Notices

America's Next Top Model ANTM Discussion!

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
Yak Nicholson
The One and Only

Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
tvyak "ANTM" Recap: Girls Get Banged Up, Plus Who Is Coming Back?

Last week on ANTM; we saw Allyssa go home, Nastasia get best photo, and Laura land herself in the bottom 2. This week Laura is on the rampage to get back to the number 1 spot!

Back at the house, Brittany is upset because she has*received*2nd place on three occasions, but she has never been able to get to the top spot. More importantly, the girls continue to confront Victoria, this time for throwing them under the bus and making them look bad for “looking out” for her. Kristin keeps on being a b*tch… which is pretty epic, I can’t help but really like Kristin. She don’t take no sh*t.

Challenge

Finally, we get my favorite challenge of the season! I think it really show*whether*a person can actually work in the modelling industry. Yes, it’s the go-see challenge! The girls are split into 3 pairs, and each pair goes to the 5 designers, each of which pick one girl who would model for them! The teams were Kristin/Brittany, Laura/Nastasia and Kiara/Victoria. The go-see’s seemed to go smoothly on the most part, apart from a bit of tension between Victoria and Kiara. No girls were late, which upsets me cause I like it when girls are late!!

In the end, the challenge scores and bookings were as followed:

Laura – 7.5 (Guess and Whitney Port)

Kiara – 7.5 (Cecilia Cassini)

Victoria – 7.3 (No bookings)

Brittany – 6.7 (No bookings)

Kristin – 6.5 (I heart Ronson)

Nastasia – 6.5 (LuLu Guinness)

The scores were so close this week, only 1 point between first and last. So this week is really gonna come down to the photo-shoot.

After the results of the challenge, the girls go out to eat and Padraic jumps out of no-where with a TYRA MAIL!!! Photo-shoot seems to have a lot to do with lines and edges.

Back at the house, Kristin is getting annoyed because Laura is always doing so amazing, and she just cant seem to trump her in any way! Laura seems to catch on with the dirty looks Kristin is giving her… I so thought they were like best friends :O

Photo-shoot

The girls go through some jail thing… which I get is meant to represent how many college girls get sent to jail, but it all seems a bit OTT. Anyway, the girls are set to do a jail shot. 50′s retro style. Interesting. Very interesting.

During the photo-shoot Victoria does this whole “character” thing again, which is funny, but I don’t think it is helping her shots at all. Her best shot (nude one) had no character … hint hint. Also, Kiara was sent to prison once in her old life, so she really hates the scenario, and we get the story about how it was the worst time in her life, which is all good (well not good, but you know what I mean). However, then on the photo-shoot she seems to go a bit cray-zy! Effin and jeffin everywhere, I am like gurl! Calm down!

Back at home, skull mail! One girl is going home!

Judging

(Point’s are Kelly Cutrone, Tyra Banks, Rob Evans in order.)

Judges comments:

Kristin – Much better, more high fashioned! 8,7,8*

Nastasia – Body is nice. Not nice eyes. 7,8,7

Victoria – Not a fashion shot. No spark in here eyes. 6,8,7

Kiara – She looks old, but Rob seems to like it? 7,7,9

Brittany – The judges feel like she is falling a bit each week. 6,7,5

Laura -*Hot. Cool. Badass. 9,9,9

Now, personally this weeks photo-shoot seemed really interesting and I was excited when I heard about it! But none of the girls, from the show or the comeback series, really made me go wow. I do think all the points were too high. None of the shots, in my opinion, were of standard that they should be at this point. Because of this it was quite hard to find pictures to rave about in this recap. That’s why we are playing DELETE, TWEET, DELETE*instead of the normal game.*There was only one photo out of the 12 that I would have been willing to tweet about, and none that I would have shared with my facebook friends!! So double delete. For any new readers, tweet is a picture that I love, but that other people might not. A picture that can come down to taste! Delete is self-explanatory, and share (which is absent this week), is a picture that is*indisputably*awesome!

DELETE -*My first delete of the night is Yvonne, from the comeback series. I just see a girl standing there with her arm up. It seems to me that Yvonne has completely given up at the chance of coming back.

TWEET - The one picture, that made me go “ooo” was Laura’s picture. I don’t know if I completely see model, but she took on the character of the shoot best, and it is a good picture.

DELETE -*The second delete of the night has to be poor Brittany. I just don’t see model in this picture, and it kind of creeps me out (not in a good way)

Now, onto the elimination, the call-out was as followed:

Laura – 41.0

Kristin – 35.8

Kiara – 34.8

Nastasia – 33.3

Victoria – 32.6

Brittany – 30.3

So yes, Brittany was eliminated this week! However, twist time!! It is time to announce who is coming back from the comeback show! In enter the girls, and just when Tyra is about to announce who is coming back, in true TV fashion, we will find out next week!

As this is all based on social media scores, I have calculated what each girls average would have been before they were eliminated. Of course, the earlier they were eliminated the more likely there points will change, as I don’t know the points of each girl when they were in the comeback series. The averages were:

Jessie – 5.37

Darian – 4.84

Destiny – 5

Leila – 5.975

Yvonne – 4.992

Allyssa – 5.493

Brittany – 5.416

From this, and looking through the pictures, I think the girls that have a chance at coming back into the competition are Jessie, Leila, Allyssa and Brittany. If I were to guess now, I would say Leila, I just think she is the most high-fashioned and liked by the public of the girls. But we will find out next week.

In this weeks updated table, Laura has extended her lead, and Brittany has been overtaken by Nastasia.

Thanks for reading guys! Who do you think is coming back? Any pictures this week you loved? Also, for getting this far! What you think about the girls going to Jamaica next week?

Much Love,

Luke

More...
Yak Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yak Nicholson For This Useful Post:
TheKdd (10-21-2012)
Old 10-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
TheKdd
Your mama what?

Thanked 8,477 Times in 5,531 Posts
Groans: 228
Groaned at 198 Times in 183 Posts

Can you believe the way the ended the damn episode? LOLOL I was like... SERIOUSLY?? Oh well. I thought it would be Brittany that came back, but according to your calculations, she may not even be in the running, so I guess I'm wrong LOL I think I would like to see Jessie come back if only because we never really got to know her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
My Karma ran over your dogma.
~
TheKdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
Ldbright
Senior Yakster

Groans: 280
Groaned at 99 Times in 98 Posts

I know! It's gonna be a long week... I hope they don't just quickly announce it at the beginning of the next episode, and eliminate girls one by one.. tehe.

I think Allyssa just being slightly ahead of Brittany when she was eliminated makes it unlikely that Brittany comes back. However, none of the eliminated girls got great pictures every week at all. So it could go any way... Jessie seems really cool in the comeback series, and she has definitely improved. I would like her or Leila to come-back
Ldbright is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ldbright For This Useful Post:
TheKdd (10-21-2012)

Old 10-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
TheKdd
Your mama what?

Is the comeback girl based only on the social media scores, or did the judges give them points on their pics every week also that would be added in?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
~
Old 10-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
Ldbright
Senior Yakster

Groans: 280
Groaned at 99 Times in 98 Posts

It's solely based on social media scores I think.
Ldbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
TheKdd
Your mama what?

Hmmm. I kinda wish the judges had their say too.

~
~