Notices

Reaching Out Need advice on something, or just want to talk to another Yakkster? Open up here. Rainbow Bridge here as well.

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #11
Sphinx
YakBB2 WINNER & #EvilQueen!

Thanked 4,330 Times in 2,904 Posts
Groans: 406
Groaned at 139 Times in 132 Posts

That seems like a good idea! Not sure why he would be jealous of my life. Nothing to really be jealous of, unless he sees something in that he wants. Don't know what that could be. *shrug* He will be who he is.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #12
TheKdd
Your mama what?

Thanked 8,477 Times in 5,531 Posts
Groans: 228
Groaned at 198 Times in 183 Posts

Maybe he wants to be free. Maybe he wants to be away from family. Maybe he wants to be single. Maybe he wants to be getting an education and just being himself rather than dad, husband, son. Who knows... but there is something there he doesn't have.

In the meantime, just let him be who he is and detach a bit in the social aspect.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
My Karma ran over your dogma.
~
TheKdd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #13
Sphinx

Well we already don't speak, so that's not going to be difficult. He doesn't really need to know what's going on in my life anymore, unless it's via second hand knowledge. I generally kept him at bay, but now I have limited his access to my profile and such.

*shrug*

He may be family, but that doesn't mean he gets to treat me like shit.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #14
grandmamichelf
Bodyguard

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,801 Posts
Groans: 193
Groaned at 30 Times in 28 Posts

As the mother of two sons and a daughter, I am eternally grateful that my children have a healthy respect for each other. With all that's going on with the second oldest son, our oldest has stepped in to help as he can. He has his own wife and children, but he's here for us as well.

As a mother, I would smack my oldest upside the head if he was an asshole to any member in this family. In the end, all we have is family. I perceive a big hint of jealousy and a big hint of "hey I'm here too" from your brother. All you can do is love him and leave him to his own boorish behavior. At some point (or maybe not) he will realize he's missing out on a great brother. His loss. Not yours.
Do not walk in front of me, I will step on you. Do not walk beside me, I will bitch slap you. Do not walk behind me, I will turn around and kick you. I did not come through time and space to bandy words with a witless worm.

Grandma's looking for a grill. If you don't know what that means, you don't know Grandma.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
grandmamichelf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to grandmamichelf For This Useful Post:
Sphinx (09-03-2013)
Old 09-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #15
Sphinx

I don't think it's attention, because my parents have been honed in on him and my SIL and niece for several years now. It was actually me berating my parents to close friends that I felt shunned from the family. That has waned, but you can definitely tell the focus is definitely around my brother and SIL's nuclear family. I do my own thing, which was by my own design and by their hurtful shit over the years.

I do think he's jealous, and that's where the primary bulk of his hits come from. He's said before to my Mom that I'll be the "rich one" of the family, which...is hardly the case right now. Yes, I am setting myself up for dancing among the stars but that's what I do. I lay foundation and then take giant risks and leaps - he could very well do the same.

His homophobia is there, I just don't know if it's an undercurrent between us. If it is, then there's absolutely nothing I can do and I will keep him out of my life but still be there for my nieces and other future niece/nephew. I'm not going to waste my time combating familial intolerance.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #16
Sphinx

"Sorry for offending you the other day. Didn't know you were gonna be such a mega baby."

I blew.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:25 AM   #17
Sphinx

I survived. Suck that brother.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #18
grandmamichelf
Bodyguard

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,801 Posts
Groans: 193
Groaned at 30 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
"Sorry for offending you the other day. Didn't know you were gonna be such a mega baby."

I blew.
And my answer to that would have been...."I'm not the mega baby. Maybe you should try look in that mirror and see what problem you have with yourself before you hone in on me."

Just send him our way. We'll learn him about family and then some. A little schoolin' from grandma never hurt anyone.
Do not walk in front of me, I will step on you. Do not walk beside me, I will bitch slap you. Do not walk behind me, I will turn around and kick you. I did not come through time and space to bandy words with a witless worm.

Grandma's looking for a grill. If you don't know what that means, you don't know Grandma.
grandmamichelf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #19
TheKdd
Your mama what?

Thanked 8,477 Times in 5,531 Posts
Groans: 228
Groaned at 198 Times in 183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post

I blew.
What a dick. He has some mega growing up to do.

~
My Karma ran over your dogma.
~
TheKdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #20
Sphinx

Well, merry Christmas Sphinx. I'm on what...hour 52? 53? Of no sleep and I discovered my SIL deleted me off Facebook.

Petulant little bitch.