Notices

19Wingz Medical Mysteries Have a question for our resident medical doc, 19Wingz? Ever wonder about anything to do with medicine? Come on in.

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #11
KaraokeDiva
Senior Yakster

Thanked 1,170 Times in 936 Posts
Groans: 4
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmamichelf View Post
Have to wait for Tricare to approve the referrals. I'll let everyone know.

Wingz, sending you a PM just to let you know what's going on.
Think of ya here... If you need any help on the smoking topic, just ask. I successfully quit on June 23rd 2007!

Is the doctor giving you any meds to help with smoking cessation? There are several options out there.

I hope the gastro issues turn out to be some benign issue that is easily treated.

*hugs*
KaraokeDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaraokeDiva For This Useful Post:
19wingz (07-28-2013), Cathy (07-28-2013)
Old 08-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #12
grandmamichelf
Bodyguard

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,801 Posts
Groans: 193
Groaned at 30 Times in 28 Posts

Just an update: I'm going back to my old doctor. I thought I had to change doctor's when the main doctor moved to California but Lexi and her father found out we didn't have to. So I'm taking this gastro issue back to her.

KD, at some point I will have to quit smoking but my mind can't wrap around it right now. I tried Chantix. It made me violently sick.

I'm still scheduled for the colonoscopy and endo whatever on the 13th of September but I will talk to my doctor first and have her reschedule it for me. I need a new CPAP machine. And I need to lose weight. But there are other issues that are causing my gastro problems and I seriously need guidance on it. But that's for another post and I don't know how to put it into words right now without crying.
Do not walk in front of me, I will step on you. Do not walk beside me, I will bitch slap you. Do not walk behind me, I will turn around and kick you. I did not come through time and space to bandy words with a witless worm.

Grandma's looking for a grill. If you don't know what that means, you don't know Grandma.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
grandmamichelf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #13
Shiny Beige
Silver Yakkster

Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,287 Posts
Groans: 265
Groaned at 28 Times in 25 Posts

If there's anything any of us can do, Grandma, just let us know.
Sending prayers and good vibes your way!
Shiny Beige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #14
Tina
Bronze Yakkster/Admin Asst.

Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,468 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 17 Times in 13 Posts

Grandma they should also do an H Pylori test. My niece just found out that was the crux of all her abdominal issues. They tested me for it too because of my issues but it came out negative. then I had the colonoscopy/ endoscopy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ELVIS has left the building!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #15
grandmamichelf
Bodyguard

what's an H pylon test?
Do not walk in front of me, I will step on you. Do not walk beside me, I will bitch slap you. Do not walk behind me, I will turn around and kick you. I did not come through time and space to bandy words with a witless worm.

Grandma's looking for a grill. If you don't know what that means, you don't know Grandma.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #16
Tina
Bronze Yakkster/Admin Asst.

Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,468 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 17 Times in 13 Posts

H pylori. Helicobacter pylori . It's an intestinal bacteria that can cause the symptoms you have.
You can have a blood test but it doesn't always test positive when it is. You can have a stool test or they can do a biopsy when you have the endoscopy. It can be eradicated with a round of antibiotics but it can wreak havoc on your gastrointestinal system. Just your symptoms make me think they might want to check that also.

ELVIS has left the building!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #17
terpkings
VIP Yakkster

Groans: 2
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts

GM

Since this all started with the Chinese Buffet, are you allergic to either cat or dog? Has that been ruled out.

BTW, had an endoscopy 18 months ago and they enlarged my esophagus and it really irritated me for about a month. Overall though it helped with my ability to swallow and digest food.
terpkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #18
grandmamichelf
Bodyguard

Hey terp. Nope not allergic to cat or dog. Matter of fact, when we were in the Philippines, my mother-in-law made adobo with dog.

I'm so not looking forward to any of this and right now I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #19
terpkings
VIP Yakkster

Groans: 2
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmamichelf View Post
Hey terp. Nope not allergic to cat or dog. Matter of fact, when we were in the Philippines, my mother-in-law made adobo with dog.

I'm so not looking forward to any of this and right now I'm feeling pretty good right now.
Both procedures aren't that bad anymore so you should come out of it feeling better in the long run.

Hope the best for you.
terpkings is offline   Reply With Quote