Navigation » YakkityYaks - Big Brother 21 and Reality TV Updates and Spoilers! > Yakkster's Lounge > Live at Five with Yakkity Yaks » BREAKING: Actor Paul Walker DEAD after Car Explosion

Notices

Live at Five with Yakkity Yaks Anything and everything news/weather related should go here

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Thanked 8,657 Times in 6,627 Posts
Groans: 627
Groaned at 1,039 Times in 954 Posts
Default BREAKING: Actor Paul Walker DEAD after Car Explosion

The Fast and the Furious actor is reportedly dead after a car crash/explosion. Story developing.

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
Sheldon
YakTV Executive Producer

Thanked 4,544 Times in 2,467 Posts
Groans: 134
Groaned at 139 Times in 124 Posts

Seriously?!? Woah... That's crazy.
Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
Yellowdog
Senior Yakster

Thanked 5,211 Times in 3,330 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 188 Times in 159 Posts

There was just a death hoax about him so people didn't believe it at first but it's true.
Yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

A rep has supposedly confirmed. Supposedly, he was leaving a charity event? That is sad.

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

We close our eyes
Old 11-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Quote:
Sad news out of the world of entertainment Saturday night (Nov. 30). Actor Paul Walker, best known for the "Fast and Furious" movie franchise, was killed in a car accident near Santa Clarita, Calif., a rep for the actor confirms to Zap2it (as first reported by TMZ).

Walker had been in the Los Angeles-area suburb for a car show that was supporting typhoon relief for the Philippines. He was reportedly taking people out in his new Porsche GT and during one such test drive, the sports car crashed and burst into flames. Both Walker and the other person in the car died at the scene, though it is unclear at this time who was driving.

The "Varsity Blues" star was known for his love of cars. He told a journalist in a 2009 interview when asked what car best represents him:

"My problem is I appreciate them all. Cars are my vice. I collect cars, that's what I do. I love everything about them. ... It's a big part of my lifestyle, it's a big part of who I am and it'll always remain that way."

Below are some more recent interviews with Walker when he was promoting "Fast and Furious 6," which came out last May -- an appearance on "Today" and "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon." There is also a clip of Walker as a young boy appearing on the 1980s game show "I'm Telling."

The seventh "Fast and Furious" movie is currently filming. Walker recently did an interview with Collider about the decision to sign on for the seventh and eighth franchise installments and how he wasn't sure when the director switched over from Justin Lin, who directed the fourth, fifth and sixth movies, to James Wan.

"I think I've had enough successes to where the journey is more important to me now. There's no guarantee, no matter what. We get one run in life," says Walker. But ultimately, he was won over by Wan.

"Fast and Furious 7" is slated for release in July 2014. Walker is survived by his 5-year-old daughter, Meadow.
SOURCE

We close our eyes
Old 11-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

Thanked 7,660 Times in 5,597 Posts
Groans: 285
Groaned at 155 Times in 145 Posts

this WAS a porche
Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #7
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

Thanked 7,660 Times in 5,597 Posts
Groans: 285
Groaned at 155 Times in 145 Posts

Two people were killed Saturday afternoon when a Porsche sports car crashed and burst into flames in Valencia, and the passenger was actor Paul Walker, his publicist confirmed to the Associated Press

“Sadly I have to confirm that Paul Walker did pass away this afternoon,” said Ame Van Iden, Walker’s publicist.

The single-car crash occurred around 3:30 p.m. on Hercules Street near Constellation Road in the Rye Canyon Business Park, fire officials said.

The red Porsche was reduced to unrecognizable twisted metal in the single-car crash.

Sheriff’s Department officials did not confirm that the actor was killed in the crash, saying the Los Angeles County Coroner’s office would determine the victims’ identities and causes of death. The coroner’s office could not be reached for comment late Saturday.

Spectators gathered at the scene, and several said the passenger was the star of “The Fast and the Furious” series of films. One witness at the scene said he tried to put the fire out and recognized Walker inside the vehicle.

“Him and his buddy, his brother in arms at heart just decided to joyride, take a spin. Something we all do. We’re all car enthusiasts. ... We’re all here driving, enjoying each other, and God must’ve needed help,” said Antonio Holmes, who said he was a friend of Walker.
“We all heard from our location (the accident). It’s a little difficult to know what it was. Someone called it in and said it was a vehicle fire.
“We all ran around and jumped in cars and grabbed fire extinguishers and immediately went to the vehicle. It was engulfed in flames. There was nothing. They were trapped. Employees, friends of the shop. We tried. We tried. We went through fire extinguishers.”

Walker, 40, is said to have business ties to Always Evolving Performance Motors, located down Constellation Road from the scene of the crash. Always Evolving hosted a toy drive and car meet on Saturday.

Holmes said Walker was at the event supporting the cause, and the driver of the vehicle also had ties to the business.

Another witness said he saw Walker and the driver leave Always Evolving Performance Motors minutes before the crash.

“When we saw Paul and Roger leave, Paul was the passenger in the vehicle. They both were experienced drivers.

This was just a tragic accident that happened on a joyride,” said Jim Torp of Santa Clarita.

“At the conclusion of the accident the vehicle struck a light standard and the whole car was burned,” a Los Angeles County Fire Department spokesman said. The two occupants of the vehicle were unable to get out in time, he said.

A sheriff’s deputy at the scene said the Porsche driver appeared to have lost control of the car, which hit a tree.

Both a tree and a light standard were downed at the scene.

Spectators gathered at the crash site as the afternoon darkened into evening, held back from going too close by yellow caution tape.
Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #8
Tina
Bronze Yakkster/Admin Asst.

Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,487 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 17 Times in 13 Posts

Oh so sad and ironic that he was killed in a car accident and wasn't even driving.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ELVIS has left the building!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:03 PM   #9
Yellowdog
Senior Yakster

Thanked 5,211 Times in 3,330 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 188 Times in 159 Posts

The other guy was the head of his racing team. No doubt they were driving crazy. Dumb way to die.
Yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote