than anything these days.
I sent it out in my email to my family AFTER I went in and deleted my info....I just copied it from your post and sent it...thanks!!!
Hapyhouswf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #45
CR
Team Rachel V2.0

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts

Thanks TK. Gonna do a copy and paste of your instructions for the benefit of some friends.

Last edited by CR; 08-13-2011 at 03:36 PM.
CR is offline   Reply With Quote