Notices

Arguers Corner The Yak's "no holds barred" area, so argue away. The views expressed aren't necessarily the views of YakkityYaks as an entity.

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 12:42 AM   #331
PinkFreak
Wonder Woman

Thanked 2,901 Times in 1,785 Posts
Groans: 58
Groaned at 84 Times in 75 Posts

Quote:
Chick-fil-A agrees to end anti-gay donations, mandates equal treatment of gays

CHICAGO -- After months of negotiations with Ald. Proco “Joe” Moreno over its anti-gay positions and donations, Chick-fil-A has agreed to cease donations from its non-profit charity to anti-gay organizations and issued a company-wide internal mandate calling for the equal treatment of all employees and customers.

WinShape, a non-profit funded by Chick-fil-A, has donated millions of dollars to anti-LGBT organizations — some classified hate groups — including Focus on the Family, according to The Civil Rights Agenda, which worked with Moreno and company executives in an advisory capacity as they negotiated to adopt new policies. Chick-fil-A did not respond to attempts to confirm the information.

“This is a win for the LGBT community,” Moreno said in a statement provided by TCRA. “This is a win for everyone who works for the cause of equal rights, and a win for Chick- fil-A. This is a win for all.”

The shift could ease intense opposition from the local LGBT community and the alderman that left many pitted against the restaurant chain’s plans to open a new location in the city.

“We are very pleased with this outcome and thank Ald. Moreno for his work on this issue,” said Anthony Martinez, executive director of TCRA. “I think the most substantive part of this outcome is that Chick-fil-A has ceased donating to organizations that promote discrimination, specifically against LGBT civil rights.”

The company outlined its shift in policy and practice in a letter addressed to Moreno (1st), who in July declared that he would block the popular fast food chain from opening a new location in his ward unless they changed their anti-gay policies. The letter, signed by Chick-fil-A’s Senior Director of Real Estate reads, “The WinShape Foundations is now taking a much closer look at the organizations it considers helping, and in that process will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas.”

To read the entire story or to visit Chicago Phoenix, a content partner with SDGLN, click HERE.
SOURCE

I love The Yak
It's my kind of place
Just walkin' through the front door

Puts a big smile on my face
It ain't too far, come as you are

Hmm, hmm, hmm I love The Yak

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PinkFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PinkFreak For This Useful Post:
Karadise (09-19-2012), Mystycl (09-19-2012), Sheldon (09-19-2012), Shiny Beige (09-19-2012), Sphinx (09-19-2012), TheKdd (09-19-2012)
Old 09-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #332
Sphinx
YakBB2 WINNER & #EvilQueen!

Thanked 4,330 Times in 2,904 Posts
Groans: 406
Groaned at 139 Times in 132 Posts

http://tmblr.co/ZkwwKwTefOPf

Old 09-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #333
Sheldon
YakTV Executive Producer

Thanked 4,541 Times in 2,464 Posts
Groans: 134
Groaned at 139 Times in 124 Posts

That's the best thing I've ever seen.

Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #334
Yellowdog
Senior Yakster

Thanked 5,208 Times in 3,329 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 188 Times in 159 Posts

The move was made for money and not common decency but at least the end result is good.
Yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yellowdog For This Useful Post:
LittleMama (09-20-2012), Mystycl (09-25-2012), TheKdd (09-19-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 02:49 AM   #335
requiem
Ruby Chen

Thanked 5,241 Times in 3,672 Posts
Groans: 1,056
Groaned at 821 Times in 577 Posts

Loving the care bears right now...GREAT FIND!

#ShineBrightLikeARuby

"Everybody knows I'm a mother fucking monster!" - Kanye West

"You can take away my car and you can take away my keys...But you can't take away my dreams because I'm like sleeping when I have them." - NATR
requiem is offline   Reply With Quote