Notices

Reaching Out Need advice on something, or just want to talk to another Yakkster? Open up here. Rainbow Bridge here as well.

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
Elizabeth
Senior Yakster

Groans: 3
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default 2011 has been a total bust for me

This has just been a totally crappy year for me. I've never been one to wish time away, but I'm ready to put 2011 to bed and put it behind me.

The company I work for was sold to a Canadian company earlier this year and before the sale was even final they told my division (which deals with mortgages) they didn't intend to retain us. So . . . our regional president has until the end of this year to find a new owner for us. If we can't find a new owner we will be closing down in February. The anxiety caused by all this uncertainty is relentless.

My husband is a small business-owner and the current economy is brutal, so what was once a successful little business is now struggling to stay afloat. Because of what is going on with my job and my husband's business, we decided to put our house on the market. In this economy I think it's going to be on the market for a long time. So I have to keep the house looking like something out of Better Homes & Gardens just in case someone wants to look at it or our realtor schedules an open house.

Then, I lost my Mom a couple months ago which has been really hard. And last week my husband and I lost a very dear friend to alcoholism.

Sigh . . . . . I know God gives us what He knows we can handle, but I think He might have me confused with someone else.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
KaysarRocks
Mega Yakster

Thanked 1,020 Times in 909 Posts
Groans: 80
Groaned at 81 Times in 72 Posts

Elizabeth, you are a strong person with a good heart and a good soul and most of all, you're an Iowa girl. We're tough bitches who can handle a lot, and I won't condescend to say "it'll be okay" to you, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel for you my friend. You have many people standing with you through it and we will always be here for you.

“If you’re looking for sympathy you’ll find it between shit and syphilis in the dictionary.”
— David Sedaris, Barrel Fever
KaysarRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KaysarRocks For This Useful Post:
LittleMama (10-03-2011)
Old 10-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
TheKdd
Your mama what?

Thanked 8,477 Times in 5,531 Posts
Groans: 228
Groaned at 198 Times in 183 Posts

Elizabeth, I am so sorry. Things do have their way of working out though. 2009 was that year for me. I don't think I have had a worse year in my entire life, but things are finally getting a lot better. Make it through this, and you will tougher, stronger, and things will look up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
My Karma ran over your dogma.
~
TheKdd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
Elizabeth
Senior Yakster

Groans: 3
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts

Thanks KR and TK -- I really appreciate the support. It helps more than you know.

And yes, KR, Iowa girls can withstand a lot of crap! We're built tough!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
KaysarRocks
Mega Yakster

Thanked 1,020 Times in 909 Posts
Groans: 80
Groaned at 81 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
Thanks KR and TK -- I really appreciate the support. It helps more than you know.

And yes, KR, Iowa girls can withstand a lot of crap! We're built tough!
We bleed black and gold girl, we can take anything.

“If you’re looking for sympathy you’ll find it between shit and syphilis in the dictionary.”
— David Sedaris, Barrel Fever
KaysarRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
Shiny Beige
Silver Yakkster

Thanked 1,915 Times in 1,288 Posts
Groans: 265
Groaned at 28 Times in 25 Posts

Sending you strength. Hang in there and remember you have a lot of support here.
Shiny Beige is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shiny Beige For This Useful Post:
Elizabeth (10-03-2011)

Old 10-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #7
Kristin
Senior Yakster

Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,013 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 34 Times in 31 Posts

I'm so sorry, Elizabeth. I hope things turn around quickly for you. You're a strong woman and you can get through just about anything. Just when you feel like you can't take another bad thing, something will happen to change it all and things will start getting better. And, you may not even have to wait until 2011 to end for it to happen!

I can totally relate to losing someone from alcoholism. My dad was an alcoholic and passed away when he was 48 from a massive heart attack. It's really difficult to watch someone who has a problem when you feel so helpless. When I lost him it was so incredibly painful, but I kept reminding myself that at least his fight was finally over and he could be at peace. He tried countless times to overcome his addiction, but he just didn't have the strength (or stress-free life) to do it. It didn't make me love him any less, but it definitely made me hurt for him. I hope it's some comfort for you to know that your friend is no longer fighting those demons and is finally at rest.

Vent when you need to. We're all here for you.
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
LittleMama
Yakkity Special Correspondent

Groans: 19
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Elizabeth, all WILL work out for you...believe me. God doesn't throw anything at us that we can't handle. He always has a better plan in mind for any hardships we experience.

I know it seems that everything is falling apart at once, but just know that we all care about you...friends, family and YY Family.

Have strength, girl! If you find it hard to gather strength, we'll be strong for you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I feel so loved.

LittleMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LittleMama For This Useful Post:
Elizabeth (10-03-2011)
Old 10-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #9
Hapyhouswf
VIP Yakkster

Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts

Elizabeth....
I hate that you are having a hard time...
This has been a bad year for me as well...I keep the faith and I know you will also...
I lost my mother and my mother n law...within 5 months to the day of each other....Then God blessed us with Claire the bright light at the end of the tunnel...Or so I thought...Which she is my light....
We went to the beach this past weekend to try and get away...Well that didn't work out...My Dad went with us and he was a pain...He stayed in our room and complained all night about my husbands snoring...Kept me up and I came home exhausted....We had paid through today, got up yesterday morning...Well he did I had been awake since 4am...Outside freezing my butt off just biting my tongue....I came in at 8:30 am went to the shower and as soon as I got out he ask when are we leaving??? I was livid! But still biting my tongue, I packed up and brought him home...I haven't talked to him yet...OH and I went to one of my favorite restaurants and he caused a scene...Hated it...We were going to walk and he didn't want to so took the bus....Well a down pour started while in the restaurant...Took the bus back to the hotel...But that was a trip in it's self...Got on at 21st street had to ride it all the way to the end of first than back to 29th....He complained to everyone that sat beside him about his dinner...Telling them not to go there...
Now, My husband was working with My middle daughter and her husband...Well they sold and signed papers on Friday....These people was suppose to keep the employees...Found out from another driver that hubby doesn't have a job now, they sold that part out to another company...They have lied their butts off on everything...He could work for them, but isn't going to...So that is my year...One blessing is my daughter said we didn't have to worry about anything....

So, That is my year so far....It has to get better....For both of us....I will keep you in my prayers.....
Hapyhouswf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #10
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Thanked 8,656 Times in 6,627 Posts
Groans: 627
Groaned at 1,039 Times in 954 Posts

Well, doesn't look like I can add much because these peeps here have it covered. The best i can offer is that you're welcome to come here and vent ANY TIME you want and know that we're all thinking and praying for ya. Hoping things start swinging in a different direction for you and I hope you continue to stay strong through it all

Keep the faith, my fellow Psych viewer!

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 19wingz For This Useful Post:
LittleMama (10-03-2011)