Notices

The Political Yak Got thoughts on the political landscape? Come on in!

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 06:47 AM   #31
Hapyhouswf
VIP Yakkster

Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts

I don't get it either....

Teach, My son n law was adopted. His parents were in college and 19 years old. They wanted to finish school, had they made he decision to abort him, I wouldn't have my beautiful grandchildren, Colby and Claire. I applaud these to two brave souls for giving him life, and Thank God they did.

Back to the subject like I said the government needs to stay out of my private life and take care of the things that need to be taken care of....That doesn't include my sex life....
Hapyhouswf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #32
TheKdd
Your mama what?

Thanked 8,477 Times in 5,531 Posts
Groans: 228
Groaned at 198 Times in 183 Posts

Most people in this society do not take abortion lightly already. Sure, there are some loons that use it for birth control, but that is certainly not a majority. Most women who choose to get an abortion do so already with a heavy heart. If the choice is made, no ultrasound is going to change that.

In the meantime, let's say a woman goes in, has an ultrasound, and is trying after to decide whether or not to get the abortion. Under Rick Santorum, part of her decision needs to be thinking about the "denial of welfare" and punishment she may receive if she has that child. She also will need to "curb her sex life" and "be more careful", but make sure you just practice abstinence, because birth control should never be used.

Does any of this make sense?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
My Karma ran over your dogma.
~
TheKdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #33
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Thanked 8,654 Times in 6,627 Posts
Groans: 627
Groaned at 1,039 Times in 954 Posts

There actually are a lot of women, unfortunately, who use abortion as birth control. I can't tell you how many patients I saw during my 1 month OB rotation (and even 1 month GYN rotation in getting their history) had like 10 pregnancies, 1 kid and maybe 1 miscarriage with the rest being elective abortions. It's very sad and I will just leave it at that.

This law though, makes no sense. I agree. There is a HUGE psychological component when it comes to reproduction, but I think resources would be better spent in discussing abstinence and SAFE and EFFECTIVE forms of contraception. Now I know that is a tricky line for people to admit to because many believe contraception is killing a baby. Biologically, you're just preventing conception from occurring. Now, whether that constitutes killing a baby is a personal opinion and decision everyone has to make but instead of letting it get to the point of needed this ultrasound to change their mind, how about we approach them BEFORE THEY START HAVING SEX!!

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 19wingz For This Useful Post:
Hapyhouswf (03-09-2012)

Old 03-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #34
TheKdd
Your mama what?

Thanked 8,477 Times in 5,531 Posts
Groans: 228
Groaned at 198 Times in 183 Posts

Oh I don't doubt there are many who use it as birth control, but like I said, it isn't the majority.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
My Karma ran over your dogma.
~
TheKdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #35
Mystycl
Admin Asst.

Thanked 7,456 Times in 5,418 Posts
Groans: 282
Groaned at 153 Times in 143 Posts

if you dont want a baby, dont have unprotected sex!
if you cant be protected, then dont have sex.....

its really that simple, imo!!!!!!!

Mystycl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #36
19wingz
Carrie's Cowboy Casanova

Thanked 8,654 Times in 6,627 Posts
Groans: 627
Groaned at 1,039 Times in 954 Posts

Well ya, but you're underestimating a great majority of the country. lol World, even.

Proud Supporter of the Michigan Wolverines & Detroit Red Wings!! (and anyone who plays those damn Buckeyes)

God put us here on this carnival ride
We close our eyes
Never knowing where it will take us next
19wingz is offline   Reply With Quote